Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
Have you adopted the side thrust kick? It always baffles that Nak Muay rarely employ this powerful technique. Some Thai Boxers have picked it up and include it in their arsenal, but generally it is not taught or used in MT. (Side teep is similar, superficially, but is employing different mechanics and different intent than a thrusting side kick with the heel.)
Is this kind of like a sidekick...where you fake a Teep/front-kick and turn it into a Sidekick? If yes, then this does work well vs. MT from my experience. It's very annoying. Only downside is that my nuts are wide open for accidents when they throw inside leg kicks. The general Sidekick also works well vs. MT, very annoying but both doesn't seem to do much damage usually. I've been Sidekick to the throat a few times, and that hurts but didn't stop the fight. This is why I pressure fight with hands a lot vs. Karatekas, K-F, etc. because they like to keep distance w/sidekicks.

I also find, in general, the fighting techniques of northern Gong Fu styles and Muay Thai to compliment each other nicely.
What's Northern Gong Fu like? I've sparred mostly with these guys: http://www.dennisbrownshaolin.com/

your video is a prime example of what happens to people who have never dealt with powerful leg kicks before. I'm sure that boxer was very tough, but people who aren't used to those types of leg kicks simply can't handle them...
The Black dude (Boxer), is Arthur Williams (or something)...and held 2 Boxing world titles and had a high win/KO record too. He was a little out of his prime in that video....but many Boxers seems to be very arrogant and thinks that they can beat up Kickers easily w/o needing to train how to address kicks. Although they only enter K-1 when they're out of their prime, can no longer get fights in Boxing and mostly, need the money. And K-1 loves bringing them in b/c it's a spectacle and sells tickets.