Thread: Thoughts on this article?

My thoughts are that tc101 is selling his own brand of WC, he wants to be the rebel to give him a point of difference, notice how he alienates himself from the major lineages.

Poor skill, bad haircut and not that clever...... hows that for an opinion

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Perfect!
    "Ving Tsun is a horse not everybody can ride"

Wong Shun Leung.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Perfect!
    Oh, and he's a knob

My thoughts are that tc101 is selling his own brand of WC, he wants to be the rebel to give him a point of difference, notice how he alienates himself from the major lineages.

I have no problem with someone making Wing Chun their own. In our own way way we all kind of do it. However you need to graduate from the system to do it, meaning have something from your instructor to say you completed the system, etc. Otherwise the whole system becomes a mess and is not Wing Chun anymore. Its seems he has a chip on his shoulder because because he has not graduated in the system.

Oh, and he's a knob
    You know, he was going to be at that 'gathering' in the UK but I think he pulled out.

The problem for tc now is that it is possible to connect the stuff he said on the forum with his actual training clips. He sounds a bit unbalanced in the article, like you say striving for a point of difference

Did I miss something? Did we indeed confirm that Izzo is tc101???

Ah! Yes! This:

Wrestling is grappling. Karate is kicks and punches, Judo is throwing, Tae Kwon Do is kicking with punching, Kali is knife work, Escrima is swords and sticks and the list goes on…then, enter Wing Chun with The Little Idea and one goal in mind, use concepts to support techniques…and to make matters worse, simplify them both in the physical sense and the conceptual sense and then teach individuals with their own perception, their own logic, their own reasoning and worst of all, their own emotions.

Anyone in the Wing Chun world who has studied long enough can spot the difference between a student of Ip Chun, Ip Ching, William Cheung, Leung Ting, Duncan Leung, Wong Shun Leung, Lo Man Kam, Sam Kwok, Simon Lau and several others. If we take all those men, have them been birthed from the same parents, might they not have differences in characteristics while all having the same family name? The same holds true with Wing Chun.

sounds a lot like tc101! Maybe just coincidence? But here we have two of tc101's big yapping points......concepts are not worth worrying about, and you can tell Wing Chun just by looking at it, you don't need "DNA" or "definitions." But its possible that tc101 is one of Izzo's students and he would never tell us that because he knew the reaction it might get!
    Last edited by KPM; 09-20-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Did I miss something? Did we indeed confirm that Izzo is tc101??? ... its possible that tc101 is one of Izzo's students and he would never tell us that because he knew the reaction it might get!
    Now that would make more sense. Izzo doesn't have any problems putting his name out there or posting videos. A student of Izzo's Tactical Combat might be a little more apprehensive.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Now that would make more sense. Izzo doesn't have any problems putting his name out there or posting videos. A student of Izzo's Tactical Combat might be a little more apprehensive.
    I could see him having problems coming clean after being caught in a lie. But could also be a student it's true