Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jin Young and Wing Chun Blast

Hybrid View

Jin Young and Wing Chun Blast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL9ZUe88Tik

A preview of the Boston guy's latest meeting.
    No mocking, tongue-in-cheek signature here... move on.

Where's the blast? I just see arm wrestling and actually wrestling, with a couple 'gotcha' shots in there...

trying to add an artificial platform like chi sao to a functional platform like clinch work........i guess its true some people can try to make square pegs fit into round holes (or to quote paul sharp some people can actually fck up a wet dream)

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    trying to add an artificial platform like chi sao to a functional platform like clinch work........i guess its true some people can try to make square pegs fit into round holes (or to quote paul sharp some people can actually fck up a wet dream)
    I've not looked at the video you are referring to but I have some thoughts on what you have said. I am actually writing quite a lengthy piece about this based upon my continuing experiences at a mma gym.

Rather than clutter the thread might you be open, Frost, to an email dialog on this theme? If so PM me to exchange email addresses!

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    I've not looked at the video you are referring to but I have some thoughts on what you have said. I am actually writing quite a lengthy piece about this based upon my continuing experiences at a mma gym.

Rather than clutter the thread might you be open, Frost, to an email dialog on this theme? If so PM me to exchange email addresses!
    sure pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Sounds like a worthy topic. Why not just start another thread here?

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Where's the blast? I just see arm wrestling and actually wrestling, with a couple 'gotcha' shots in there...
    "Wing Chun Blast" is the name of the video blog that the guy interviewing/working with Young posts on youtube.

yeah. I don't have any clue WTF those guys are doing in that clip. except the one guy is wearing a bjj shirt from Franjinha's, but he didn't seem to pick up any skills there when visiting....

wingchun blast

with all due respect. please don;t call that chi-sao. is not.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL9ZUe88Tik

A preview of the Boston guy's latest meeting.
    Never ceases to amaze me all the guys this guy has interviewed talk a load a Big talk ..But when it comes down to it all l see is garbage They don't even work with the correct Chi sau platforms
    And they're the ones that get the most exposure how Sad

Blog Entries
    Ok after I saw that...I looked up Dannys page and saw all his other vids.

Doesn't matter who he faces....(masters) he always just reaches out and slaps the masters in the face.

It's a little silly, when all they ever talk about is controlling and protecting their center and all Danny ever has to do is reach out and wala.

Izzo... my goodness from all his vids you'd expect more than just walk straight into it. Hasn't he learned, you don't trade with a bigger guy who has longer arms...that's the very nature of TRADE (meaning you get some as well as he)

Jin...Same deal, I mean come on man. He should Never duck his head with a half commitment and zero hand control.

Sifu Phu... The corny "no look" away and all his talk about spiraling...gone out the window under the pressure cooker.

After watching those 3, Danny could gain just as much fight experience slap boxing with a bunch of good athletes at the basketball court.

All these guys seem nice as heck and I want to support them...but I just can't hold that in right now. I need a beer.

"O"
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

Often Danny gets to plant his hand on their faces because from Fook he doesn't strike with his elbow low - he raises it and his strike/slap/push rides over the other guys' Bong.

Partly his height helps him with this angle... but still, it is interesting how the other guys struggle with this. IMO their Bong Sau is often too high to begin with, as I don't see Bong as a block in this sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Subitai View Post
    Ok after I saw that...I looked up Dannys page and saw all his other vids.

Doesn't matter who he faces....(masters) he always just reaches out and slaps the masters in the face.
    The particularly embarrassing thing about this is if you see his introductory video, he explains that he hardly has any formal training in wing chun or otherwise, just a few years with a random meet-up club and sparring various styles pretty much on his own. Yet he slaps around these "masters" with 14+ years of experience very easily. And amusingly all these "masters" are equally confident in themselves.

He says sifu Phu has a "lifetime experience" and is "one of the most skilled and knowledgeable sifus in America today". Yet, while the guy talks a very good physics game, he gets handled like a little girl when it comes down to it. The look on his face showed he wasn't enjoying himself and wished the camera wasn't rolling. Probably the first time reality literally slapped him in the face, and that was just friendly chi-sau with an inexperienced fellow, not even fighting.

The sh!t people convince themselves of...

Danny should be smart and realize he shouldn't be wasting his time with these folks. He could have potential with a good trainer.

The sh!t people convince themselves of... :roll eyes: Danny should be smart and realize he shouldn't be wasting his time with these folks.
    Well, I have a sneaking suspicion that Danny knows full well what he's doing - that under the friendliness (which looks genuine), he is more than happy to expose some of these guys as not being able to live up to their talk.

I mean, it is odd that he talks about how highly skilled and good they are, and then proceeds to stick his fingerprints all over their faces... and then afterwards he keeps talking about how good them are.

Hmm, maybe. It's hard to believe he'd walk away impressed and with the same level of admiration for them.

Well, his first video on his channel 6 months ago was an attempt to bring light to footage of what is in his opinion good, effective wing chun which everyone talks about but never seems to get on film.

He seems to genuinely believe it and want to showcase it. So, you'd expect that to be his goal in traveling around and exchanging with wing chun "masters" (youtube celeb sifus) in the States, but it is actually further illustrating that most wing chun stops at the mouth.

He should pop into Gleason's Gym and have a round with Kevin.