Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: "We've reached the end of antibiotics"

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    Not that I mind being off topic, but to get back on track a little bit... I'm kind of surprised that there are over 600 views on this thread and not one mention of an internal TCM or other natural remedy for treating blood infections such as MRSA. There have been a few mentioned that I think are good for topical treatments but nothing internal for the big infections.
    Here you go, but if you were to do this I would make sure to do plenty of research
    http://www.naturalnews.com/037074_na..._bacteria.html

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    Here you go, but if you were to do this I would make sure to do plenty of research
    http://www.naturalnews.com/037074_na..._bacteria.html
    That was interesting. Turmeric is one of the antibiotic/anti-virals listed in the article. I eat oatmeal mixed with turmeric, cinnamon, raisins and raw local honey just about every morning for breakfast. I wash it down with a green smoothie which normally consists of kale, carrots, ginger root, and whatever fruit I want to sweeten it with. I added turmeric a long time ago for it's anti-inflammatory properties. Knock on wood, but I never get sick so maybe turmerics antibiotic/anti-viral properties has something to do with this. Of course it could also be because I eat right and exercise regularly, and avoid people who are coughing up blood, but who knows.

I stopped reading that article after about the 2nd paragraph when they went full retard

There are two methods of prevention for using natural medicines to fight antibiotic-resistant bacteria. One of the best ways to lower susceptibility is to strengthen your system by eating alkaline foods like fresh fruits and vegetables. The most effective way to obtain medicinal benefits from your food is through juicing. If you're scheduled for elective surgery, start juicing immediately to strengthen your immune system beforehand by creating an alkaline environment where no bacteria, fungus or virus can survive.
    Who ever wrote this, obviously isn't capable of critical thinking. So sick of seeing this alkaline diet idiocy.

Never mind the fact that, its the freaking acid that is in the oils on our skin that aid in preventing bacterial infections...

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    I stopped reading that article after about the 2nd paragraph when they went full retard

Who ever wrote this, obviously isn't capable of critical thinking. So sick of seeing this alkaline diet idiocy.

Never mind the fact that, its the freaking acid that is in the oils on our skin that aid in preventing bacterial infections...

Edit: Ok so I just went a couple sentences further and found this wonderful gem...

If you contract MRSA or a flesh-eating bacteria use one or more of the following natural treatments; or combine them with those mentioned in my other article.

This is thermonuclear grade stupid.

And one more comment. It takes more than listing a ton of sources in a blog post to make one legit. That laundry list of sources, are mostly garbage. The few that appear legit (ie. the fda and the dot edu's) are only there for citing definitions, not actual content. There is only one source that even approaches legitimacy, the one in science daily which still doesn't pass a real sniff meter as that is still a layperson interpretation on part of a writer that is marginally more scientifically literate than the general population. It is not an actual, scientific journal publication. It is attempting to translate such a publication for the general masses, and usually a great deal is lost in translation.

I never said it was credible lol. I just google searched and found it. I think the alkaline diet makes sense, people who eat fruits and vegetables are healthier anyway regardless of alkalinity though.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    I stopped reading that article after about the 2nd paragraph when they went full retard.
    That's hilarious! For the record I agree with you. All I found interesting was the bit on turmeric being antibiotic/anti-viral and I'm not even sure yet if that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    I never said it was credible lol. I just google searched and found it. I think the alkaline diet makes sense, people who eat fruits and vegetables are healthier anyway regardless of alkalinity though.
    Be careful falling into the alkaline diet craze. Thanks to SoCo setting me straight in another thread I have researched this subject a great deal. It's just not possible to measurably change your blood pH level. For one thing the pH in the stomach is highly acidic at around 2. something so if you could raise the pH then your body would be incapable of digesting food. In the lab they have shown cancer cells die at pH 8.1 and up but that pH would also kill you. Your body regulates a blood pH of something like 7.4 so anything below 7.2 or higher than 7.6 and you are in trouble. If you could somehow raise the blood pH to be more alkaline then your body would nearly instantly adjust to compensate.

