Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: PSA of sorts - apparently bad supplement

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Posts
    9,296

    PSA of sorts - apparently bad supplement

    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

    "If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

    "Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

    It's simpler than you think.

    I could be completely wrong"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    1,392
    This is why supplements should be evaluated by the FDA.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corner of somewhere and where am I
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    This is why supplements should be evaluated by the FDA.
    Be careful what you wish for. The only reason half the stuff in TCM is legal over the counter is because its considered a supplement and flies under the radar.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    1,392
    I still feel the same. I have anxiety attacks now because of Jack3d. Did nothin but take the correct dosage. This **** needs to be regulated.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Posts
    9,296
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. The only reason half the stuff in TCM is legal over the counter is because its considered a supplement and flies under the radar.
    sorry, I agree with James. While I generally like what you say, this seems to say that TCM is above and beyond any other 'medicine'. I'll totally agree that it has value and that 'western' medicine could learn a few lessons from it...but to say that it doesn't require the same level of scrutiny as any other medicine is ridiculous.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

    "If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

    "Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

    It's simpler than you think.

    I could be completely wrong"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corner of somewhere and where am I
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    sorry, I agree with James. While I generally like what you say, this seems to say that TCM is above and beyond any other 'medicine'. I'll totally agree that it has value and that 'western' medicine could learn a few lessons from it...but to say that it doesn't require the same level of scrutiny as any other medicine is ridiculous.
    No where did imply as such. In fact, my statement should be taken as a minor condemnation of alternative concoctions. The only reason half this stuff is available is because its not being picked apart by oversight (which would find a great deal either dangerous, fraudulent, or just plain inert BS). A convenient circumstance for the alt med industry to simultaneously criticize mainstream med for its "toxic" pharmaceuticals meant to turn a profit, while themselves raking in money on unchecked, easily proliferated pseudo-drugs...err supplements.

    I think its no secret here my opinion of the lack of ethics in the alt med industry. I'm surprised you didn't catch that in my post.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Posts
    9,296
    yep, missed that perspective in your post.

    you seemed to be implying that if we 'got what we wished for' then we would not have access to the tcma/alt meds and that it would be a bad thing.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

    "If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

    "Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

    It's simpler than you think.

    I could be completely wrong"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    I still feel the same. I have anxiety attacks now because of Jack3d. Did nothin but take the correct dosage. This **** needs to be regulated.
    is that the one with insane doses of caffeine?

    25th generation inner door disciple of Chen Style Practical Wombat Method
    Officially certified by Ethiopian Orthodox patriarch Abune Mathias
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat™®LLC Practical Wombat Method. international academy retreat

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    1,392
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    is that the one with insane doses of caffeine?
    Depends on what you mean by insane. It has 125g per scoop. There are plenty of other preworkouts with more per serving.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    766
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Depends on what you mean by insane. It has 125g per scoop. There are plenty of other preworkouts with more per serving.
    I'm hoping 125g is a typo.

    125g = 125,000mg

    1 cup of coffee contains 95mg - 200mg of caffeine

    I'd call that bat guano crazy insane!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    1,392
    Lol yeah it was a typo
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    Depends on what you mean by insane. It has 125g per scoop. There are plenty of other preworkouts with more per serving.
    u cafeeine sensititve?
    Last edited by bawang; 10-11-2013 at 07:01 AM.

    25th generation inner door disciple of Chen Style Practical Wombat Method
    Officially certified by Ethiopian Orthodox patriarch Abune Mathias
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat™®LLC Practical Wombat Method. international academy retreat

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    1,392
    No. It's not the caffeine.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corner of somewhere and where am I
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    yep, missed that perspective in your post.

    you seemed to be implying that if we 'got what we wished for' then we would not have access to the tcma/alt meds and that it would be a bad thing.
    I probably should use green text for sarcasm

  15. #15
    I think much of the supplements are bad for you if you take too much or continues too long as a habit. They all usually makes your liver work harder as well as other organs. Protein shakes, whatever. Moderation is the key. I know I've been taking Nitric Oxide supplements as a habit now and need to tone it down.

    TCM's may be bad news also, if not..in 5 years or so. Because since China is manufacturing just about everything known to man right now.....all of that industrial waste is all over their waterways, ground, etc. All of that 3-eyed fish pollutants are contaminating their soil and making it into the roots and tree barks that makes TCM's.

    I'm scared of ingesting anything made in China as well as Vietnam, Thailand, etc. $5/pound Viet shrimps, no thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •