Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: weed

Ryu Guest

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Sharky Guest
    LLOLOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLOLOLLLOOLLOOL

LOL!

LOL! HEH!

=================================
    Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

GunnedDownAtrocity Guest
    that picture was my wallpaper for a long time.

funny sh!t.

where's my beer?

Nexus Guest
    Marijuana is very popular here in Alaska as well. So popular in fact that in 2002, it will be on the ballots for voting for recreational use of it.
    Thats right, potsmokers rejoice, Alaska can be your new home and haven for your red-eyed, foggy memory lifestyle.

People will do what they want regardless of laws/legalities and what they are told about health. One of the reasons I have found people smoke a lot is they are in environments with people who smoke a lot.

How many people just one day decide that they are going to smoke pot, or start smoking cigarettes. Most of them are offered by people they trust, or consider friends etc. Often one should take a look at the cause and what keeps them smoking rather then the smoking itself.

Are you hanging out with people who smoke daily? Are some of the places you spend time at pot-smoking/related environments? Do you put yourself in those situations/environments/relationships to make yourself feel more secure/confident/comfortable about your smoking habits?

If you have no friends who smoke pot, I think stopping the chain of smoking is a lot easier then if you're around it all the time. But who wants to stop?

- Nexus

fightfan Guest
    I agree that alchohol is waaay worse for you than pot, and that pot isnt compareable to any other drug in danger, but just like anything else in life excess is bad.
    I have friends that have been smoking for years and when they run out... look out!
    Not to mention that it causes paranoia, laziness, overeating, poor judgement, psychological addiction, social retardation, and vision problems.
    If you dont belive me about the vision problems try crossing your eyes for three hours every day for a month and see how your vision ends up. Three hours is being nice!
    Dont get me wrong guys, since I detest drinking, I do partake on occasion, but if youre a everyday user then dont kid yourself.
    BTW if you everyday users make plans with friends or family, let them know youre not showing up! Ive lost sooo many good friends because I got sick of being stood up. Thanks.

GunnedDownAtrocity Guest
    "thou shall not judge"

i say this.

if you don't want to smoke pot for whatever reason you have ... cool.

but FU,CK YOU

if you judge others for doing so ... especially if you drink, or smoke, or don't get off your lazy a$$ enough to know what stress is.

where's my beer?

Ryu Guest
    GDA,
    I don't drink or smoke....can I judge? :(

Pretty please?

Come on, you know you like it! :D
    Judgin kicks ass!

LOL!

;)
    aah, I'm so funny.

............. :D

........ :(

Ryu

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

scotty1 Guest
    'Don't say that you can't OD on weed, that's bull****.'

yOU CAN'T od ON WEED. Let people do what they want, at least to this extent. Weed is like tobacco with more effects, but the principle behind whether its legal or not are the same as those behind smoking and drinking, which are of course both legal. GDA, I'm with you.
    BTW, I smoke everyday (weed). Some people have a cig after they train, I have a j. And the big deal is where?
    I am addicted to tobacco, not weed, and if I can't smoke weed one noght, I'll have a cigarrette. Just one, and it does the trick. Weed is just a bonus. So jesus, everyone, chill out(man)! :D

dedalus Guest
    There's THC in chocolate too, so all you prohibitionists better turn out your pantries and set up a picket at Cadbury :p

Except for Ryu... I bet you don't eat chocolate either, you clean-living-pro-ad-hominem ******* ;)

Repulsive Monkey Guest

TCM

In reality TCM says that Hash is definitely worse than alcohol, and I am inclined to believe them. Hash harms the actual function of the Kidneys whereas alcohol (and of course this is al taken in a relative attitude) damages the tissues of the Kidneys (but only over a long term and or heavy usage). Hash stays in the blood stream for up to a month, alcohol can be flushed out within 24 to 36 hours. Hash IS Carcinogenic and can cause mild to heavy inflammation of Tubules within the lungs, and can cause slight to mild eating disorders if constantly used. It does kill brain cells as someone already stated, but the biggest reason why I dont do it anymore, is that it saps your Jing away substantially. Alcohol can temoprarily put your jing below par but hash steals it away permanently.

scotty1 Guest
    wHAT IS YOUR jING? Is it like spirit or something? Cos if it is, then its definitely sapped when your boxed, but you can get over it.

Chang Style Novice Guest
    Repulsive Monkey -

Perhaps you'd be so kind as to explain how a drug can steal jing away permanently, even after it has completely left the body? Because this sound like horsecr@p to me, utterly contrary to the laws of physics.

To all who are claiming marijuana causes brain damage -

Perhaps you'd care to explain why Nobel Prize winning astronomer Carl Sagan attributed his insights into the nature of the cosmos to the higher consciousness he attained while smoking pot? If that's brain damage, I'll take some!

Kiasyd Guest
    Well, I think that weed is illegal today (in most countries) because it's more profitable that way. The majority of people involved in the drug business (black market) would be very upset if their product got legalized.

-- Kiasyd

Repulsive Monkey Guest

First things first

Jing is your constitutional Qi located within the Kidneys and governs the quality of life one has (from the TCM point of view). Depending on whether or not you have strong or weak Qi the quality of health thoughtout your whole life will be influencced by it. The drug in TCM understanding depletes your Jing or allows Jing lakage thus depletion of Jing, and since Jing is finite it does not get topped back up again, hence permanent depletetion. Physics has nothing to do with it. as I stated I was putting forth the view on TCM, Physics (unless you are refering to models upheld within bio-Physics!) doesn't enter into this equation as such.

Carl Sagan had certain sychopantic leanings and was a luminary being by any means, read Robert Anton Wilsons highlights in his Cosmic Trigger : Vol. 3 about how pittiful Carl Sagan really was. A megolomaniac if you ask me aswell as a rather ignorant man.

Chang Style Novice Guest
    You're citing Robert Anton Wilson to discredit Carl Sagan's opinion of pot? That's too funny for words! Maybe you didn't notice that RWA is a bigtime pothead himself, to say nothing of seriously paranoid, psychotic, and quite sychophantic himself. I mean, does he have any standards to which he holds John Lilly, Carlos Castaneda, and Timothy Leary? Just to keep poking holes in your argument, how can one be sychophantic and megalomaniacal at the same time? Those are opposite characteristics!

Physics has everything to do with the arguement. A chemical agent cannot effect a reaction unless it said agent is present. Biophysics is no different in this respect. I know very little of TCM, but I'm doubtful that any energy stored in the body is irreplacable. It is my understanding that jing is potential energy stored in the body which becomes qi as it is manifested. In western terms, there's this thing called a metabolism; energy in the body is gained by eating and gaining calories. This energy is expended by body activity as movement or heat, or stored in the form of fatty tissue. Perhaps jing is the ability of the body to replenish and heal itself, which diminishes as the body gets older and less flexible? That might account for why it cannot be replaced.

Eh, anyway, I'm just rambling now. Time to sign off for a bit.