Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HybridWarrior View Post
    Wow. That must have sucked for him to realize this after years and lots of $ invested. Good for him though...its cool that his thirst for good Wing Chun doesnt stop him on his journey. Thx for the info.
    It sucked for all of us mate
    "Ving Tsun is a horse not everybody can ride"

Wong Shun Leung.

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I have seen Dale Franks sparring. I wasn't impressed in the way you are.
    He is an amateur fighter who has only had a few fights, presumably because of age. So he's not going to look like Jose Aldo. And he's presumably retired from amateur fights. In BJJ the first guard guys under Caique are pretty tough. Another example of this is Mauricio Zingano, whose wife Kat beat Meisha Tate and was supposed to be coaching TUF this season but blew out a knee. She has a title fight against Rousey coming up after recovery. I haven't seen competition grappling footage of Dale, but he has won like masters BB lightweight in some comps I saw - local California comps. But don't underestimate - California has LOTS of grapplers.

The only real uniqueness here is Dale did some light sparring with one of Redmond's sifus Rashan that had some clips circulating. Nothing earth shattering, but he did do some basic takedowns like a low single, and Rashan scrambled and got up from under mount. But again, light sparring.

Why this is unique I have no clue other than it seems to be one of the only known instances of sparring between a WCK guy and someone with cage experience that has video.

I wouldn't be running my mouth a lot over Dale. I'm sure Caique could easily produce someone in your weight class to accommodate you.

I have seen Dale Franks sparring. I wasn't impressed in the way you are.
    I was impressed with his full contact fighting clips I never mentioned his sparring
    so that's a no on seeing the fighting clips then??
    I know you have trouble with reading accuratly what others have written so just to make sure you understand what im asking let me try again.... I am asking about his clips of him fighting have you see them, if not how else can you judge his ability to strike and fight since the sparring clip was a light drilling session working rashans ability to stop takedowns in a friendly setting??
    Last edited by Frost; 09-28-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    He is an amateur fighter who has only had a few fights, presumably because of age. So he's not going to look like Jose Aldo. And he's presumably retired from amateur fights. In BJJ the first guard guys under Caique are pretty tough. Another example of this is Mauricio Zingano, whose wife Kat beat Meisha Tate and was supposed to be coaching TUF this season but blew out a knee. She has a title fight against Rousey coming up after recovery. I haven't seen competition grappling footage of Dale, but he has won like masters BB lightweight in some comps I saw - local California comps. But don't underestimate - California has LOTS of grapplers.

The only real uniqueness here is Dale did some light sparring with one of Redmond's sifus Rashan that had some clips circulating. Nothing earth shattering, but he did do some basic takedowns like a low single, and Rashan scrambled and got up from under mount. But again, light sparring.

Why this is unique I have no clue other than it seems to be one of the only known instances of sparring between a WCK guy and someone with cage experience that has video.

I wouldn't be running my mouth a lot over Dale. I'm sure Caique could easily produce someone in your weight class to accommodate you.
    I know Dale Franks is a solid grappler. That isn't at issue. I'm replying to Frost's hysterical hero worshiping of the guy and attempts to scare using his reputation. I know I could beat Franks because I have seen him sparring and grappling and I am too big and young for him. That's just a fact.

Whether Franks is Knifefighter I don't know. Whether Laroux is Knifefighter is also uncertain. Somebody claimed he was which is what I repeated. What I do know is that both Knifefighter and Laroux are complete ar$eholes with nothing but hatred for wing chun. If Dale Franks is one of these internet aliases then he is also an ar$ehole. He doesn't get a free pass on this due to being a better than average grappler.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I was impressed with his full contact fighting clips I never mentioned his sparring
    so that's a no on seeing the fighting clips then??
    I know you have trouble with reading accuratly what others have written so just to make sure you understand what im asking let me try again.... I am asking about his clips of him fighting have you see them, if not how else can you judge his ability to strike and fight since the sparring clip was a light drilling session working rashans ability to stop takedowns in a friendly setting??
    I have seen a clip of what looked like amateur level mma or grapple and strike with Dale Franks. I wouldn't call that "fighting", it was a sporting event. I wasn't impressed by his striking ability. What else can I say? Almost anyone seriously training striking will be better than Dale Franks in this skill set.

Is this the Dale Franks/ LaRoux in question?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8PK8j_Y5Xs

LaRoux has been speaking highly of Phil R.'s people, who he's in the clip with. But... I'm not really impressed with anything he did in that clip. Seems to be a sport grappler used to playing with rules, doing things that'd easily get him jacked up.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Is this the Dale Franks/ LaRoux in question?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8PK8j_Y5Xs

LaRoux has been speaking highly of Phil R.'s people, who he's in the clip with. But... I'm not really impressed with anything he did in that clip. Seems to be a sport grappler used to playing with rules, doing things that'd easily get him jacked up.
    that's dale yes, and when that clip was posted people jumped all over it until two things happened 1) Phil came on to say it was a simple light session for rashan to test his takedown abilities in a very light limited friendly get together and 2) dale put a clip up of himself which showed both sports grappling, mma and valetudo (no gloves very limited rules) matches and dog brother gathering where he fought stick on stick and blade on blade
    if he is a sports grappler then he is one who has also fought vale tudo, mma and is a founding dog brother used to fighting mma bouts with weapons.

It wasn't a question of whether Alan cares or not. It was a question of your not understanding the Alan Orr hate on the forum. The reason for it is that Alan does something substantially different from what everyone else does and so they can't identify with it. This is his "problem" in terms of perception of him of this forum
    Just thought I'd share! Let Alan speak for himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhownwwVHdA

This is his "problem" in terms of perception of him of this forum
    So he has no problem at all then. Other than with a bunch of opinionated nonachievers.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

I am large, fast and young and can punch very hard.
    "arrogant" and "stupid" seem to have got left off that list.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    You are absolute right. In another TCMA form, people still believe that one should lie down on the couch and masturbate for 10 years before he is ready and qualified to have sex with any girl. I just don't want to be any part of it.
    That's hilarious

It wasn't a question of whether Alan cares or not. It was a question of your not understanding the Alan Orr hate on the forum. The reason for it is that Alan does something substantially different from what everyone else does and so they can't identify with it. This is his "problem" in terms of perception of him of this forum
    Perception for some. Yep, Alan can be pretty arrogant (he sounds like a PB fan boy sometimes except singing a different tune), but i can see the WC in what he does.

His structure and power delivery are fairly obvious to me

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    That's hilarious
    It was pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    To quote Homer Simpson, he's also.... "Powerful Like a Gorilla, Yet Soft and Yielding Like a Nerf Ball"

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I don't agree. I'm nowhere near a top notch sports fighter and would lose to most in my weight division most of the time. Sports fighting is their job. It is not mine and I am under no delusions of greatness.

I do know who Dale Franks is though and I know he is too old and small to beat me in a fight given that my striking is much better than his plus I have good judo and bjj experience which negates the strong part of his game. This is just physical reality.

Before reading on this forum that Dale Franks is Laroux I would have had respect for his experience and would have been open to hearing his opinions, especially on grappling.

If he really is Laroux then while I still respect that his commitment to bjj over the years I no longer have any respect for his general opinions on MA given the constant trolling that Laroux does here on the forum and the closed mind and lack of experience he displays in every post.
    Last edited by guy b.; 09-29-2013 at 06:10 AM.