Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: russell brands revolution

Quote Originally Posted by sihing View Post
    I've wondered lately, why do rich and famous ppl use drugs and alcohol? They have everything the society teaches us we need to have, so why have the need for something outside of themselves to enhance their mood?

Thats a very interesting observation.....

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    Thats a very interesting observation.....
    that's not a very interesting observation. its a retarded observation.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    More choice creates more stress after a certain point. Principle of diminishing returns applies here. We're just raising a high percentage of entitled pussies these days.
    This is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    For some reason people always go straight to destruction. Destroy what is bad. But destruction begets more bad things. Why tear down a broken system only to replace it with another which may be even more broken?
    Sometimes you have to cut off an arm to save the body.

Change must come from within. The system will not allow for internal change.
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

I think a constitutional amendment is possible. There are already a handful of states who have made the proposal. Their is a ton of grassroots support from the tea party, libertarians and progressives. It's one of the only things all three agree on long enough to stomach each other to get it done. Very possible. After that what really needs to be done is to reinstate and create some of the regulations surrounding derivatives and such. But until that amendment happens there is way too much money involved to get that done. It's a problem on the left and the right. Hillary Clinton is very likely to be the next POTUS, and she just got paid 200 grand, TWICE, from goldman sachs for a "speech". Not a campaign donation, she's a private. That was straight up hers. You think there are no expectations there? They bring in a room of big spenders, show off their connection to what may very well be the next president and voila, you get biz as usual. Granted I would hope the US elects a Hillary over a Cruz, but still... not a good look. What would be sweet is if Warren got the job. Why not a junior senator who's been nothing but tough on crooks?

And last but not least, hopefully a reversal of the tides down south will affect Canada in a more positive way. Can't wait to get Harper out of office. I'm not a big fan of the Liberals, but better them than the neo cons.

I don't think you guys are anywhere near the amputation stage, but it could very well go that route.

Any idiot can sit and point and say "the system is broken"

Russell Brand is one of those idiots.

He offers no solutions and goes on about what we are already aware of.
    Well done waste of time I'd say.
    lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

lol
    The difference is when you say it, when you proclaim the problems that "everyone" already knows about, no one listens.

When Russell says it, a million people will watch it, and maybe out of that million a few will have heard something that they were unaware of, and from that a curiosity may arise to learn more, and from that mass change may happen.

It wasn't about solutions, it was about Awareness of the situation, just b/c you know of it, doesn't mean all know it...he may appeal it to an audience different from yourself.

James

The difference is when you say it, when you proclaim the problems that "everyone" already knows about, no one listens.

When Russell says it, a million people will watch it, and maybe out of that million a few will have heard something that they were unaware of, and from that a curiosity may arise to learn more, and from that mass change may happen.

It wasn't about solutions, it was about Awareness of the situation, just b/c you know of it, doesn't mean all know it...he may appeal it to an audience different from yourself.

James
    Oh, he definitely appeals to an audience different than me.
    I'm not one for sitting through statements of the obvious and vague notions.
    Light a fire though I guess.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Oh, he definitely appeals to an audience different than me.
    I'm not one for sitting through statements of the obvious and vague notions.
    Light a fire though I guess.
    Yes lighting fires is a good way to put it. Whether or not ppl like him or disagree with him and what he is saying or doing, it is still exposure to the issues...

Remember, there is no "bad" publicity. There's just Publicity.

James

Yes lighting fires is a good way to put it. Whether or not ppl like him or disagree with him and what he is saying or doing, it is still exposure to the issues...

Remember, there is no "bad" publicity. There's just Publicity.

James
    well...unless you're Rob Ford, then it's "Just Bad publicity" and no regular publicity at all.

Crack Mayor though...lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Russel Brand is in his "I'm clean and righteous" phase. When people sober up, they tend to get like this in one way or another. I applaud him for making positive change in his own life and I sympathize with his desire for change. That being said, I agree with David, this stuff he says is pretty well known. But I also agree that many do not know and if it takes a comedian to make people think, a salute, whatever helps you get to the right conclusion. As for what that is, I already spoke my mind on that in previous posts and other threads.

well **** completely forgot i posted this here

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxia007 View Post
    Russell is saying nothing new that every other political party and leader around the world hasn’t already argued for since the beginning of 20th century.
    i've never heard a politician that wanted to get rid of the government completely... are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Sometimes you have to cut off an arm to save the body.

Change must come from within. The system will not allow for internal change.
    ^ this

lol
    he wants to raise awareness about it, calling him an idiot is harsh when you didn't listen to what he said

i'm here just to draw attention to a few ideas, i'm saying there are people with alternative ideas who are far more qualified than i am, and more importantly more qualified than the people currently doing that job something something
    ok the quote is not word for word but im lazy the interview made me think about the issue more and it seemed to spark some debates so it's all good

i won't be voting again (although i can't remember if i did before anyway )
    I guess we are who we are

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.