Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: "We've reached the end of antibiotics"

I have a cheap piece of shit that I modified a bit. And I made a new seal cause the original one broke on like day two!

300 bucks for a used blender... Fuckin hell!

I think I might be cheap, guys.
    Or maybe that's just a ton of money for a small motor, a potentiometer and a few blades! Surely it cleans itself, pours your drink and climbs back into the cupboard on it's own, yes?

Basically just a used base. They give a new container thing and vitamix blenders go for a crapload, so $300 is like 200 off regular price. And it's company refurbished with a big warranty. And strongly made in Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    I have a cheap piece of shit that I modified a bit. And I made a new seal cause the original one broke on like day two!

300 bucks for a used blender... Fuckin hell!

I think I might be cheap, guys.
    Or maybe that's just a ton of money for a small motor, a potentiometer and a few blades! Surely it cleans itself, pours your drink and climbs back into the cupboard on it's own, yes?
    Plus the reviews are really nice, so it's a nice investment that will last a long time. I wish it would climb in the cupboard and it is self cleaning actually pour in soap and water and run on high

I added some turmeric to my white tea this morning GB, I added only a few pinches, so it wasn't overwhelming I figure some is better than none right? Didn't really taste it at all so that was good.

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    I added some turmeric to my white tea this morning GB, I added only a few pinches, so it wasn't overwhelming I figure some is better than none right? Didn't really taste it at all so that was good.
    That's cool. I was wondering. I guess I could just make up some tea and try it but I thought I use you as a guinea pig.lol

I think you'll like the Vitamix. It's expensive but I hear good things about them. It'll even make hot soup just from the high rpm's.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    I have a cheap piece of shit that I modified a bit. And I made a new seal cause the original one broke on like day two.
    Leave it to the engineer. I like it! I'm sure you didn't get outrageous but the image I have in my mind is a blender attached to something that resembles a jet turbine.

Lol I see how it is now. Just attach a huge glass container to a airboat fan. Ultimate blender.

lol. nothing fancy. just added a potentiometer so I could control the speed and upped the rpm's a lil. Same motor, same everything really. And the seal thing was just cause the piece of **** broke.

I wish I had a turboshaft. Not the easiest thing to build, and bloody expensive to buy. But man, the projects you could do with that. This is when I do the mr burns finger thing saying "yeeeesss, yeessss" lol. You can get lil ones for RC copters and whatnot. They are a few grand at the low end. Machining a one off would be ridiculous work(not that I would even try), and I can't justify spending five grand on a "cheap" one.

If I ever win the lottery syn I'll buy you a few of those mini turboshafts just to see what you can come up with.

Hey raipizo! I was checking the specs on the vitamix and the motor and rpm's are the same as the ninja ultima so you might want to take that into consideration. The main difference I see is the ninja has a stacked blade on top of the bottom blades which creates that vortex they like to show in their commercials. With the vitamix you might still need to tamp stuff down but not with the ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    If I ever win the lottery syn I'll buy you a few of those mini turboshafts just to see what you can come up with.

Hey raipizo! I was checking the specs on the vitamix and the motor and rpm's are the same as the ninja ultima so you might want to take that into consideration. The main difference I see is the ninja has a stacked blade on top of the bottom blades which creates that vortex they like to show in their commercials. With the vitamix you might still need to tamp stuff down but not with the ninja.
    Isn't the ninja laden with chemicals and even have a label on the box?

Isn't the ninja laden with chemicals and even have a label on the box?
    It has a BPA free pitcher so no worries there. Besides, you have to get plastics hot like in the dishwasher in order to leach out any chemicals. We live as green as possible in our household so we did a lot of research before buying it. So far it's been a great blender. You need to get the ultima model though for it to compare to the vitamix.

I think the vitamix is a great blender so I don't think you could go wrong with one. That reviewer seemed a little bit biased towards the vitamix though. Many of the failures appeared to be more of an operator issue rather than the ninjas fault.

It's true about leakage when blending hot liquid in the ninja. One time we made soup that was a little too hot it sprayed out the seal due to the build up in pressure. The directions warn against doing this, however we decided to push the limits and paid the price by having to clean up a sizable tomato soup mess.

The lead and other chemicals they are referring to is a trace amount in the power cord. It's unlikely that we would ever purposely blend up its power cord so I'm not to worried about this one. Although they don't state it I think it's likely there's a similar trace amount of lead and other chemicals in the vitamix's power cord. I'm not an electrician so I'm just thinking out loud here with this assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    I think the vitamix is a great blender so I don't think you could go wrong with one. That reviewer seemed a little bit biased towards the vitamix though. Many of the failures appeared to be more of an operator issue rather than the ninjas fault.

It's true about leakage when blending hot liquid in the ninja. One time we made soup that was a little too hot it sprayed out the seal due to the build up in pressure. The directions warn against doing this, however we decided to push the limits and paid the price by having to clean up a sizable tomato soup mess.

The lead and other chemicals they are referring to is a trace amount in the power cord. It's unlikely that we would ever purposely blend up its power cord so I'm not to worried about this one. Although they don't state it I think it's likely there's a similar trace amount of lead and other chemicals in the vitamix's power cord. I'm not an electrician so I'm just thinking out loud here with this assumption.
    i just posted it to mess with ya i'm sure the ninja is good.

i just posted it to mess with ya i'm sure the ninja is good.
    Oh yeah, no worries, I got it.