Thread: Fencing coach stops robbery....

Blog Entries

Fencing coach stops robbery....

Here you go Big Bro Gene!!!

Fencing coach stops robbery in shopping center

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/...2720.html?vp=1

Nice,

Reminds me of the time that a guy tried to rob (Steal a Charity Jar full of money) from Vitos Pizza next to Lam Kwoon and as he ran away from the restaurant....

Whom does he run into? A Kung Fu school all practicing weapons outside and they they turn their weapons on him. Haha the guy gave up.

Man pricless, he must have been thinking; "of all the directions I could have picked?"
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

I know, right?

My fencing friends alerted me to this news story but you still beat me to the post. It's your east coast advantage!

That change jar theft remains one of my favorite memories of Lam Kwoon. That perp ran right down the alley into the middle of all the Bak Sil Lum senior students practicing staff sparring. That Vito's guy yells at us to stop him. Of course, we knew him as we all ate there a lot - shoot, I forget his name - but a good pizza joint next to the kwoon? We had it good. I'll never forget Deputy Daryl, taking his cop stance, staff at the ready, right in front of the perp, and then the rest of us all closing in around him with our 'now what you gonna do?' expressions. Good times, bro.

Follow the link for the video.
    Fencing coach stops robbery in shopping center
    17 hrs ago 2:43
    Odd News Videos
    Franco Scaramuzza pulled into a Bellevue shopping center in Nashville, Tennessee recently and witnessed a crime in the act. As reported by WSMV Chanel 4 News, he saw two male suspects in the parking lot pepper spraying a couple and stealing a purse. Franco said, "The first thing that went through my head is somebody should do something, and that's when I got really upset and disappointed with myself, because I realized I had the opportunity to do something. And I didn't want to be a hypocrite who just tweeted about it." As fate would have it, Franco had just come from fencing practice, was wearing breeches and was equipped with his fencing sword, or épée. Using the skills he acquired from years of fencing, he leapt out of his car and, "I charged towards them, you know holding my épée up high, you know, yelling at them…I kept yelling throughout the entire thing. They completely panicked, dropped everything they stole and really took off," Franco said. In minutes, the police arrived. They caught the suspects, Michael Butt and Zachary Johnson, and charged the duo with robbery. The hero told WSMV, “Fencing, you can do it without the weapon. It happens in your mind, and that's how you try to make the right choices…You have to make decisions in a very quick amount of time." The suspects are in jail on $50,000 bond each. Zachary Johnson’s girlfriend told WSMV that her boyfriend was in the wrong place at the wrong time and is innocent of the crime.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart