Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: weed

jun_erh Guest
    1. Cheech and Chong are very funny. I was not high when I saw "Cheech and Chong's next movie" recently and practicly died laughing.
    2. I'm no expert on either pot smoking or meditation. I think pot would superficially help you a little, in the sense you wouldn't get bored as quickly (though why not go all the way and take Heroin, aren't those poeple famousr for staring at walls 8 hours at a time?) but I'd lke to think theirs more to it than just being relaxed and taking stuff in. In "Chinese Boxing" a book I quote all the time, one of the teachers says someting to that effect, that you have the superficial aspects of enlightment, but not the alertness,etc. :D

Starchaser107 Guest

Ganja

I seldom smoke ganja, and this is only due to the fact that it is illegal. I never train kungfu when I smoke it,and it is my personal choice when i choose to do so. There have been instances where I am "high", and I have practiced yoga meditation while in this state, I found that the effects were beneficial in my journey at times. The monk that taught me said that in india they used to do it as children , but it is preferred under his system to abstain from such stimulants.He noted that the "drug" could aid the practitioner to attain maybe a deeper meditation, and promote a release of energies, the kundalini, but it is better I suppose to achieve this state on your own. No path to the truth is ever cemented in stone, and I believe that there are many gateways to arrive at any destination.
    I also consume alcohol, more frequently than I do marajuana, and I occasionally smoke cigarettes and cigars. As far as I know in certain schools of drunken boxing the practicioner must become enibriated in order to get a feel of his/her style.
    I have learnt that one of the key things in life are frugality , and moderation.
    everything in moderation, there is a time and a place for everything. And nothing happens before its time. For some it is easy to believe what the media and a few governments have to say about this particular drug. The supposed brain damage , and what everver else it is they say. Rastafarians believe that ganja is a holy sacrament , and say it was found on the tomb of king solomon the great. there is much contraversy in my home about the use of this plant. I know people from all walks of life who injest this , and these are whom i regard to be the great thinkers. of course others ingest this and abuse it , they treat it as a joke or some trivial thing these are the pot heads who give marajana use a bad rep. anything if taken beyond extremity can be a potentially bad and dangerous thing.
    a while back on this forum , there was an arguement about christianity versus the martial arts, i assume that all of us are martial arts practicioners or aspirants, some of us even christian. but the fact still remains that there are people out there that believe that since we speak of chi, and recognize our ancestors , we are actually invoking devils upon ourselves, this is complete nonsense, just as how judging a man by what he consumes is utter garbage. It is always how the individual carries themselves or behaves that reflects thier true nature, and this i believe is how we should all judge each other.
    This is just my humble opinion, thank you.

"everything is everything"

KC Elbows Guest
    Agrees with starchaser.

City, your toast will never go unbuttered again! -The Tic

Chang Style Novice Guest
    "there is much contraversy in my home about the use of this plant. "

Translation

"****it Starchaser, if you been smoken them reefer sticks again I'm gonna tan your hide! You still ain't got a job, boy??!!??"

I kid

dubj Guest
    I must admit that I smoked earlier and wrote that post high. A little while later I just started doing my form and playing around with movements and they were much cleaner than in class earlier. They also just came to me instead of me forcing them. I think it automatically sets me in the mind frame which is needed for good boxing. That is calm and relaxed and using the movements like reflexes. My body was in correct form without trying so I could focus more on my breath. But my point from earlier is that I should be able to do this consistantly instead of relying on an outside chemical for that mindset.
    Wongsifu I only know what I have read and I have done some good reading on alkaloids and other chemicals. Other than that and high school I don't know ****e about chemistry. I bet starchaser liked your bumbu clot remark.
    Yes I agree that smoking pretty much every day is exessive but I almost always have it and there is always a chance to do so. It is the cure for boredom. I can keep myself occupied most of the time but when I am bored or watching television is when I start scrounging. I wouldn't say I need it any more than people need their cup of coffee in the morning

Starchaser107 Guest
    lol, chang

Ozihn Guest
    Pot may not be physicly addictive, but it is mentally addictive. People get to love the feeling and just can't seem to quit, you could ask a pot head to quite smoking pot on the spot and he might be able to, but if he has smoked it for long the idea of not being able to get that euphoria [sp] would be too much :)

soy Guest
    Great post starchaser. I'm always fascinated when I encounter people with clear enough heads to speak and think logically. From what you've written, it seems that this very thing has happened to me today.

-soy

KC Elbows Guest
    In my experiences, when you don't use pot in excess, you come out of the high feeling extremely refreshed, and I've had many fantastic push hands experiences in this post-high state.

City, your toast will never go unbuttered again! -The Tic

NickAlbertson Guest
    I smoke or i should say used to smoke a ton of weed, i mean a ton. I also practice lohan kung fu daily, the martial arts are my life and smoking grass was horrible on my training. Not only did my lung capasity and endurence turn to ****. But i found myself to want to blaze up insted of train. I think weed kicks ass if it is done correctly, but it is very easy to over use which makes it a VERY big problem, not only in your martial arts training but in your life A Boat Can Float in Water

NickAlbertson Guest
    I smoke or i should say used to smoke a ton of weed, i mean a ton. I also practice lohan kung fu daily, the martial arts are my life and smoking grass was horrible on my training. Not only did my lung capasity and endurence turn to ****. But i found myself to want to blaze up insted of train. I think weed kicks ass if it is done correctly, but it is very easy to over use which makes it a VERY big problem, not only in your martial arts training but in your life A Boat Can Float in Water, But it can sink in it too. Praise be to Buddah

Serpent Guest
    While we're on the subject, can anyone sort me out with an ounce?

:D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You cannot defeat the Bronze Girls of Shaolin!

Sharky Guest
    i'm in for a henry

=================================
    What we really need is chicks with a whole new kinda orifice - Fish

Sharky, I should expect this level of immaturity from you after seeing your post titled "Hm." regarding the woman that lives next door to you. I think everyone who unfortuneatly read that post is a bit more ignorant now for doing so. - Spectre

All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Serpent Guest
    So, ounce for me, Henry for Sharky. Anyone else in? Let's see if we can knock up a lid and get a real good price!

(BTW Sharky - only an Henry? Lightweight!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    You cannot defeat the Bronze Girls of Shaolin!

Chang Style Novice Guest
    How much is a Henry? You kids and your wierd new slang.

I used to smoke about an ounce a month, or more. Good stuff, too, not schwag.