Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dominick Izzo against a bigger guy (Chi Sau)

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    Doesn't a bench press by definition involve lying on a bench? Maybe he means incline bench which I guess is more seated
    I thought that too About the bench press there's a seated and standing military press but never heard or a seated bench press and a 450 seated military press would be...impressive to say the least.......

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I thought that too About the bench press there's a seated and standing military press but never heard or a seated bench press and a 450 seated military press would be...impressive to say the least.......
    Because all the Nautilus machine users need to be bad@$$es too.

Could be on a machine where you sit in a chair and press handles or whatever horizontally, as opposed to lying on a bench and pressing the weight vertically.

Dunno, though, first I've heard of it too.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Yep, it's on a machine. You can see him doing the 450 on one of his videos.
    But I've never seen anyone on any workout/fitness/bodybuilding forums ever talk about what they can do on anything other than freeweights cause they'd get laughed at for bragging about their numbers machine lifts.

He's probably in decent shape, but mentioning the 450 seated benchpress really is trying to make yourself sound stronger than you are. I'm guessing his true benchpress is like half of that.

Cause first, it's a machine, so its much easier than free weights.
    Second, if you watch his vid, he's doing it kinda like a decline press, which you can always do more weight than a real flat bench.
    And third, his range of motion isn't that impressive. You can always do a lot more weight doing lockouts.

to be fair, whilst it has nothing to do with Wing Chun, being able to press 450lbs which by my reckoning is about 200kg in real money even on a machine is bloody good going, certainly a lot more than I can move.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Wong shun Leung on chi sao

Didnt want to start a new thread.See an interview with WSL
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a lot of drills when you teach?
    In Hong Kong we don’t use a lot of drills. We teach sticking hands and build everything into it.

Source: http://www.vingtsunforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=74.0

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Didnt want to start a new thread.See an interview with WSL
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a lot of drills when you teach?
    In Hong Kong we don’t use a lot of drills. We teach sticking hands and build everything into it.

Source: http://www.vingtsunforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=74.0
    Thanks for the link.