This is thermonuclear grade stupid.
    Hahahaha!!! Quote of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    That's hilarious! For the record I agree with you. All I found interesting was the bit on turmeric being antibiotic/anti-viral and I'm not even sure yet if that's correct.
    I'm not crazy over the diet, I just stick to eating dark leafy greens and I try to eat the stuff highest on the Andi score list along with other fruits and such. I've heard from several places turmeric is really good but it's kinda spicy I might start adding a little powder to my morning tea. As for how good it is for that spectrum of disease I dunno. But again these outbreaks are usually small and MRSA isn't something I myself worry about and I work in healthcare I just wash my hands and wear gloves. Antibiotics should be phased out when they can and search for alternatives as these disease are becoming more and more resistant to even our last ditch effort strongest stuff available. Natural remedies and stuff just catch my interest so I read up on that stuff frequently. What do you use to make your smoothies btw?

You can't go wrong eating leafy greens, fruits and veggies. Balance is key. We just bought a mac daddy 1500 watt Ninja Ultimate blender so we are going smoothie crazy. We have always made smoothies with our cheap blender, but now we can turn the leafy greens, carrots, nuts and whole fruits into liquid without having to manually stir up the blender every few seconds.

I'm not sure how good turmeric would be in tea so please share how it tastes after you experiment a little bit. It's really good in oatmeal though. I wrote in an earlier post what I add to oatmeal, but I forgot to mention that I also add almond butter that we make ourselves. So, almond butter, turmeric, cinnamon, raisin and raw honey. Yummy! I think turmerics best use is as an anti-inflammatory.

I'm not to worried about MRSA either but it's always good to be informed about various treatments. Hopefully somebody will reply to this thread with a valid TCM method for treating internal bacterial infections. For now I'll stick with western medicine for this one.
    Last edited by GoldenBrain; 11-06-2013 at 04:51 PM.

I eat whole foods. I don't eat more than I really need to. Usually top up to around 80% or so. All is good. And considering the other abuses I have put my body through, I'm confident in saying that it has worked well for me. I'm no doctor, and maybe I'm just lucky, but eating a well balanced non processed diet seems to be more than enough to keep me going at a high level. I also eat more smaller meals throughout the day and find that I don't have those energy peaks and valleys. I wake up ready to go and I'm good till I pass out after my night time bong tokes.

So far so good.

Hahahaha, I like your style Syn! One day, after we end prohibition in the remaining 30 states I'd like to rip a few tubes with you. Until then enjoy those besters and think of us poor *******s in the land of oppression.

Yeah man, it's scary how much time you can get for weed where you're at.

That sounds like good oatmeal, old fashioned oatmeal or steel cut? I agree with you both. I read up on Dr. Fuhrmans books and I recommend those. I'm looking into getting a nutribullet, relatively cheap and I can use it for all sorts of things. I will let you know about the tea. I've tried it before in some nettle and red clover tea I made for my girlfriend I believe it was that anyway, it tastes pretty good on its own and has good stuff in it for you and it basically tastes like black tea which we are used to having in the house. I just need to start making smoothies because I really don't have that much vegetable intake at home we have plenty of fruit at home but not much for vegetables, just the basic stuff lettuce, celery etc. I like this thread, it amuses me

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Yeah man, it's scary how much time you can get for weed where you're at.
    Yep, this state is no joke. Being a family man I have no choice but to stay away from it for now. It's too bad really because it's good meds and safe for recreational use. I'm pretty sure the only thing unsafe about it is the combustion and that can be mitigated by vaping and eating the stuff.

There are 20 states that have legalized it for medical use and 2 for both medical and recreational. There are probably going to be another 10 of the 20 this November that will make it recreationally legal. At least those 10 are voting on it. The latest polls show that 58 percent of this country wants to end prohibition and make it completely legal. I would not want to be one of the last states left who keep it illegal, especially not on the boarder with Mexico. It's already drying up the dealers and cartels in the legal states so where do they think these criminals will go but to the illegal states where prices and demand will still be sky high. If there's any argument for legalizing that may sway the neo-cons, it's to dry up cartels and put dealers out of business or at least make it so they have to sell it under regulation like alcohol. Oh, and they can tax it! Greed works too.