Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Wing Chun video from Sifu Leo Au Yeung

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    Have we seen a clip of your wing chun against someone who can actually fight? I think I remember a clip of you cuddling some guy in a ring but it looked more friendly than serious. Why does everyone feel the need to demand clips when they haven't provided any of their own?
    No clips of me cuddling in a ring, a few clips of me competing in grappling and one floating around of light Thai stuff...which is more than we have gotten of you
    By the way do you enjoy holding their jock straps for them I'm not making claims that what everyone else does in wing chun is crap and my lineage has the real stuff...if i did i would post clips....
    Matter of fact I've made the claim that most wing chun including what i do is limited and not very good as a stand alone art, and I've yet to see anything posted that changes this view

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I fully appreciate Philipp Bayer as a teacher of Wing Chun. However his keyboard warriors collection of students don't do him any favours. Please stick to facts and reality, not so called "real fight" myths

Yeah. I've said this several times already on other threads, but I'll say it again. I don't think PB himself would be happy with the way in which he and his teaching are being represented here. These guys have succeeded in giving PB's lineage a bad name here. Because if his attitude is anything like the guys here that post in his name, I wouldn't want anything to do with him. I don't think I'm the only one that has reached this conclusion.
    Lmao ! You don't visit European forums I take it ! PB is a one man army on forums and gets the same thing we do ; ).

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    No clips of me cuddling in a ring, a few clips of me competing in grappling and one floating around of light Thai stuff...which is more than we have gotten of you
    By the way do you enjoy holding their jock straps for them I'm not making claims that what everyone else does in wing chun is crap and my lineage has the real stuff...if i did i would post clips....
    Matter of fact I've made the claim that most wing chun including what i do is limited and not very good as a stand alone art, and I've yet to see anything posted that changes this view
    I posted endless clips , if you can't see what I am showing and tried to explain ?? There is only face to face left.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    Lmao ! You don't visit European forums I take it ! PB is a one man army on forums and gets the same thing we do ; ).
    Correct! and on FB!

We must all be trolling w$ankers

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Correct! and on FB!

We must all be trolling w$ankers
    God bless us and all who sail us ! : )

Quote Originally Posted by T_Ray View Post
    It is frustrating trying to explain anything here. It seems if you happen to practice PBVT you are seen as some kind of offensive ogre. "the PB brigade" or whatever.
    So you're saying the trolling wankers in your lineage are making it hard for you to express yourself?

Maybe a good crying session is in order. But hopefully not in public on the internet.

Oh! So you're saying that PB DOES share the attitude of his followers here? You're saying that PB also pushes the line that out of all the people that Wong Chun Leung taught through the years he is the ONLY one that got it right??? Then its no wonder he gets the same reaction! And if true, again..makes me think I don't want anything to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Ray View Post
    You didnt have to prove what a complete tosser you are like that....

We already knew.
    Now u mad from ur crying session?

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Oh! So you're saying that PB DOES share the attitude of his followers here? You're saying that PB also pushes the line that out of all the people that Wong Chun Leung taught through the years he is the ONLY one that got it right??? Then its no wonder he gets the same reaction! And if true, again..makes me think I don't want anything to do with him.
    Spin it however you like.

It is frustrating trying to explain anything here. It seems if you happen to practice PBVT you are seen as some kind of offensive ogre. "the PB brigade" or whatever.

The problem is in the presentation. You can't expect to post inflammatory things saying how someone is "way off the mark" or someone " doesn't know Wing Chun" just because they have a different interpretation or understanding and NOT expect to get a backlash effect. You have to use a little tack, politeness, and respect...which seems to be greatly lacking in many of the PB followers who post here.

The problem is you try to explain something and people take offence, not because the post is offensive per se, but simply because it contradicts common VT misconceptions, practiced and taught by many here.

That may have happened on occassion and be true to a small extent. But all of the encounters on threads I have been involved with here recently the problem is what I mentioned above.

When challenged, you go into some detail, and people then simply add WSLPB ideas to theirs, and then say PBVT is missing their stuff?

That's true, and a tougher issue. We're all here to talk about Wing Chun and learn something from each other (well, most of us at least). When you post a detailed explanation, don't you expect people to be able to learn something from what you write? But to pretend the info was something they knew all along is wrong.

You quickly reach a point where you dont want to bother to explain PBVT. Its just not worth the hassle, and you end up just rolling your eyes and posting criticism, where you see the mistakes.

What's the old saying?...."If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!" Getting frustrated and posting short negative comments on multiple threads as Graham did recently gains you nothing but dislike.

Spin it however you like.
    That's no spin. Does he have the same attitude and say the same derisive things about other lineages like you guys do or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    So far other then endless.... talk we havent seen a single clip of PB wing chun doing anything against someone who can actually fight its fcking amazing
    Here ya go. Here's what PB wing chun is like in a somewhat full-contact setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I4eaxvw5m4

What forums?

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    Here ya go. Here's what PB wing chun is like in a somewhat full-contact setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I4eaxvw5m4
    The guy in this clip is from a TST and later LT background. He hasn't met PB as far as I know.
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    The guy in this clip is from a TST and later LT background. He hasn't met PB as far as I know.
    Oops, my bad.

I guess this is a more accurate description of whatt PB wing chun is like in a somewhat full-contact setting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDqSRN_ZDWk