Thread: White Crane Kung Fu in Oz

White Crane Kung Fu in Oz

http://www.pakhokpai.com/

Just came across these guys - looks good - anyone train here on the board?

Been established for a while as well...

I trained with one of their guys many years ago. His name was Garry Spencer and he had done a fair bit of training with this group.

The techniques were predominately long-limb and long stances being a Tibetan Crane Style.

Whilst I found it interesting the concept of mid to close range suits me personally.

That said they have a strong following in Cambelltown according to my friend Wayne Hanley of Jujutsu.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

That is the original white crane school in Australia. My father studied with Chan-sifu in the early 70s, and said it was a good long fist style.

Ma-sifu has been a respected businessman in Chinatown in Sydney for many years, and used to be a key committee member for organizing Chinese New Year etc. He has been on friendly terms with Choy Lee Fut, Yau Gung Mun and other schools in the area for a long time.

I had an unusual encounter with one of the senior guys from that lineage last year. We didn't speak of kung fu (our meeting was more to do with his chosen field of expertise) but you could see that years of training had paid off for him.

Yes, they do have a strong following out in Campbelltown. Any prospective students or interested parties in the area would no doubt do well to seek them out.

I like the link..
    But there is some error in link, When I opened it in new window.. It stand my system hand out....

Yes, one of the older lineages in Sydney, from Chan Hak Fu.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia