Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: kicks to the balls

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Another one is tilting up the lead side hip.
    Indeed. I know there's good TKD out there and the kicks can be brutal but it's been so watered down in the U.S., kind of like many TCMA schools that the martial value has all but disappeared.

Brendan Lai called that a side cutting kick.
    I've always found it fascinating how many names there can be for the same technique. It would be nice if things could be standardized but then which language would it be in and who gets to decide? (Now where's that shrugs my shoulders emoticon?)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    so while training how many times have you been kicked in the nuts? and have you still been able to have kids after?
    Let me ask you, brother...... if I may call you a fellow brother??

How many times have YOU been kicked in the groin??
    BTW...it is no shame being kicked in the NUTS....
    but, you knew that, right?

Hmm..... as for me, about 19~27 times I guess.............live and learn...heheheh... and regards to kids, she ran off........ohhh, my!!

back in my tang soo do days, all the time, didnt even hurt much after a while, i dont have any kids,so maybe.... i have also kicked people in the balls in at least a couple of real fights. works well,but doesn't end the fight. push him,he will change at you wildly you quickly kick him in the nads,then after a few seconds stunned a few seconds later,they will charge again,and thenyou use your fist.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    push him,he will change at you wildly you quickly kick him in the nads,then after a few seconds stunned a few seconds later,they will charge again,and thenyou use your fist.
    Praying Mantis uses that as a strategy.

Head shot, groin kick, jump back. When he charges, counter and takedown. Very common sequence seen in forms.

too many times to count...

It happened a lot in my early tae kwon do training, it was hard core and no pads. Sometimes worse than others, rarely full on. Like any pain, conditioning is part of learning how it works.
    I learned you have a few seconds until the pain really swells up, and the SOB is usually fat and happy they just scored and are waiting for you to go green faced. You have a window to attack to surprise them, and then a little window while they try to figure out how they just kicked you in the balls and you didn't go down, to gather yourself. Its just instinct to drop to your knees, but unless you've been properly racked, its just pain, not injury.
    Worst, by far and without equal was running down a guy setting up a cross in Soccer and catching a full cross field tee off from about 2 metres square in the wedding tackle. When I put my hand down to check, I expected to pull back blood....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Yeah, I'm a soccer player too, played a lot of coed. I've seen guys get dropped many times...
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

i'm in the blue shirt...maybe the other night was karma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa2cx...ature=youtu.be
    I guess we are who we are

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Praying Mantis uses that as a strategy.

Head shot, groin kick, jump back. When he charges, counter and takedown. Very common sequence seen in forms.
    yeah man that **** works great,push him,he charges wildly kick him in the groin,when he returns wildly start striking in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    yeah man that **** works great,push him,he charges wildly kick him in the groin,when he returns wildly start striking in the face.
    Why wait until he returns to finish it? Aren't you giving up an opportunity to carry your advantage?
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Why wait until he returns to finish it? Aren't you giving up an opportunity to carry your advantage?
    Groin shot takes a second or so to have an effect.

Going in immediately is one option. But he probably can fire off a few shots before the pain hits.

Or you can wait for split second, then go back in.

Or you can let him try to come to you.

But attack while he is mentally or physically compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Yes, MANY times.....I would say over 10 but not quite 20! I have 4 children ages 22, 17, 5 and 3 months.

It all depends upon how hard you are kicked. If you actually rupture a nut you are in trouble and should go to the hospital. It is possible to die from that.

I have been kick in the balls so much unless someone gets me particularly good, I can keep going now.

I have also been kicked in the eye so hard I thought I lost my eye, I couldn't feel it. Kicked in the mouth so hard I thought I lost my front teeth, I couldn't feel them. And I have had at least 4 concussions, but only one knocked me out!

Your body can take a lot of punishment.

the real question is, were any of these ladies that you fought, ok?

and it doesn't take much to knock out your front teeth, and therefore you weren't kick that hard if they didn't get knocked out (especially at your age).

Quote Originally Posted by gunbeatskroty View Post
    and it doesn't take much to knock out your front teeth,
    Like the jaw, that is dependent on the person's individual physiology.

Quote Originally Posted by gunbeatskroty View Post
    the real question is, were any of these ladies that you fought, ok?

and it doesn't take much to knock out your front teeth, and therefore you weren't kick that hard if they didn't get knocked out (especially at your age).
    You really are a know nothing Pu$$y aren't you?

It takes quite a bit to knock out front teeth. I have been hit in the mouth 4 times so hard my teeth went through the skin of my lip, twice I couldn't feel my front teeth; they were jarred so hard. they were numb And I still have them and they haven't been cracked. You are way to young to know anything about what you are spouting tripe about.

Perhaps you are smoking too much meth.

You are not tough, no one here believes you are tough. All you are doing is repeatedly looking like a wannabe, weak, little insecure troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    You really are a know nothing Pu$$y aren't you?

It takes quite a bit to knock out front teeth. I have been hit in the mouth 4 times so hard my teeth went through the skin of my lip, twice I couldn't feel my front teeth; they were jarred so hard. they were numb And I still have them and they haven't been cracked. You are way to young to know anything about what you are spouting tripe about.

Perhaps you are smoking too much meth.

You are not tough, no one here believes you are tough. All you are doing is repeatedly looking like a wannabe, weak, little insecure troll.
    Haha oldtimer, I'm just asking a question....were those ladies ok afterward?
    Last edited by gunbeatskroty; 11-06-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Newbie View Post
    Like the jaw, that is dependent on the person's individual physiology.
    Yea, but don't forget to account for an old guy having an old jaw.