Thread: How to take a hit in Wing Chun

How to take a hit in Wing Chun

Thought I'd share some secret on how Wing Chun can take a hit by going with the force.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVMIDaYQ8CM

Sorry. Couldn't make it all the way through that long rambling video.

That hit looks fake or that guy is really wimpy to drop like that or maybe he just got him in the SP.

Smile Not Fully Cooked

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Sorry. Couldn't make it all the way through that long rambling video.
    That usually happens when you’re not 100% sure or truly believe what you’re saying, then the natural salesmanship kicks in; but it will get better with age/experience.

Take care,

Anyone get to the part where he said he's just joking about all that, then explained his actual thoughts?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Anyone get to the part where he said he's just joking about all that, then explained his actual thoughts?

I’d seen that also on the first watch. Again, age and experience.

Take care,

Dude can speak in whatever manner he wants. Doesn't mean a thing. Did you pay attention to what his actual message was? Have thoughts on that, or just want to sound like a senior/superior?

For the most part, I agree with him. The name of the game is to knock the other guy out before he can do so to you.

Talking No harm or ill will to you or anyone

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Dude can speak in whatever manner he wants. Doesn't mean a thing. Did you pay attention to what his actual message was? Have thoughts on that, or just want to sound like a senior/superior?

For the most part, I agree with him. The name of the game is to knock the other guy out before he can do so to you.

He could say what he wants to say, but if that’s the reaction he wants, then so be it. All I’m saying is; why go through that, seeing that there is much harsher posting here then mine on this thread.

I guess common sense would lead you to react to what I’ve wrote outside of others. Maybe he is rambling on or maybe it’s a fake punch, but I’m not the one to say, but both of them are good observations.

I’m just staying with everyday life and common sense. and I’m not saying they were not (the other posters).

Take care,