Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
That sounds like good oatmeal, old fashioned oatmeal or steel cut? I agree with you both. I read up on Dr. Fuhrmans books and I recommend those. I'm looking into getting a nutribullet, relatively cheap and I can use it for all sorts of things. I will let you know about the tea. I've tried it before in some nettle and red clover tea I made for my girlfriend I believe it was that anyway, it tastes pretty good on its own and has good stuff in it for you and it basically tastes like black tea which we are used to having in the house. I just need to start making smoothies because I really don't have that much vegetable intake at home we have plenty of fruit at home but not much for vegetables, just the basic stuff lettuce, celery etc. I like this thread, it amuses me
I like both steel cut and old fashioned oatmeal. Not the precooked old fashioned either. I just don't see the point in precooked which saves one minute of cooking and it doesn't taste as good. Mr. Brown, the king of jesters gave me a good recipe where he adds eggs to his oatmeal. It's good as a mutha, so I'll post it below. Just don't overcook it because it gets kind of pasty and does something wrong to the taste. Play around with it and you'll get it.

I like that nutribullet. We got the Ninja for larger volume stuff like soups, making our own nut butters, almond milk…etc and it comes with two single serve cups. It was expensive though, but not as much as the Blendtek or Vitamix. With 1500 watts and 24,000 rpm it works just as well. I think a blender needs to be at least 1000 watts to be able to handle the leafy greens and nuts well.

Lettuce and celery are good but not much nutrition in them. If you haven't looked into it I'd recommend trying kale and spinach in your green smoothies since they have tons of nutrients. They also sell green powder at health food shops. We use one called Perfect Food Raw from Garden of Life. It's a powder mix of green sprouts, veggies and whole leaf grass powders. We grow our own sprouts but I haven't gotten into growing wheat grass and other types yet so this is our attempt to add these nutrients to our diet.

Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown
My oatmeal breakfast consists of:

1/2 cup whole oats
2 eggs cooked in with the oats
raisins cooked in with the oats
peanut butter added after cooked
apple sauce added after cooked
for added taste at times, cinnamon, or real vanilla, or rarely honey.