Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: weed

ewallace Guest
    Dont expect it to be legal in the states anytime soon. It is extremly profitable for law enforcement. A minor possession offense (class A misdemeanor in most cases under 4 oz) costs hundreds of dollars in fines. However, it would be more profitable to tax the purchase of it.

I personnaly do not use it. However, I think most people should get ripped at least twice yearly. Maybe then we would not have so many ****sed off people in this world. I also find it amusing that MOST "experts" who lecture about it have never used it. Our drug awareness programs in schools are also a joke. No one ever came to me and said "come on man smoke this...everyone is doing it". It was more like everyone standing around at a party and someone handing me a spliff and said "you wanna hit this? It's some good sh*t". It has been some time since I was in school so hopefully it has changed since then.

Victory goes to he who makes the next-to-last mistake.

Repulsive Monkey Guest

Nice try but...

I hope that you can apprecitae the intial irony of trying to uphold Carl Sagan's esteemed position because he was a pothead, whereas the irony was invetred when I mentioned RAW. If you the account (i.e. its not RAW opinion yet that of Carl Sagan's so-called adversary in the filed of astro-physics)in the book it quite clearly shows the loop-holes in Sagan's uninstigated opposition to his rivals work and latter day acceptance of it trying to aplm it off as his own. Sagan was a man who thought he was unparralleled in some respects and believed his authourative stance, where in fact there were many other greater minds at work in his field of study who didn't get any credit or exposure at all. This is just opinion but I always took Sagan to be condescending and billuous. Im sure people can provide examples of him being the opposite but there you go.

TCM doesn't (and doesn't have to)work within the same models and dynamics as Physics (or Bio-Physics) and this is the entire root of misunderstanding between coventional and Chinese medicine. In fact CM had made more of an effort to meet Conventional medicine than vice versa.
    Jing is the intrinsic energy that lasts as long as your life does. It is un-replenshable, fact! When it runs out so does ones life. TCM recognises that one is born with a finite amount and when you use it up through natural aging, depleting lifestyle, poor exercise then you die. Through TCM their research has recognised that ingestion of Hash depletes your Jing. This is all I'm saying. Persoanlly I find Robert Anton Wilson ( if one ignores some of the hippy guff) to be readly coherent, hardly Psychotic (c'mon now!!) and hardly paranoid as he highlights all these ideas in the medium of his writings, yet if you read his stuff he always re-iterates the fact that he doesn't believe or disbelieve any of the crack-pot ideas he writes about. This is an idea that few paranoids would uphold, don't you think???

You forget that by champoining Sagan for being pothead surely means that one has to recognise RAW's genius too, for exactly the same crime!!!!????

scotty1 Guest

jESUS...

Where do you guys learn this stuff?
    I'm lost lads.....
    Must be all that gear... :rolleyes:

gano_b Guest

who cares?

I don't smoke, but I could care less what someone else does. I'm not saying that I have "never smoked", but it just made me tired and hungry. I love the typical response "but we have to pay for all those burnouts when they die". Whatever, because lots of people die smoking pot? Versus drinking?

I would much rather run into Cheech cruisin' down the road stoned out of his mind, driving 3mph, than some dumb arse teen that has pounded a couple of forties.

Just think how many bar fights there wouldn't be. A bunch of dudes token, all they care about is what's on the menu.

I am a firm supporter of freedom. If some dumb arse wants to shoot up clorox, that's his **** business. As long as it doesn't interfere with my life, so be it. I don't think you can legislate morality. Now if some dumby toots up a bunch of booger sugar and kills someone, they should face a very strict punishment, but we all know that most weed smokers are so **** paranoid they just chill in their parents basement and wait for pizza delivary. They are harmless, leave them alone.

"There is no try...do, or do not."

Chang Style Novice Guest
    Repulsive Monkey -

You and I are just not going to see eye-to-eye on this, so I'm going to stop posting about it. But, I wanted to let you know what a pleasure it is to have an intelligent informed debate that doesn't degenerate into angry name-calling. Rock on, dude!

