Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: New Member

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    I don't agree. I'm nowhere near a top notch sports fighter and would lose to most in my weight division most of the time. Sports fighting is their job. It is not mine and I am under no delusions of greatness.

I do know who Dale Franks is though and I know he is too old and small to beat me in a fight given that my striking is much better than his plus I have good judo and bjj experience which negates the strong part of his game. This is just physical reality.

Before reading on this forum that Dale Franks is Laroux I would have had respect for his experience and would have been open to hearing his opinions, especially on grappling.

If he really is Laroux then while I still respect that his commitment to bjj over the years I no longer have any respect for his general opinions on MA given the constant trolling that Laroux does here on the forum and the closed mind and lack of experience he displays in every post.
    Yah I don't think Laroux is Dale. But the knifefighter screen name certainly was. Anyways why are we talking about him other than to hear how tough you think you are? I mean your opinions on this forum haven't been exactly the epitome of mature content when it comes to trolling either.

I mean most of those guys who don't post anymore I don't think are losing sleep over it and would probably say this forum hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Rick Spain and his students haven't done badly in ring fights, both kickboxing and MMA.

I don't understand the Alan Orr hate here. With little competition evidence to back up most of you guy's, including the PB crowd's, claims of WC/VT badassness, except Alan, you guys ought to be hanging off his rep like leeches.

Claims of 40 "streetfights" or a few months throwing drunks out of a bar don't count.
    Alan has never shy'ed away from the fact that His WC is HIS and is based on Robert Chu's system ( which is a hybrid system also IIRC).
    Why on earth would Alan's WC look like anyone elses WC?
    It looks like it has to based on what it is trying to accomplish:
    Combat ( sport and street) effectiveness in THIS day and age VS OTHER MA.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    I mean most of those guys who don't post anymore I don't think are losing sleep over it and would probably say this forum hasn't changed.
    Don't kid yourself - it's getting worse by the day :P
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

A new member said hello and 3000 views later ; ) ends up as a discussion about who's really on first, what's on second and I don't knows on third. That's what I said who's on first ? ... Yes... Huh, and so on. .... . ; )

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    A new member said hello and 3000 views later ; ) ends up as a discussion about who's really on first, what's on second and I don't knows on third. That's what I said who's on first ? ... Yes... Huh, and so on. .... . ; )
    Welcome to the WC forum.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Welcome to the WC forum.
    What do you mean by that ? Whatever dude !

Alan has never shy'ed away from the fact that His WC is HIS and is based on Robert Chu's system ( which is a hybrid system also IIRC).
    It looks like it has to based on what it is trying to accomplish:
    Combat ( sport and street) effectiveness in THIS day and age VS OTHER MA.
    I don't think it is the most efficient way to go about getting WC to be more effective, but I would agree with this statement.

Blog Entries
    If Alan wants WC to be his, what change did he make, and why?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-30-2013 at 12:10 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    If Alan wants WC to be his, what change did he make, and why?
    I have always said that WC is a highly personal art, although some would disagree.
    I feel WC will be adapted to ones own physical, mental and even spiritual uniqueness.

If I am wrong then I am waiting for the superior cookie cutter system which produces advocates who all do things the same way.

Shoot, even from WSL there are differences.....................though rumor has it that only one of his students got it right. Don't believe me? Just ask some of the members of a certain cult who post here..........over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

WC is "highly" personal, because it about development, not about expression or application.

I have Alan's video's, he's good and brings forth some great ideas, but the expression of it is personal and looks like any other striking art.

The person learning develops the skill set he is providing, then uses it anyways they choose, so development and application is separate. I'm never interested in seeing the shapes of tan, fok, bong, pak in the application as that would mean the user is "trying" to display the development or style, not use it.

Someone attacks me, I attack them, using whatever is available to me to use, I don't care what it looks like or how it comes out, it is just the development of my tools was done so thru VT training..

James

I would have had respect for his experience and would have been open to hearing his opinions, especially on grappling.
    I doubt whether either he or Alan Orr care whether you respect them or not.

I do know who Dale Franks is though and I know he is too old and small to beat me in a fight given that my striking is much better than his plus I have good judo and bjj experience which negates the strong part of his game. This is just physical reality.
    WTF. Have you got a match set up with Dale? Does he know of your existence?

Unless you're going to have a deathmatch with Dale anytime soon, please stop with this line of bullsh*t. You could probably beat Muhammad Ali in his current condition, and certainly beat Bruce Lee in his, but SFW?
    Last edited by anerlich; 09-30-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post

Shoot, even from WSL there are differences.....................though rumor has it that only one of his students got it right. Don't believe me? Just ask some of the members of a certain cult who post here..........over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
    Well you know what they say when people have to be told the same thing over and over and over and over and over?..................................they are thick!
    "Ving Tsun is a horse not everybody can ride"

Wong Shun Leung.