Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boxing has helped me a lot and made my kung fu better

Quote Originally Posted by Spiked View Post

Do not try to derail my thread.

boo hoo, you don't like me on your thread, tuff.... if you don't like it you can leave

I'll bet that by now almost the entire forum has figured out you are just a sad troll and won't care that I am "derailing" your fake thread......
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    boo hoo, you don't like me on your thread, tuff.... if you don't like it you can leave

I'll bet that by now almost the entire forum has figured out you are just a sad troll and won't care that I am "derailing" your fake thread......
    Gnight, little declawed kitty cat. Maybe I will give you a treat in the morning if you do not eat up all cupcakes tonight to calm yourself down. Get some tissues.

he must be frothing at the mouth, his post are making less and less sense

do I bother you? yes, obviously, hah hah.... I'm not going anywhere so you'll have to leave before you have a nervous breakdown

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

do u think hes one of the cardiokickboxers u milked? he sounds like he got humiliated in ur class.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    Honestly, that ain't nothing to admit to or be proud of.
    I think he must have known ross irl. dude been obsessing about ross for over 3 years. maybe a shy kid with assburger that trialed his class. and he only comes here when ross starts posting.
    Last edited by bawang; 10-23-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Spiked View Post
    Kung fu is largely known for its pugilistic practices. But for me western boxing has helped me a ton. My footwork and cardio are the first things that come to my mind. Anyone else box here?
    I do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye4Pqb-rtew

I'd been doing the Bas Rutten Muay Thai workout (which is also on my YouTube page) but I got 8 stitches in the ball of my foot last week and am back to doing this one until I get them out.

For me, the Kyokushin I did really helped with aggression, attacking and punching power. Though I train solo for now, due to funds, I do have that in my background, so it helps with reality. Kyokushin, at least my experience of it, did not have the technical crispness and focus of boxing, but it does help with understanding being hit, dealing with some pain and damage, soldiering on and hopefully giving more than you take. I'd like to get into a boxing gym when I am able to gain from the experience.

Here is a long video, obviously uploaded to disparage Wing Chun - since every fight has them getting eaten alive. To me, it might represent the type of sissified kung fu people here are discussing, not necessarily just WC. If you watch enough of it you see the kung fu fighters standing around in a traditional guard without a clue as to how to direct the pace of the fight, make the other fighter cautious or much less how to win and give damage. Once the other fighter figures it out, they simply walk in and finish it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czDuH0R73kg

You can see at around 14:50 the Karate fighter has no fear of the WC fighter because with punches and kicks have no power. Finally, he simply wades through another probing punch and delivers a KO. As John said, he is there to eat his opponent alive.

So, yeah, aggression and power are two things missing in a lot of fantasy fighters. I am also working on that myself.

Quote Originally Posted by madhusudan View Post
    For me, the Kyokushin I did really helped with aggression, attacking and punching power. Though I train solo for now, due to funds, I do have that in my background, so it helps with reality. Kyokushin, at least my experience of it, did not have the technical crispness and focus of boxing, but it does help with understanding being hit, dealing with some pain and damage, soldiering on and hopefully giving more than you take. I'd like to get into a boxing gym when I am able to gain from the experience.

Here is a long video, obviously uploaded to disparage Wing Chun - since every fight has them getting eaten alive. To me, it might represent the type of sissified kung fu people here are discussing, not necessarily just WC. If you watch enough of it you see the kung fu fighters standing around in a traditional guard without a clue as to how to direct the pace of the fight, make the other fighter cautious or much less how to win and give damage. Once the other fighter figures it out, they simply walk in and finish it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czDuH0R73kg

You can see at around 14:50 the Karate fighter has no fear of the WC fighter because with punches and kicks have no power. Finally, he simply wades through another probing punch and delivers a KO. As John said, he is there to eat his opponent alive.

So, yeah, aggression and power are two things missing in a lot of fantasy fighters. I am also working on that myself.
    It is that darn self defense training instilled in their minds, my friend. "As soon as the punch comes in slap it and throw your wing chun jab thing that works great in class". The problem is punches come in bunches and they discover the knockout blow doesn't happen after one wing chun jab.

I have no complaints about kyutoshin. That stuff is awesome but not for the general public. Boxing and mma can be at that level of fighting or it can be family friendly to get a workout.

I heard boxing described once as the simple but complex fighting system. It is simple in that it works strictly punching, with the jab, cross, hook, and uppercut as the primary weapons being trained. However, footwork, feinting, head movement, entering strategy, all these things take time to master and become proficient in.

The main advantage in boxing is that it does not beat around the bush about how to gain this skill set, basics, mitt work, circuit, sparring. No nonsense.

I boxed for two years as an amateur after being involved in Kung Fu and Karate for several years. When I returned to Kung Fu I looked at things much differently and it improved my Kung Fu greatly.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    I heard boxing described once as the simple but complex fighting system. It is simple in that it works strictly punching, with the jab, cross, hook, and uppercut as the primary weapons being trained. However, footwork, feinting, head movement, entering strategy, all these things take time to master and become proficient in.

The main advantage in boxing is that it does not beat around the bush about how to gain this skill set, basics, mitt work, circuit, sparring. No nonsense.

I boxed for two years as an amateur after being involved in Kung Fu and Karate for several years. When I returned to Kung Fu I looked at things much differently and it improved my Kung Fu greatly.
    Did your kung fu brothers get mad at you for beating them with "stuff that is not kung fu"? LOL

A lot of hot women have been coming in using groupon recently. They never come back though atleast the ones that I check out on the down low. The real deal too much for hot women?

Oh come on, by now you have to be used to hot women running away from you in terror

Oh come on, by now you have to be used to hot women running away from you in terror
    If they cannot handle round two that is on them. I aim to please...but just once.

"round two" is what you call that little 2 incher of yours

"round two" is what you call that little 2 incher of yours
    Please stop trolling my thread and I. We concluded our business on the other thread...with me clearly winning.

Let it go. LOL