Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Sauce!

there is something called "devil 666 sauce," I've only eatin it once...never will again.

All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

In rural Louisianna we used to use A&D Crystal hot sauce. Tabasco was sold to the townies and yankees.

I rural Louisiana that crystal sauce prob. had crystal meth in it...

Dinosaur hot sauce is kind of tasty
    I'll have to go look in my cabinet.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Smile Flavorful hot sauce

Chinese homemade chili old is very flavorful. It usually is made of lots of garlic, shallots, red hot chili peppers, etc... The oil is orange red and quite flavorful. There is one very nice store bought hot sauce called Guailin (?). It's one of the best tasting ones.

If you are a Thai food lover, pour some fish sauce in a bowl and cut up some little thai green chili pepper. It's really is an acquired taste thing but if you tried it and you will grow to love it. Foods don't taste the same without it.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

so....... hungry......
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

For eggs and soups I like Goya hot sauce.

Those Thai chilies are amazing!

Unhappy

So..... hungry...... again.......
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Marinated shawarma in a Dürüm roll, with chilisauce & soft, smooth, hummus....

just trying to irritate Kristoffer

Lightbulb the Willie Swords hot sauce recipe

I dont mind sharing this with you guys:

4 ripe tomatoes(cut em up in to chunks)

2 medium sized white onions(chop em up)

4 serrano peppers(roast them in the toaster oven till the skin gets a bit chared)

2 dried ancho chili peppers( boil them until the outer layer of skin can be peeled off and you have left the pulp. De-seed it also, and discard the seeds and the outer skin)

3 cloves of garlic(good size, NOT a whole bulb)
    1 tsp of salt
    a pinch of cumin
    Combine all ingredients in to a blender or cuisinart and puree'.

now here is the trick. let this stuff settle and blend in naturally in the refridgerator.(a day)

its good shtuff
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Actually, that sounds rather good.

Never make my own hot sauce- but with chili, I'll usually use a thick beef steak, never hamburg.

What I do is pound a bunch of peppers into the meat first, let it set, then sear it, cut it up, etc. Not too shabby.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Thumbs up Yummo!

Willow Sword's soure sounds Tex-Mexiciuos!

I also love Thai Green Curry with Chicken or shrimp. I have also tried an Indoneisian dish that is like this:

You pound some red hot chili peppers and smear it sparingly (seed and all) on a whole sardine. Add some sea salt and wrap it with some bananas leaves. Grill it. When you put the fish in your mouth, your tongue would immediately go num. That's the hottest stuff ever that I have ever tasted. You just tear and sweat. Thank God for ice water.

BTW, always help to have very sweet desert after.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Post to expond on the recipe i shared

if you do make it and it seems as though it is too pastey. then just add a cup of the water you used to boil the ancho peepers in. it will be real dark and have that ancho taste.

As the thai green curry goes (gang Keow wan is what the Thai people call that) it is some good stuff. Thai food is my specialty.

TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Hot Sauce!

Yea, we totally need a thread here on hot sauce. This news item made me see our oversight. I'm not a big fan of Sriracha, but I will use it sometimes.

Southern California city: Odor from Sriracha chili sauce plant a nuisance

Sriracha chili sauce is produced at the Huy Fong Foods factory in Irwindale, Calif., on Tuesday, Oct 29, 2013. (AP Photo/Nick Ut)
    By JOHN ROGERS
    ASSOCIATED PRESS
    October 30, 2013, 9:28 AM

IRWINDALE — It looked like things were really starting to heat up for this little Southern California factory town when the maker of the Sriracha chili sauce known the world over decided to open a sprawling 650,000-square-foot factory within its borders.

Getting the jobs and economic boost was great. Getting a whiff of the sauce being made wasn't, at least for a few Irwindale residents. So much so that the city is now suing Huy Fong Foods, seeking to shut down production at the 2-year-old plant until its operators make the smell go away.

"It's like having a plate of chili peppers shoved right in your face," said Ruby Sanchez, who lives almost directly across the street from the shiny, new $40 million plant where some 100 million pounds of peppers a year are processed into Sriracha and two other popular Asian food sauces.

As many as 40 trucks a day pull up to unload red hot chili peppers by the millions. Each plump, vine-ripened jalapeno pepper from central California then goes inside on a conveyor belt where it is washed, mixed with garlic and a few other ingredients and roasted. The pungent smell of peppers and garlic fumes is sent through a carbon-based filtration system that dissipates them before they leave the building, but not nearly enough say residents.

"Whenever the wind blows that chili and garlic and whatever else is in it, it's very, very, very strong," Sanchez said. "It makes you cough."

Down the street, her neighbor Rafael Gomez said it not only makes him and his kids cough and sneeze, but gives them headaches, burns their throats and makes their eyes water.

If the kids and their dog are playing in the backyard, he brings them inside. If the windows are open, he closes them.

"I smelled it a half a mile away the other day when I was picking my kids up at school," he said.

The odor is only there for about three months, during the California jalapeno pepper harvest season, which stretches from August to about the end of October or first week of November.

"This is the time, as they are crushing the chilis and mixing them with the other ingredients, that the odors really come out," said City Attorney Frank Galante, adding Irwindale officials have gotten numerous complaints.

City officials met with company executives earlier this month and, although both sides say the meeting was cordial, the company balked at shelling out what it said would be $600,000 to put in a new filtration system it doesn't believe it needs. As company officials were looking into other alternatives, said director of operations Adam Holliday, the city sued. The case goes to court on Thursday.

"We don't think it should have ever come to this," Holliday said.

In one respect, Huy Fong is a victim of its amazing success.

Company founder David Tran started cooking up his signature product in a bucket in 1980 and delivering it by van to a handful of customers. The company quickly grew and he moved it to a factory in the nearby city of Rosemead. When it outgrew that facility two years ago he came to Irwindale, bringing about 60 full-time jobs and 200 more seasonal ones to the city of about 1,400 people.

He says his privately held business took in about $85 million last year.

His recipe for Sriracha is so simple that the Vietnamese immigrant has never bothered to conceal it: chili pepper, garlic, salt, sugar and vinegar.

"You could make it yourself at home," he told a visitor during a tour of the plant on Tuesday. But, he added with a twinkle in his eye, not nearly as well as he can.

The secret, he said, is in getting the freshest peppers possible and processing them immediately.

The result is a sauce so fiercely hot it makes Tabasco and Picante seem mild, though to those with fireproof palates and iron stomachs it is strangely addicting. Thirty-three years after Tran turned out his first bucketful, Sriracha's little plastic squeeze bottles with their distinctive green caps are ubiquitous in restaurants and home pantries around the world.

Even Galante, who is suing Huy Fong Foods, speaks highly of the sauce.

"It is a good product. The city has no issue with the product," he said. "They just want them to upgrade, as good neighbors, and not negatively affect the residents."
    I'm a classic Tabasco man, personally, although I used to be into this hot sauce called Scorned Woman.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I'm a big Cholula hot sauce fan. It's great by itself but it's really awesome when mixed with ranch dressing and used on salads and chicken wraps. Yummy!!!