Scotty1 -

Learning stuff is easy, if you want to learn. Find something you're interested in and go to a library, or run a google search. Be dedicated and patient. Knowledge is kungfu for the brain!

Repulsive Monkey Guest

Chang Style Novice

No... let me take my hat off to you, I'm sure in the long run we could see-to-eye but I enjoyed coming from the opposite angle on this subject, which in all honesty considering what the original thread began as, shouldn't be taken to seriously. I really appreciate your response and I'm quite sure that on other subjects we probably have loads we can agree on, thanks for your lightness of heart in this conversation and yielding strength in return, take it easy mate too.

Thanks

Shaolindynasty Guest
    Have you guys forgoten you are martial artists? I here people saying things like "after class I smoke a j or a cigarette) What I said before is not that it should be ilegal but shouldn't we take better care of our bodies than smoking and drinking like some of you do? Inhaling smoke whether it's from tabacco, weed or burning leaves in your backyard is deffinetaly not good for you. Check out that show they have been running on MTV called "true life, I can't breath" and see what happens to your lungs from smoking. I have had experience with weed, drinking and I have tried cigarettes(only like twice since they didn't mess me up I saw no point), personally my drive to be a good martial artist is much more than my desire to get messed up and do really stupid things with my friends. Seriously I think GDA looks like an idiot coming here with topics like "I'm drunk again". To say that it is because of stress that I get drunk and high is just an excuse, millions of people deal with stress all the time in different ways. I think some of you need to grow up alittle.

www.shaolindynasty.cjb.net

KC Elbows Guest
    On the brain damage issue, the ONLY study I am aware of linking pot use with brain damage involved putting monkeys in sealed chambers, and then filling those chambers with pot smoke, with no additional air except that which was not used in the combustion of the weed, and keeping them there for extremely long periods. without making any attempt to track brain damage from oxygen loss as opposed to potential brain damage from pot. So, NO serious study has ever linked pot use with brain damage, and, as long as its illegal to work with, none ever will.

Second, there are people who use pot very sparingly, my wife for one. She probably smokes one j every3 months, has done this for years, and is not in any way tempted to more use. Its like a glass of wine on a special occassion to her, and that is how, IMO, pot should be viewed by those who use responsibly.

IMHO, no one who drinks here has any leg to stand on when talking about pot and brain damage, kidney damage being better than liver damage(WTF? Who ever ran into a pot head with a bad liver? Bad cleaning habits, maybe, but liver? Alcohol is the king of organ damage, pot is the minor duke of duh), the whole vision problems thing baffles me, I mean, I'm not saying it couldn't be, but the comment of being crosseyed for too long threw me off, as pot does not cross your eyes at all.

Anyway, there is no scientifically reliable evidence that pot causes brain damage, and the only experiment I'm aware of done to find out if it does sounds like it was invented by some really demented potheads. Why don't we put monkeys in sealed chambers filled with alcohol and see if alcohol causes drowning? Sorry, no need, I guess Natalie Wood already did that one for us.

Geez, that was just wrong.

And I'm not on anything...

City, your toast will never go unbuttered again! -The Tic

Kung Lek Guest
    Using Cannabis medically is more effective in a tea form or draught or deconcoction than by smoking.

smoking will ingest teh THC quicker but the effects are not as long lasting as they are when drinking it in draught or concoction form.

the seeds are useful for a variety of things also and are widely used in TCM moreso than the flowers, leaves or stems.

Cannabis is known to ease nausea in chemotherapy patients, the increase blood flow to the eyes and releave teh symptoms of glaucoma and has many other beneficial effects.

smoking it is a recreational drug use of it with little medical value as the act of smoking damages the lungs to a degree and this is worse for you than whatever you were trying to relieve.

