Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member

Hi all

I'm new to the Forum but not to Ving Tsun. I just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself and hopefully add something to the Forum.

I trained for many years under Samuel Kwok eventually becoming an instructor and have had my own club for just over a year. My main focus was really Ip Chings method.

However earlier this year I started to become disillusioned with the Ving Tsun I was learning and teaching. Mainly when trying to apply what I had learnt into free sparring. Quite simply outside of chi sau with people who trained the same way it just didn't work!

Fortunately I started training with Graham H who I'm sure some of you know from this Forum and started learning Philipp Bayer Ving Tsun from him. I have to say I was blown away. I thought my VT was Ok but I was shown otherwise. And thank god I have made the transition.

N

Quote Originally Posted by Neil-Y View Post
    Hi all

I'm new to the Forum but not to Ving Tsun. I just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself and hopefully add something to the Forum.

I trained for many years under Samuel Kwok eventually becoming an instructor and have had my own club for just over a year. My main focus was really Ip Chings method.

However earlier this year I started to become disillusioned with the Ving Tsun I was learning and teaching. Mainly when trying to apply what I had learnt into free sparring. Quite simply outside of chi sau with people who trained the same way it just didn't work!

Fortunately I started training with Graham H who I'm sure some of you know from this Forum and started learning Philipp Bayer Ving Tsun from him. I have to say I was blown away. I thought my VT was Ok but I was shown otherwise. And thank god I have made the transition.

N
    Maybe you can post some of these sparring clips since no one else from this lineage has ever been able to.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    Maybe you can post some of these sparring clips since no one else from this lineage has ever been able to.
    What clips and what lineage?

What clips and what lineage?
    Clips of you free sparring with the things you have learned from the PB lineage.

Clips of you free sparring with the things you have learned from the PB lineage.
    I didn't say I had taken clips. These things are far better experienced in person. I know everyone thinks that there way is the best but having seen both sides now now I have absolutely no doubt in my mind.

I didn't say I had taken clips. These things are far better experienced in person. I know everyone thinks that there way is the best but having seen both sides now now I have absolutely no doubt in my mind.
    Oh, another PB person who "spars", but has no evidence of that. Just like the rest of them. Ho-hum. Whatever.
    Last edited by LaRoux; 09-25-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Oh, another PB person who "spars", but has no evidence of that. Just like the rest of them. Ho-hum. Whatever.
    Pmsl....didn't realise we needed video evidence to become members of this Forum. Whatever yawn zzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by T_Ray View Post
    Come on in, the water's lovely.

Did you bring a tin helmet?
    Oh and can I thank T-Ray for pointing me in the right direction!

Pmsl....didn't realise we needed video evidence to become members of this Forum. Whatever yawn zzzzzz
    You don't. But then you just become like all the rest of the PB fanboy cult. Lots of claims, but zero evidence.

Both sides? Why not more sides? Did you test with others outside of Bayer?

You don't. But then you just become like all the rest of the PB fanboy cult. Lots of claims, but zero evidence.
    Ha ha I'm loving this Forum already. Its a claim born out of my experience. I can see how others become defensive,,,,I was to. But once experienced it's strikingly apparent what I was previously doing wasn't working.

Welcome Neil Y. Shame you got la'wanka on the first post
    ; )
    Last edited by k gledhill; 09-25-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Graham, is that you?

An English rose by any other name...
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    Graham, is that you?

An English rose by any other name...
    Yeah. Call me suspicious, but with all the shenanigans here lately...this certainly stinks of a set up. The statements, the phrasing. Whatever yawn zzzzz
    Really?

But Phil Bayer can do anything. Even human cloning.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!