Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This forms / style

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Miqi View Post
    Professional Chinese conetmporary wushu players are much better than those old traditional guys .
    The modern Wushu does everything wrong.

If you look at the modern Wushu jumping front kick. You can see that the kicking leg (not the jumping leg) is straight (0.30, 1.01, 1.27, 1.30, ...). The knee is not bending. The final kick is done by locking the knee and swing the leg upward. The kicking path is a "curve".

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...77250FF04800BC

If you look at this TCMA jump kick. The kicking starts from bending knee up as high as you can. the knee than extend and send the leg out. The final kicking path is a "straight line".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK7-...ature=youtu.be

Without "combat" in mind, the modern Wushu has changed many important guidelines which is bad for the future of the TCMA development.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-09-2013 at 02:00 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

"wushu" is so normal people can be fooled and never learn any real fighting skill, that way they can never cause trouble for the central government
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    was his father the guy that had a falling out with jie wanshan?
    You are right! His father's teacher was 吉萬三 jie wanshan.

http://longfist.wordpress.com/2011/1...0%81%E5%B8%AB/

His father got into a group fight in China and won the fight. His opponents started to throw rocks at him and sent him to hospital. When he was in hospital, he told his friends that his TCMA teacher did not teach him "how to dodge rocks throwing".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-09-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    "wushu" is so normal people can be fooled and never learn any real fighting skill, that way they can never cause trouble for the central government
    By

- removing the "toe push kick" from Wushu, the front kick can't stop any incoming opponent.
    - using the light weight Dao and Jian, the Wushu weapon can't be used for killing.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-09-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    You are right! His father's teacher was 吉萬三 jie wanshan.

http://longfist.wordpress.com/2011/1...0%81%E5%B8%AB/

His father got into a group fight in China and won the fight. The other groups started to throw rocks at him and sent him to hospital. When he was in hospital, he told his friends that his TCMA teacher did not teach him "how to dodge rocks throwing".
    his father is the harbin traffic director who held a fundraiser for Japanese occupation force and got kicked out by jie wanshan?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    his father is the harbin traffic director who held a fundraiser for Japanese occupation force and got kicked out by jie wanshan?
    Don't think that was true.

Don't think that was true.
    his son jie donglin said in a interview, but didn't reveal first name, only fu.

By

- removing the "toe push kick" from Wushu, the front kick can't stop any incoming opponent.
    - using the light weight Dao and Jian, the Wushu weapon can't be used for killing.
    Modern Wushu changed bent leg kick to a dancer's leg swing, changed kicking with the ball of the foot to pointed toe, changed heel side kick to bladed foot, made the stances unrealistically low, swapped real swords for tinfoil, and traded the laborer's clothes for sparkly pajamas.

It took the teeth out of TCMA.
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Miqi View Post
    Professional Chinese conetmporary wushu players are much better than those old traditional guys - at least at forms. Modern forms are infinitely superior, the athletes massively fitter, stronger, more flexible, more agile and more technically skilled. When I see old videos like this, I just see something that is waiting to evolve into proper wushu forms by becoming faster, stronger, more technically challenging and more well trained, thanks to the government investing massively in the development of this skill base. Yet, we have to listen all the time to the nonsense that the Chinese government killed wushu, and that the real wushu is infinitely inferior athletes. That makes me laugh all day.
    I don't understand. If you want to dance, take dance. If you want to do gymnastics, do gymnastics, if you want to fight, fight. What does contemporary Wushu offer?
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.

Greetings,

Kellen Bassette, their basic training is it, really. It does offer better training longevity.

I had the chance to watch a dvd that featured traditional and professional students of Sha style bagua. I had to open the windows because the traditionally trained students almost sucked all the air out of my apartment. The older, pro trained, athletes faired much better.

mickey

Blog Entries
    Here is another example of the TCMA training. In the beginner training stage, your teacher would ask you to hold your kicking leg out. He then put bricks on top of your instep. You have to hold your leg out with weight while standing one single leg for a certain period of time.

I don't believe modern Wushu still has this training.

Here is another example of the TCMA training. In the beginner training stage, your teacher would ask you to hold your kicking leg out. He then put bricks on top of your instep. You have to hold your leg out with weight while standing one single leg for a certain period of time.

I don't believe modern Wushu still has this training.
    we used to have a sand filled pad that tied to the shin/calf so you had weight when you did stretch and crescent kicking, this was a good and simple device
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

We just used the lead or shot filled leg weights you can fasten around the ankle to do this type of training.
    -Golden Arms-

LKFMDC/Golden Arms

Did you guys train this for practical kicks as well, or just stretch kicks? I worry about hyper extension, has that been a problem while training this way?

Did you guys train this for practical kicks as well, or just stretch kicks? I worry about hyper extension, has that been a problem while training this way?
    its supposed to be used for running.