Cannabis is considered a "soft" drug and is not known to cause violent reactions ion those who use it. For that reason, itis in the process of being decriminalized in my country. I think this is a good thing because it will ease the burden on our overloaded court systems and as well will take it out of the hands of teh criminal element, produce tax dollars and the police won't need to waste their time arresting recreational hippy types who are not causing any harm in most cases from their use of cannabis.

Alcohol is far more dangerous when consumed recklessly and needs to have tighter controls.
    I would hope that one day, processed tobacco is outlawed entirely and that it's use will be in the same social area as cannabis is right now.

But it comes down to politicians giving the people what they want (more often giving themselves what they want but that's a different story).

In context to Kung Fu practice or meditative practice in association with martial arts, cannabis as a smoked drug is useless and serves no useful purpose.

afetr a stressful day, I would rather see people using cannabis instead of getting into the habits of drinking.

It would be even better if people could ease their stressed state through simple meditation, but humans are far to lazy to learn even such a simple thing as this for the most part.

we are such a troublesome species. Thank goodness for those few who came before and put forth the effort to develop the arts so that we may at least have the chance to bring them into our own personal endeavours.

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links

Wongsifu Guest
    i dont think there is anything more to add to this conversation apart from, why does everyone keep talking about weed and actually miss all the other stuff like black,pollum,skunk and all those other goodies like white widow ,space cake etc etc etc.
    Just kidding ,

more to the point why did the old kugn fu masters used to smoke opium ?

also repulsive monkey are you sure you dont mean prenatal chi , jing is replaceable as long as you have strong kidneys , you can infuse chi into the kidneys to strenghten them and your jing, what you mean is prenatal qi is not replaceable.

Technically jokes aside weed can be used in conjuction with sex and wine to promote psychic power, if you look at black tanra as opposed to white tantra you will see that they practise rituals where tantric sex is performed whilst retaining ones essence and under the influence of ganja to increase your mental powers , the reason being that weed opens certain meridians in your head it doesnt actually close them, its just that if you cant control it when they open, too much energy is lost and you feel like a dumb@ss if you learn to control it though it can give you tremendous power.

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
    They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

dubj Guest
    One of the first recorded uses of marijuana was in TCM. There were great masters of gung fu who used opium, so I am sure that some might have used herb. I don't like to call it weed. I call it herb because that is what it is. It is a very potent herb that has strong effects on people who don't use it regularly, but there are other common herbs that are much more dangerous. You can't overdose to the point that you body starts shutting down, maybe you will pass out but no real damage like other alkaloids. This is because THC is not an alkaloid. It does not contain a nitrogen atom, therefore it is a terpenophenolic compound. This is also why it is not addictive. Your brain structure does not change with it, it is only tweaked out a bit while the chemical is present. It is a weak chemical that breaks down into other harmless compounds easily, and does not stay in your blood stream for weeks. Some may be stored in fat and later released into the blood stream, but it is in a less active form. That is why you don't smoke one day and feel high on and off for the next month. It has not been proven to cause brain damage, and I know pesonally that it doesn't. Your brain produces much stonger chemicals(alkaloids) such as serotonin, dopamine,and endorphines. If getting exited or feeling pain is physically addicting and damaging to the brain, then it might be possible that ingesting THC is too. I have smoked herb every day for almost 7 years and I don't have breathing problems and I am not retarded. The drug that has most affected my brain is LSD. It messed up the fluidity in my speech and it seems that I think much faster than I can speak or write. LSD is an alkaloid, just like morphine, cocaine, nicotine,and other addictive substances. The reason it messes up your memory is because you have to do certain things to log memory which are harder to do or you don't care to do while stoned. Basically it's not the chemical that is so bad, but smoking a plant to ingest it is. Whenever people talk about the health risks they bring up brain damage,which has little validity, or they talk about the damage to lungs and arteries, as if smoking is the best and only way to do it. Now that I am getting into gung fu more I have motivation to stop smoking, although the real motivation is my long term health. Even if I stop smoking it, I will occasionally cook with it or make some tea. I am at the point now where I don't even get stoned in the normal sense. I can go to school or work and look and fuction just fine. It is a whole different mood and sensation now. This is where I am arguing from. People who talk about the stereotypical pot head and say we are all stupid and can't function, have the munchies, are cross eyed and say comments like I pray for you if you smoke weed and fight, are closed minded fools. They have no real experience with it, or have only smoked a few times and got really high. I will admit that I must have looked pretty dumb when I was high in the first few years that I smoked. It was a lot more fun then too. That is why people do it, because it is fun, and many fun things make you look stupid. Have you seen yourself on a rollercoaster. The reason I risk getting arrested is not because it is fun and I am irresponsible, but because the govt. has no right in taking my freedom to ingest a plant so I do not acknowledge that law. I am not ashamed of being a criminal. Now back to the original question. I have smoked and meditated(no I did not fall asleep)and for me it does make the breathing and focusing easier. I can actually breath deeper after I smoke because it contains a chemical that dilates capillaries in the lung as well as the alveoli. This is why some say that it helps athsma. The problem with that is you are counteracting that over time by damaging the lungs with smoke. Once in my english class a group of kids doing a science experiment came in and did tests to see who had the largest lung capacity, and if they smoked at all. I did have the largest capacity but it could be the fact that I was doing dan tien breathing. I just wonder what it would be if I never smoked, or if it hasn't changed. I have practiced gung fu while high and it helps me stay relaxed, have sharper movements, and focus breathing. It seems like I can put more power into strikes as well. However I do not practice high often because I want those skills naturally, not aided by an herb. Some people might practice high and it could be the opposite. I would not do chi kung high as well because when you are trying to fucus chi you probably don't want a chemical affecting your natural mindset. It might create problems, but I don't know what they would be. I wouldn't worry too much about it though because if you eat processed food, have other bad habits, and are in unfit environments(which most uf us are) you most likely have worse chemicals that aren't psychoactive in your body than THC. That is just my uneducated opinion though ;)

gano_b Guest
    Anyone else see those little signs that say "Pothead" like the ones in Halfbaked? You know, the ones where all of them were saying "I smoke weed, but I ain't no pothead." STAMP..."POTHEAD" JK ;)

"There is no try...do, or do not."

KC Elbows Guest
    To respond to why people need it to make themselves feel good, I would say that the question is a loaded question. It is correctly worded "Why do people use it to make them feel good?"

The rollercoaster comment above is a good comparison, but I'd like to bring in another comparison that is more topical. Why do you fight/spar? IF your answer is "Because I enjoy it(it makes me feel good)", then why? If feeling good is to be viewed as a mindset that should be done by proper perception, and never by enjoyable activity, then fighting should fall under the same category as pot smoking, as I've never known anyone who had a limb break/tendon tear/mild concussion directly caused by pot, but I've known plenty who got them from fighting.

Other activities that succumb to this logic are marriage for love, sex for enjoyment, etc. The question is not flawed, but the answer is one of devotion. Will you remove yourself from the world and become a monk, working towards a mindset that is free from the temptations of the world? If so, more power to you. But, some of us like to live in the world as we feel is right for us, and that involves all sort of risky activities that we enjoy for no logical reason, but we enjoy nonetheless.

Wongsifu Guest
    dubj duuuuuude you know your shiat , im impressed !!!!!! terpenophenolic what the bumba clot!!!!

what do bin laden and general custer have in common????
    They're both wondering where the fu(k all of those tomahawks are coming from. - donated by mojo

KC Elbows Guest
    Agrees with wongsifu.

However, I think the daily thing is unnecessary. Too easy to default to dependence.

Of course, this is mostly speculation, as I'm allergic to pot(makes my sinuses close shut fast), So I really only have a little once in a long while, and I always ingest(it appears something in the smoke is what I'm allergic to.)