Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How hard is it for a convicted felon to get a job?

How hard is it for a convicted felon to get a job?

Anyone know anyone in this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiked View Post
    It's usually not hard to find a job, it's finding a good job that can be difficult. There are also mitigating factors to consider too, like number, location and kinds of tats, educational status, and the crime for which one was incarcerated.

On the other hand, Johnny Cash and Machete are/were both felons, so you are limited by yourself in many ways.

I know plenty of people looking for work now...

...and they have clean records. Times are tough.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...and they have clean records. Times are tough.
    There is an auto parts store just down the street advertising for workers, Gene. I'll be a reference for you if you would like.

In Canada it seems to be much less of an issue. I was cleared to do electrical work on a prison after receiving a pardon. Worst job ever, BTW!!! The pardon was easy. I filled out an application and waited a few months. Cost a few bucks for records and all that. But in the end, relatively painless. I imagine it's not as easy in some states.

We don't have felons in Canada either. That' an American legal term.

But, yeah, you can get pardoned for crimes in Canada provided you don't have a life sentence I believe. Because life, is life.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

ask your father

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

But, yeah, you can get pardoned for crimes in Canada provided you don't have a life sentence I believe. Because life, is life.
    He stabbed another man in a self defense situation. The problem is he used a switchblade which is really really illegal. The drunk drugged up fool attacked him and he defended himself. Luckily the guy(who is also a convicted rapist in another state) survived.

So now the guy will have this felony on his record forever. It really is a shame because he is a smart guy who was dumb enough to have a switchblade on him.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

I love how you separate us. "That's an american term." People in India think of us as the same country as does most of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    ask your father
    My father was too tired from fuking your mother

My father was too tired from fuking your mother
    im not into incest.

im not into incest.
    YOu were born from incest. All mongolians were which is why they tried to take over China.

I love how you separate us. "That's an american term." People in India think of us as the same country as does most of the world.
    Ummm... no. They don't. That's some serious bubble shit right there. It's kind of like the drunk knucklehead at a party who says the dumbest shit and walks away thinking he got mad respect. That simply isn't the case. Individuals are just that, but as a whole, it's not a good look playbwoy.

YOu were born from incest. All mongolians were which is why they tried to take over China.
    you are too young to understand abstract logic. im saying im yo daddy.

you are too young to understand abstract logic. im saying im yo daddy.
    You are too young to understand abstract logic. I was saying we had the same father but different mothers.