Master Lin Yuan Dun in Action ...... Public Viewing on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZhxrJxQNN4

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Cute James!

Care to explain your issue with the footage???
    Last edited by Minghequan; 10-03-2013 at 01:46 AM.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

No issue with the footage, my issue is with you my yellow chubby friend.

What's the matter, can't you photo shop videos yet...

Hualong

My question is: Howlong will it take for you to be banned from the forum?

wowzers!

I really enjoyed watching that, thanks for sharing. I have only seen Fujian White Crane demo's performed by YMAA people before.
    I can see the internal, the build up of strength, dexterity, fajin, etc.
    Thanks for sharing the master's demo.

Freeman is demonstrating his politics.

Moving on, thanks for you views on the footage MarathonTmatt.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Blog Entries
    I just ask question and not trying to draw any conclusion here.

What's the value to demonstrate TCMA "solo"?

Combat is how you will deal with your opponent. It can't be done "solo". When you are doing "solo", the timing, opportunity, and angle will have no meaning at all.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-03-2013 at 08:09 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Solo form sets show use of body weapons and exercises for execution of them. Personally I don't really need to see an opponent to understand the application in most cases. Use of ChinNa or grappling techniques requires an opponent to understand the visual application. If I see stuff in a form set that I can not see a practical use for, I don't take it seriously as I would never train to just perform a bunch of pretzel stuff.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    You know the answer, don't pretend like you don't
    Of course I know my answer. But my answer may not be the same as your answer. It's your answer that's important to you, not my answer.

Since it's not proper to shove my opinion into other's throat, I just ask question and people can draw their own conclusion.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-03-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    No need to get defensive,
    I was talking about general YOU and not you. I was not serious about this at all. There is nothing for me to be defensive about it.

When I see the title, "Master ... in Action", I expect more than just "solo".

Combat involves timing, opportunity, angle, force, and balance. The "solo" clip can only show power and balance. If you try to communicate your idea with others by putting a personal clip into the public domain, is "solo" clip the best tool that you can come up with?

Sometime we may get used to something without question it. The moment that we start to question something, the moment that we start to look at it from a different angle.

Again, this is just another general discussion. It may not have anything to do with this clip or person in that clip. The movie "Matrix" is very deep. The director didn't say that ZION was real human world, or it was just another parallel Matrix. The movie director lets audience to draw their own conclusion.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-03-2013 at 10:19 PM.

YouKnowWho wrote:

I just ask question and not trying to draw any conclusion here.

What's the value to demonstrate TCMA "solo"?

Combat is how you will deal with your opponent. It can't be done "solo". When you are doing "solo", the timing, opportunity, and angle will have no meaning at all.
    If your not trying to draw any conclusion then why ask at all. I don't get it.

The value is up to the stylist. A great deal takes place within ones form relative to their understanding of same, the style from which it arises, the concepts, principles and inherent applications. Far too many to list here to do it justice.

So training the form has no benefit for you? Wow! May I ask what style(s) you do?

So the opportunity(?) & angle have no "combat" value? I agree, but then I'm not looking to the form as "combat" but life-protection.

I see many small things happening that give indications of what can be utilsed to protect oneself. Maybe you and I see different things ... that said, your view does not restrict or lessen in value my own.

YouKnowWho wrote:

When I see the title, "Master ... in Action", I expect more than just "solo".
    Again this is dependant upon your level of understanding.

YouKnowWho wrote:

Combat involves timing, opportunity, angle, force, and balance. The "solo" clip can only show power and balance. If you try to communicate your idea with others by putting a personal clip into the public domain, is "solo" clip the best tool that you can come up with?

Sometime we may get used to something without question it. The moment that we start to question something, the moment that we start to look at it from a different angle.
    "The solo form only show power and balance" Yet again this is dependant upon your level of understanding.

What "idea" am I trying to communicate??? I am simply sharing a form as perfomed by this instructor. Take from it what you will. I'm not trying to "communicate" anything to you!!! Is this the best tool I can come up with? ..... Really? No. The best tool is what I teach an explore within my own art ..... not yours.

Sometime we may get used to something without question it. The moment that we start to question something, the moment that we start to look at it from a different angle.[/
    Good then maybe you will look at this from a different not one-sided view or angle ... who knows you might even learn something?

Again, this is just another general discussion. It may not have anything to do with this clip or person in that clip. The movie "Matrix" is very deep. The director didn't say that ZION was real human world, or it was just another parallel Matrix. The movie director lets audience to draw their own conclusion.
    Referencing the "Matrix" in relation to a classical martial arts form ...... Really?

If it has nothing to do with the clip or the person in it then why comment at all? Why say it's not combat (your point of view or dare I say "angle?"

The movie "Matrix" is ....... well a movie ..... designed for entertainment and entertaining it was! But to relate it directly to some martial philosophy or combative usage is to me at least, stretching it just that little too far!

If you have as it would already seem, drawn your own conclusion on this then why comment at all?

Are you not self-limiting your view, your "angle?"

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    I am simply sharing a form as perfomed by this instructor. Take from it what you will. I'm not trying to "communicate" anything to you!!!
    I am simply sharing my opinion on "solo" clip.

- What's your purpose to start this thread in the first place?
    - Are you willing to hear different opinions in your thread?

I know what I would do if I started a thread. I would put myself in "listen" mode and allow "free" discussion. But my opinion may not apply to others.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-04-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    Referencing the "Matrix" in relation to a classical martial arts form ...... Really?

All the classical martial arts were represented in the Matrix.

Recognize.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post

All the classical martial arts were represented in the Matrix.

Recognize.
    In that movie, the director didn't say that:

- Neo was just an antivirus software.
    - Smith was just a virus that evolved from the firewall software.
    - Why Oracle (as powerful as the architect) wanted to help the human race to fight against the machine.
    - whether ZION was a real human world, or just another parallel Matrix.

A good movie will always allow the audience to draw their own conclusions.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-04-2013 at 02:47 PM.