Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
I don't think anyone with street fighting or ring fighting experience thinks that a street fight is going to go on length wise like a prize fight does, but your body holds up to the amount of training you have done.

If a runner is training for a 5 mile marathon, he runs 10 miles.

If a swimmer competes by doing 15 laps, they practice doing 30 laps.

Better conditioning most always determines the outcome, no matter if it's a 25 minute combat sport match or a 30 second street fight.

Most instructors who tell people this are fat f**ks who can't walk a set of stairs with out getting winded!
Not really. I'll share another story. This is a true story.

There was an inmate at the prison where I used to work, he was in his mid 50's, was over weight and out of shape, but he was a boxer in his youth. He was noted for never losing a prison fight no matter the age or fitness of his opponents. These were prison streetfights, BTW, not sanctioned boxing bouts. He was also noted for knocking out his opponents.

After one particular knockout a work buddy of mine, who trains in Aikido, asked him how it was he always knocked out these younger more fit guys. The old guy said he just covered and took his hits until the punks gave him an opening, then he would hit them in the temple or on the chin, knockng them out.

Your response is the response of a novice. You may be physically skilled, or not, but you are a novice when it comes to strategy and tactics.

It doesn't always take fitness or a wide variety of skill, it takes patience and intelligence too. This is how old guys embarrass young guys.