Graham wrote:
I haven't really read everything on this thread. It's boring but if you are unsure about anything related to WSLPBVT from SLT to BCD then I will be happy to answer instead of any cloak and dagger BS. Sean is prepared to answer as well as Kev and T.ray will be so come on man!

Ok. Fair enough Graham! That thread was getting rather cumbersome! So I thought we could start out fresh. Thanks for offering to answer questions.

Let's start with this one. I asked it twice on the other thread and it was ignored both times:

1. What is the difference between saying that things can be used for more than one purpose (applied in various ways) and saying that you see them in an "abstract, non-specific way"? Doesn't "non-specific" imply that it can be done in more than one way?

2. I've seen it stated several times that Taan Sau is meant for training the elbow for the punch. I can see how this would be the case. But is Taan Sau used as a Taan Sau itself?

3. In regards to the movement in the Chum Kiu form pivoting between Bong Sau and Lan Sau, you said that this is only for improving the mechanics and concept of what Chum Kiu is teaching you, and that there should be no application attached to this action. So does it matter how you perform the Bong and Lan? In other words is there a "correct" and an "incorrect" way of doing the pivoting between Bong and Lan?

4. What do you guys mean by the term "applications"?

5. In general, how do you physically express the concepts taught in the forms? I know this sounds like a odd and very generalized question, but it was said that you train concepts, not specific techniques. So I'm wondering how you see that being done, if not by using specific techniques?

I think that's a good start? The intent here is to bring some clarity to recent discussions, so please guys don't take this off on a tangent with the typical name calling, lineage bashing, Johnson measuring and other fun stuff that we usually see!