Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: "We've reached the end of antibiotics"

You look like the archeologist in Jurassic Park then lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    You look like the archeologist in Jurassic Park then lol.

Or, like a guy in overalls, or jeans, or BDUs, or, hiking/climbing pants, or shorts, or…etc. I walk in a lot of shoes, especially hiking boots. No matter what shoes I choose for the day, I always protect my nugget from the sun.

I bet your wife finds that real sexy, lol.

I bet your wife finds that real sexy, lol.

She often demands that I go shirtless with my overalls. Bwaaahahahahahaha! Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    She often demands that I go shirtless with my overalls. Bwaaahahahahahaha! Life is good!
    Oh jeez tmi! Lol

I need a new pair of hikers. Any suggestions, keeping in mind that I'm too cheap to spend more than like 120 bucks?

My last pair died like two years ago. I absolutely destroy my runners. Nothing says stupid like rugged hikes with indoor soccer shoes. Believe that! I have pretty strong ankles from dance, gliding makes em solid as fuck. But I think I've just been lucky considering the terrain I've torn through.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    I need a new pair of hikers. Any suggestions, keeping in mind that I'm too cheap to spend more than like 120 bucks?

My last pair died like two years ago. I absolutely destroy my runners. Nothing says stupid like rugged hikes with indoor soccer shoes. Believe that! I have pretty strong ankles from dance, gliding makes em solid as fuck. But I think I've just been lucky considering the terrain I've torn through.

I've been into Vasque and Merrell shoes for over 10 years now. I have two pairs of low top Merrell Moab Ventilators which have served me very well. I liked the Moabs so much that I bought two pairs so I could have a clean set to walk around in and one for trail running. The Merrells are priced right and can be found for under $100.00 if you look around. My foot is normal width but I have heard that they fit narrow so if you have a wide foot then choose the wide option. For a more expensive high top option I highly recommend Vasque Breeze (non goretex) and all leather Vasque Taqu (with goretex). Both of the Vasque boots will serve you well if you backpack on rugged trails, and the Merrells are perfect for trail running and light backpacking. I use the Taqus for cold weather and the Breeze for warm weather. I hike and work around the property in both of those boots. I use the Moabs mainly for trail running. If you want an all leather low top, I also own and recommend Vasque Montras. I wear the Montras around for street wear but they are also really good hiker/trail runners. I just like to keep them clean so I usually go with one of the others. I have put hundreds and hundreds of miles on all of the above except for the Montras and they have held up extremely well. The Breeze boots have seen at least a thousand miles and although the soles are half worn they are still in great shape. I plan on getting them resoled sometime this year. I wash all of my shoes regularly in our front loading washer and they hold up to that as well.

Oh jeez tmi! Lol
    Maybe this will help undo some of the damage I've caused.

Name:  Aren't overalls sexy.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  22.8 KB

Name:  Sexy overalls.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  34.1 KB
    Last edited by GoldenBrain; 01-22-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Very well then. How has your training been?

Very well then. How has your training been?

For a while I was slacking due to these effing projects, but now, somehow I manage to get daily training in. Lift weights, body weight exercises, Iron Palm/Body, forms, hit bag, cardio, light sparring with the wife…rinse, repeat…etc. It's 28 degrees out today so this Texan is shut in. I'm just doing a little work on the bowflex, JJs and forms in the great room. Nothing special today.

How goes it up north?

For a while I was slacking due to these effing projects, but now, somehow I manage to get daily training in. Lift weights, body weight exercises, Iron Palm/Body, forms, hit bag, cardio, light sparring with the wife…rinse, repeat…etc. It's 28 degrees out today so this Texan is shut in. I'm just doing a little work on the bowflex, JJs and forms in the great room. Nothing special today.

How goes it up north?
    Trying to find a time to do it, haven't in awhile. With work and stuff I've been pretty busy. 28 is pretty cold for down there lol.

Trying to find a time to do it, haven't in awhile. With work and stuff I've been pretty busy. 28 is pretty cold for down there lol.
    That's no good, but I do understand.

Yeah, 28 degrees is pretty cold even for N TX. It's now down to 24. Burrrrrr!

On a brighter side, I did have a tasty carrot, celery, spinach, yogurt, almonds, and orange juice smoothie tonight. Two thumbs up!!!

That's no good, but I do understand.

Yeah, 28 degrees is pretty cold even for N TX. It's now down to 24. Burrrrrr!

On a brighter side, I did have a tasty carrot, celery, spinach, yogurt, almonds, and orange juice smoothie tonight. Two thumbs up!!!
    Lucky you! I might use some of the tax return for a vitamix

Time to start actively teaching children how to prevent disease. Good hygiene, healthy diet, exercise and good sleep are key to good health.
    Engaging in vice, sloth, poor eating and not sleeping will bring you illness a lot easier because it is akin to foolishly leaving your door to your room of gold open in a bad neighborhood.

In my opinion, these things would decrease the probability of acquiring disease many fold. Time to get off the allopathic bandwagon and think we can just hack away at these bodies and someone will give us pill to fix it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Time to start actively teaching children how to prevent disease. Good hygiene, healthy diet, exercise and good sleep are key to good health.
    Engaging in vice, sloth, poor eating and not sleeping will bring you illness a lot easier because it is akin to foolishly leaving your door to your room of gold open in a bad neighborhood.

In my opinion, these things would decrease the probability of acquiring disease many fold. Time to get off the allopathic bandwagon and think we can just hack away at these bodies and someone will give us pill to fix it.
    I couldn't agree with this more. Well said!