Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How hard is it for a convicted felon to get a job?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Ummm... no. They don't. That's some serious bubble shit right there. It's kind of like the drunk knucklehead at a party who says the dumbest shit and walks away thinking he got mad respect. That simply isn't the case. Individuals are just that, but as a whole, it's not a good look playbwoy.
    I have talked to people in India. You are crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiked View Post
    You are too young to understand abstract logic. I was saying we had the same father but different mothers.
    did you fail high school or something? I can literally smell the stupid on you.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    did you fail high school or something? I can literally smell the stupid on you.
    Bro, your mom chose not to spit you in the sink. She was the stupid one.

Bro, your mom chose not to spit you in the sink. She was the stupid one.
    if your mother loved you, you would understand.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    There is an auto parts store just down the street advertising for workers, Gene. I'll be a reference for you if you would like.
    And where do you live? Fantasyland?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    And where do you live? Fantasyland?
    HOW DID YOU FIND OUT?????

When I find that dirty rotten squealer!

I have to say, the Canadian system sounds sensible, the US one is rife with abuse.

As for the original question, I don't know what field the person is trying to get a job in, but I do know that some companies recognize the system has problems and adjust their hiring practices accordingly, and some don't. Finding out which often involves starting at the bottom and showing your real character.

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Newbie View Post
    I have to say, the Canadian system sounds sensible, the US one is rife with abuse.

As for the original question, I don't know what field the person is trying to get a job in, but I do know that some companies recognize the system has problems and adjust their hiring practices accordingly, and some don't. Finding out which often involves starting at the bottom and showing your real character.
    Good to know. Thanks.

Good to know. Thanks.
    I happen to know that Bushnell is very good at employment practices, but they may not be in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Newbie View Post

That being said, if the charge is aggrevated assault, causing bodilly... attempted etc etc... it's not gonna go well for him with even the more tolerant employers. There are always employers who gladly hire felons of all sorts, but typically those are the shittiest jobs. The crimes being overlooked are mostly white collar and minor drug offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    That being said, if the charge is aggrevated assault, causing bodilly... attempted etc etc... it's not gonna go well for him with even the more tolerant employers. There are always employers who gladly hire felons of all sorts, but typically those are the shittiest jobs. The crimes being overlooked are mostly white collar and minor drug offenses.
    In the U.S., because the system never forgets, I know of employers who even give a chance to somewhat more serious stuff, though I'm imagine rape and murder are a hard sell.

I like the idea of the pardon you guys have up there. I think that's a great idea. People change and sometimes just do dumb stuff.

Also, what constitutes a crappy job? It's all relative. Most people would hate my job. It physical labor and I deal with spoiled milk on a daily bases. On the other hand, I left a desk job working for Immigration and the sheriff's office to do it. Im happier now than I've ever been.

As for the original question, we have a temp that's been working here for months that we want to get hired on. He's been turned down for full time employment once already because of some previous theft and drug charges. He's a decent guy and a hard worker. Much better than some of the guys that are already hired on here.

It just depends on the company. It's unfortunate.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb