Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSA of sorts - apparently bad supplement

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    I still feel the same. I have anxiety attacks now because of Jack3d. Did nothin but take the correct dosage. This **** needs to be regulated.
    Interesting. I used to drink about 5-7 cups of coffee throughout the whole work day. I would be very jumpy and get the caffeine crash a few times a day.

These Nitric Oxide supplements don't cause such jumpiness nor crashes for me...maybe a few times of nervousness, but I've been taking 1/2 to 1 scoop before every workout for the past 5 years since discovering them. 4-5 days per week is my normal workout routine. They sure do work. I've formed a habit.

The worse thing that happened was when I took 2 scoops for a BJJ tournament. This stuff makes you recover really fast after going into beast mode.....so you're ready to go again much quicker after a breather. In the finals for the gold, I think I had a very mild stroke. It was very scary. I never took 2 scoops, ever again...and this is after finishing like 15 of these NO containers so far over the years.

I've even substituted taking 2-3 sips of this stuff pre-mixed in the morning for coffee. I wanted to get off of coffee due to jumpiness and it stains my teeth. Keeps me wide awake and much more alert than coffee. I've finished 2 containers of Jack3d and just bought 2 new ones of a different brand from Costco. It's even advertised to students to take for increased alertness while in class and studying.

I went back to coffee though, due to missing the taste of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gunbeatskroty View Post
    Interesting. I used to drink about 5-7 cups of coffee throughout the whole work day. I would be very jumpy and get the caffeine crash a few times a day.

These Nitric Oxide supplements don't cause such jumpiness nor crashes for me...maybe a few times of nervousness, but I've been taking 1/2 to 1 scoop before every workout for the past 5 years since discovering them. 4-5 days per week is my normal workout routine. They sure do work. I've formed a habit.

The worse thing that happened was when I took 2 scoops for a BJJ tournament. This stuff makes you recover really fast after going into beast mode.....so you're ready to go again much quicker after a breather. In the finals for the gold, I think I had a very mild stroke. It was very scary. I never took 2 scoops, ever again...and this is after finishing like 15 of these NO containers so far over the years.

I've even substituted taking 2-3 sips of this stuff pre-mixed in the morning for coffee. I wanted to get off of coffee due to jumpiness and it stains my teeth. Keeps me wide awake and much more alert than coffee. I've finished 2 containers of Jack3d and just bought 2 new ones of a different brand from Costco. It's even advertised to students to take for increased alertness while in class and studying.

I went back to coffee though, due to missing the taste of it.

Aaah! Now everything becomes clear.