Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member

Neil meet Larry. BPWT. You will find his posts amusing. Do a bit of reading on his previous attempts. He practices Wing Tsun in the Leung Ting lineage. No more needs to be said lol
    "Ving Tsun is a horse not everybody can ride"

Wong Shun Leung.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Oooooooo a bit of name calling is it? Kind of ironic that coming from one of the biggest tits on here. That little cage of yours getting a bit rattled just because now we have somebody else that can rubbish your stupid ideas on Wing Chun? Keep it coming big boy!
    Dude, one extra PB groupie or 10,000, it makes no odds... you all spout the same message: that PB is Chesney Hawkes.
    Last edited by BPWT; 09-26-2013 at 05:31 AM.
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    Maybe Graham can get two computers... that way he can preach the faith to pagans like me, whilst simultaneously stroking his own assertions and pontifications with his alter ego.
    Boring. Yaaaaaaaaawn

Wong Shun Leung.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    Dude, one extra PB groupie or 10,000, it makes no odds... you all spout the same message: PB is Chesney Hawkes.
    Chesney Hawkes eh? We are dishing it out today aren't we? I think I prefer Chesney to coco the clown Leung Ting and Kenny Rogers on crack, Maday Norbert!

You idiot Larry lol

Wong Shun Leung.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil-Y View Post
    I can assure you all I am genuine.

Carry on wristing!
    Well Neil, if you are real person...then welcome! All you have to do is go back and read through some of the threads to see why there seems to be any ill-will towards the PB guys here. They have brought it all upon themselves by the way they address people, respond to posts, and lineage bash. Just review Graham's responses above. Please don't be another with that kind of attitude. Its Ok to have found something that works really well for you and that you really enjoy. We want to hear about it! But there is no need for a lot of the really nasty responses and criticisms we have been seeing here of late.
    Last edited by KPM; 09-26-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    @Neil. What did you see in GH explanations that made you drop the other ?
    Well I didn't drop straight away. I had alot of responsibility as I have my own club so needed to be **** sure I was doing the right thing. It would have been alot easier if I didn't have students. After all they were paying me money only for me to turn around and say guys what we are doing just won't work.

So over a few months I trained with Graham and saw for myself. Each time I went to see him reinforced my view. My chi sau felt like it was built on sand. Too much trying to control and keep contact. Using the wrists too much leaving my arms in bad positions. Over turning being exploited, Basically that fact the techniques were based on all this 'feeling' the direction of the energy and then based on that redirecting......all in the space of a nanosecond.....just didn't work. The main point was that I was easily being hit far too easily. I was being turned. When I used a technique too much power and over cooked it then exploited.

Very quickly Graham was showing me ways through forms to change my behaviour, elbow position, balance through chum kui, structure and development of punch through poon sau, drills individual to me to iron out specific problems I have.

But I like how the system fits together as an individual improvement strategy. Plus I'm finding things work in sparring. Still along way to go.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Well Neil, if you are real person...then welcome! All you have to do is go back and read through some of the threads to see why there seems to be any ill-will towards the PB guys here. They have brought it all upon themselves by the way they address people, respond to posts, and lineage bash. Just review Graham's responses above. Please don't be another with that kind of attitude. Its Ok to have found something that works really well for you and that you really enjoy. We want to hear about it! But there is no need for a lot of the really nasty responses and criticisms we have been seeing here of late.
    Thanks Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Well Neil, if you are real person...then welcome! All you have to do is go back and read through some of the threads to see why there seems to be any ill-will towards the PB guys here. They have brought it all upon themselves by the way they address people, respond to posts, and lineage bash. Please don't be another with that kind of attitude. Its Ok to have found something that works really well for you and that you really enjoy. We want to hear about it! But there is no need for a lot of the really nasty responses and criticisms we have been seeing here of late.
    Stop crying Keith FFs!

Wong Shun Leung.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Stop crying Keith FFs!
    Thank you Graham. You've illustrated my point perfectly.

Well I didn't drop straight away. I had alot of responsibility as I have my own club so needed to be **** sure I was doing the right thing. It would have been alot easier if I didn't have students. After all they were paying me money only for me to turn around and say guys what we are doing just won't work.

So over a few months I trained with Graham and saw for myself. Each time I went to see him reinforced my view. My chi sau felt like it was built on sand. Too much trying to control and keep contact. Using the wrists too much leaving my arms in bad positions. Over turning being exploited, Basically that fact the techniques were based on all this 'feeling' the direction of the energy and then based on that redirecting......all in the space of a nanosecond.....just didn't work. The main point was that I was easily being hit far too easily. I was being turned. When I used a technique too much power and over cooked it then exploited.

Very quickly Graham was showing me ways through forms to change my behaviour, elbow position, balance through chum kui, structure and development of punch through poon sau, drills individual to me to iron out specific problems I have.

But I like how the system fits together as an individual improvement strategy. Plus I'm finding things work in sparring. Still along way to go.

Neil

Same here. The common "feeling" thing taught is all wrong. I also had to change and luckily my students all saw the same, not surprisingly. Sparring too, before I was more self defense this for that.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Ray View Post
    Yeah, because people like you and BPWT would never be like that to others.

I came here and tried (and still do try) to be genuine, but I was immediately branded as one of those "PB cult" followers, and my attempts at answering and explaining things from our perspective have been met with usual scorn and derision.

Any genuine queries about PBVT seem to have an ulterior motive and are just opportunities for others to let us spill our methods in order for them to nitpick, bash and try to justify their own methods.
    Sad.

Yeah welcome Neil.
    Don't give up trying Trevor.

As I recall Graham saying, when he started over from scratch he had to do the same thing and lost students as a result. That's far more respectable than keeping the cheongsam on and pretending to be Ip Man from the movies knowing your sh!t won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    As I recall Graham saying, when he started over from scratch he had to do the same thing and lost students as a result. That's far more respectable than keeping the cheongsam on and pretending to be Ip Man from the movies knowing your sh!t won't work.
    Indeed. I also have had some casualties.

Yeah, because people like you and BPWT would never be like that to others.

Not saying we don't have our off days. But I certainly try to keep things polite and civil. But I admit I get drawn in when people start telling me what I am saying is "non-sense" that I don't know what I am talking about, and start throwing slurs and taunts my way. The level of vindictiveness put out by Graham and Kevin is fairly unmatched.

I came here and tried (and still do try) to be genuine, but I was immediately branded as one of those "PB cult" followers, and my attempts at answering and explaining things from our perspective have been met with usual scorn and derision.

That is unfortunate. I admit that you have been making an honest attempt at having a civil discussion of late. But I don't think your perspective has been met with "scorn and derision." Its just when something doesn't add up or make sense and further questions are asked, the typical comeback tends be just more lineage bashing and "you just don't get it" kind of responses.

Any genuine queries about PBVT seem to have an ulterior motive and are just opportunities for others to let us spill our methods in order for them to nitpick, bash and try to justify their own methods.

The problem is that any genuine queries about PBVT tend to get squashed by the non-sense that drowns out any real conversation. Why is it that I could have a perfectly civil discussion with PBVT about LTWT or with JPinAZ about HFY, but we can't seem to have civil discussions about PBVT? Could it be because of the way the information is presented? Could it be due to some of the responses that simple questions or descriptions of someone else's methods receives? Go back and read through the various exchanges and see how often the response to someone describing what they do in their lineage or asking a perfectly innocent question was met with the equivalent of ....."you're stupid" , "you obviously don't know what you're doing" , or "your version of Wing Chun sucks." So then the motive becomes to prove you guys wrong because you have set yourself up on this high pedestal as being the only guys that know the "real" Wing Chun. Don't you see that? If your basic message in every post about PBVT is that you are right and everyone else's Wing Chun sucks, how can you expect that it won't be met with a negative response?

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Yes when I returned from Germany I told my students that what I was teaching was incorrect. It was difficult but I was more interested in getting what I saw from PB so I guess I was a bit selfish. The ones that left I was actually glad. Like a lot of people in Wing Chun they wanted a fast track to Sifuville and all the gradings, kung fu suits and slippers etc.

The main thing I had to change was my structure and improve my power. I saw PB toying with guys twice his size and I was blown away by it all. He gave me things to go away and practice and little by little I began to develop correctly and in turn move further away from my old thinking.

There are so many problems with usual Wing Chun but you have to be exposed to a better method before you can see that. This is the big problem with this forum. Apart from a few us nobody else here has seen it so they won't know any better. All they can do is speculate and form incorrect opinions. Keith and BPWT are this weeks winners by being at the top of the list.

Wong Shun Leung.