Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    If he is who guy B thinks he is, La Roux would hand everyone on this thread their backsides in both armed and un armed combat, yours and mine included
    Who do we think he is?

Edit: in my mind I'm hoping he's Gordon Ramsay
    Last edited by BPWT; 09-27-2013 at 06:47 AM.
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

This isn't him is it?

"Ving Tsun is a horse not everybody can ride"

Wong Shun Leung.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    Who do we think he is?

Edit: in my mind I'm hoping he's Gordon Ramsay
    guy b seems to think its a forum member previously banned here called knifefighter, if it is then he was a 2nd degree bjj blackbelt who started out with the gracies in torrence, a highly ranked no gi grappler, an original dog brother who fought at most gathering, a student of Dan inosanto who also fought Thai for a while in Japan and who also fought vale tudo (no gloves) and MMA several times.....of course if it isn't him then even I can beat him
    Last edited by Frost; 09-27-2013 at 07:03 AM.

.....of course if it isn't him then even I can beat him
    ............and me!
    "Ving Tsun is a horse not everybody can ride"

Wong Shun Leung.

guy b seems to think its a forum member previously banned here called knifefighter, if it is then he was a 2nd degree bjj blackbelt who started out with the gracies in torrence, a highly ranked no go grappled, an original dog brother who fought at most gathering, a student of Dan inosanto who also fought Thai for a while in Japan and who also fought vale tudo (no gloves) and MMA several times.....of course if it isn't him then even I can beat him
    That does sound kinda badarse!
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

guy b seems to think its a forum member previously banned here called knifefighter, if it is then he was a 2nd degree bjj blackbelt who started out with the gracies in torrence, a highly ranked no gi grappler, an original dog brother who fought at most gathering, a student of Dan inosanto who also fought Thai for a while in Japan and who also fought vale tudo (no gloves) and MMA several times.....of course if it isn't him then even I can beat him
    Sounds a little too hardworking to be LaRoux the 'no evidence' troll.

knifefighter is dale franks. Caique black belt lightweight. Amateur MMA fighter. Dog brother. Don't know if it's Laroux. if so I would love to train with him.

A few years back knifefighter, terence niehoff (similar POV), victor parlatti (TWC sifu) all got banned for arguing too much. But Gene (Ching forum owner) doesn't really ban people so since then it's been a lot of self policing the forum (sihing73 Dave does some moderation for extreme things). I don't think if those guys got a new screen name and came back it would be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    knifefighter is dale franks. Caique black belt lightweight. Amateur MMA fighter. Dog brother. Don't know if it's Laroux. if so I would love to train with him.

A few years back knifefighter, terence niehoff (similar POV), victor parlatti (TWC sifu) all got banned for arguing too much. But Gene (Ching forum owner) doesn't really ban people so since then it's been a lot of self policing the forum (sihing73 Dave does some moderation for extreme things). I don't think if those guys got a new screen name and came back it would be an issue.
    I miss the days of winding victor up

If you got him and T. going at each other you had several days great reading.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    If you got him and T. going at each other you had several days great reading.

Jpinaz signature has a great Terence Needlessposts classic remarks on chi sao.

I do miss Terrence, Victor, and some of the "old guard" that no longer seem to post here. Savri always had interesting things to say about HFY. Robert Chu would posted every so often with good info. Same with Phil Redmond. Other than those that got themselves banned for being part of the problem....some of the "old guard" likely quit coming around for the same reason that I did. I've been in and out over the years and stayed gone for a long time because I got tired of the typical crap....like a lot of things we've been seeing lately....disrepectful and sometimes just plain nasty interactions. When it gets where you can't carry on a decent discussion without someone lineage bashing and telling you how wrong you are, what's the point of even coming to the forum? It turns a lot of people off. I know many of you are saying to yourselves.....there goes Myers whining again. But I'm hoping that at some point, the message will get through. Things seemed to have calmed down and have been better for the last several days. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by sihing View Post
    Evidence is only needed when ur trying to prove it to others, LAroux seems to want us to do this for him, sorry to break it too Laroux but that is not our responsibility, it is always urs to prove to urself that what u train in works for u. Here on the forum all we can use is words to describe our experience and thoughts on things VT related, which is a poor representative of what that acrually means for us on a personal basis, as my factual experience is only a story for u as it is related here in words.
    Well, then don't be surprised when someone says they doubt what you are claiming to be able to do is true.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    Well, then don't be surprised when someone says they doubt what you are claiming to be able to do is true.
    No, I think what what he is saying is that you need to go out and test yourself against proficient fighters from different backgrounds. It is the case of 'find out for yourself'.

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoux View Post
    I've posted several examples of WC people not being able to use their principles, theories and techniques in full contact situations. Many others have also posted many examples of the same.
    You are asking people to post full contact sparring clips of themselves on the forum. Have you provided such clips? Or are you still set on being a hypocrite?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    You are asking people to post full contact sparring clips of themselves on the forum. Have you provided such clips? Or are you still set on being a hypocrite?
    I've never said anyone needed to post full contact sparring clips of themselves. I've always said simply provide some evidence. It doesn't matter where that evidence comes from. It doesn't have to come from themselves sparring. It can be anyone providing some evidence for the claims they are claiming.