Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this true?

Is what true?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Is what true?
    What Izzo says in the youtube.

Kungfu fighter,

Are you asking me your questions yesterday because you watch this youtube?

If both big guy and small guy using the same engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2vh...=youtube_gdata

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Kungfu fighter,

Are you asking me your questions yesterday because you watch this youtube?
    No, The reason I asked you those questions is because i normally use the double Helix round about type of WCK Jin during chi sao and it works amazingly, but then i got curious as to how the Direct coil spring type of WCK Jin works to receive the opponent's incoming force or momentum without get blown backwards when in a YJKM or Emei equal shoulder width stance.

From my notes, i figure the Direct coil spring method of receiving force is just allowing the opponent's incoming force to compress one's 7 joints from the contact point by just keeping one's joints relaxed and loose.

If you have any youtube video which demo this, is would be great to see
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 10-02-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Ok.

Direct and double helix only different in force flow type. They both are a standing stake so your blown backwards phenomenon example of a rack doesnt apply.

Watch my axis youtube here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJMj...=youtube_gdata -

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    No, The reason I asked you those questions is because i normally use the double Helix round about type of WCK Jin during chi sao and it works amazingly, but then i got curious as to how the Direct coil spring type of WCK Jin works to receive the opponent's incoming force or momentum without get blown backwards when in a YJKM or Emei equal shoulder width stance.

From my notes, i figure the Direct coil spring method of receiving force is just allowing the opponent's incoming force to compress one's 7 joints from the contact point by just keeping one's joints relaxed and loose.

If you have any youtube video which demo this, is would be great to see
    Last edited by Hendrik; 10-02-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Blog Entries
    Ok.

Direct and double helix only different in force flow type. They both are a standing stake so your blown backwards phenomenon example of a rack doesnt apply.

Watch my axis youtube here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJMj...=youtube_gdata -
    Ok, thanks Hendrik.

so to sum it up both types of wck jin utilizes force line type , double helix receives the opponent's incoming force along a downward spiral via your loose relaxed 7 joints, where as Direct receives the opponent's incoming force directly down as in compressing a coil spring downward via your loose relaxed 7 joints?
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 10-02-2013 at 12:07 PM.

See if this one work

Yes. As in the picture.

But this only apply to force line type.

Not structure holding type or body type. As show in picture. Those are clamping type which is holding the body as a rack structure to against force. A different animal.

Force line stake type root into the group with force flow while structure holding never can do that no matter how they clamp their joints. And always end up figjting force with force as Izzo. Izzo tilting body is the evidence of rack type holding a structure to fighing force. Instead of play with force flow. A different game.

Ok, thanks Hendrik.

so to sum it up both types of wck jin utilizes force line type , double helix receives the opponent's incoming force along a downward spiral via your loose relaxed 7 joints, where as Direct receives the opponent's incoming force directly down as in compressing a coil spring downward via your loose relaxed 7 joints?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 10-02-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Wck chi sau is the indication of wck is a force line art, play with force flow. Root with force flow.

It is not bak mei, southern mantis, or other shao lin art which hold structure and with big muscle. Thus, wck is called a female art.

Blog Entries
    Yes. As in the picture.

But this only apply to force line type.

Not structure holding type or body type. As show in picture. Those are clamping type which is holding the body as a rack structure to against force. A different animal.

Force line stake type root into the group with force flow while structure holding never can do that no matter how they clamp their joints. And always end up figjting force with force as Izzo. Izzo tilting body is the evidence of rack type holding a structure to fighing force. Instead of play with force flow. A different game.
    Yes that makes sense! Force line type has an action reaction component which the sustain or Rack type does not, so every action is alot more springy vs steel rod like body type (sustain)
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 10-02-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    It is not bak mei, southern mantis, or other shao lin art which hold structure and with big muscle. Thus, wck is called a female art.
    If you punch from the center of your chest, your body is not rotated. This make a big difference in "power generation".

If we look at the following clip. It's easy to see that his punch came from "beside his ear". We can also clearly see his "body rotation". His punch started from his right shoulder behind his body and end with his right shoulder in front of his body. That's a movement from one extreme to another extreme, the general Shaolin power generation method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87tZB1HmFpE

My question is, can you truly be able to generate the same "knock down" power by using "momentum" only without that "body rotation"?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-02-2013 at 12:41 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Rack type is like you have a rack with fix joints , just like a water tower with every joints mouting solid. The structure or joints has to take the shake if shock.

Stake is like a tower with shock absorbs. Any shake going to be transfer down to ground , the tower ideally dont take any force.

Yes that makes sense! Force line type has an action reaction component which the Body or Rack type does not, so every action is alot more springy vs steel rod like body type (sustain)

John,

You need to ask yourself a question.

Do you move your body to collide the target or you inject force flow into the target.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    If you punch from the center of your chest, your body is not rotated. This make a big difference in "power generation".

If we look at the following clip. It's easy to see that his punch came from "beside his ear". We can also clearly see his "body rotation".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87tZB1HmFpE

My question is can you truly be able to generate the same "knock down" power by using "momentum" only without that "body rotation"?