Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: kicks to the balls

Exclamation kicks to the balls

so while training how many times have you been kicked in the nuts? and have you still been able to have kids after?
    I guess we are who we are

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    so while training how many times have you been kicked in the nuts? and have you still been able to have kids after?
    MMA people like to claim that they will not feel a hit to the nuts in the streets because of adrenaline but they wear cups during matches and sparring for safety. You cannot base your opinion of getting hit there when you are not taking shots there.

I was sparring with a guy and I kicked him in the nuts by accident. He had a cup on and I am not sure if I hit under the cup somehow or just hit the cup hard. He went down so quickly I was in shock. A good ball shot will take anyone down, imo.

Yes, MANY times.....I would say over 10 but not quite 20! I have 4 children ages 22, 17, 5 and 3 months.

It all depends upon how hard you are kicked. If you actually rupture a nut you are in trouble and should go to the hospital. It is possible to die from that.

I have been kick in the balls so much unless someone gets me particularly good, I can keep going now.

I have also been kicked in the eye so hard I thought I lost my eye, I couldn't feel it. Kicked in the mouth so hard I thought I lost my front teeth, I couldn't feel them. And I have had at least 4 concussions, but only one knocked me out!

Your body can take a lot of punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Yes, MANY times.....I would say over 10 but not quite 20! I have 4 children ages 22, 17, 5 and 3 months.

I have been kick in the balls so much unless someone gets me particularly good, I can keep going now.

Your body can take a lot of punishment.
    that makes me feel better

my shifu has this habbit deeply ingrained into him of kicking there first... we were just play fighting a little in the park tonight when i tried a kick and bam! he dropped me with a really "light" tap to the balls lol

thats about the 5th time in a few months, he always promises not to aswel!
    Last edited by Pete; 11-01-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    I guess we are who we are

that makes me feel better

my shifu has this habbit deeply ingrained into him of kicking there first... we were just play fighting a little in the park tonight i tried a sidekick and bam! he dropped me with a really light tap to the balls lol
    A light tap is all it takes. Practice recovering as quickly as you can. A lot of the immediate drop to the ground is due to surprise. You will always react, cuz it hurts of course, but try not to drop at all and cover yourself, not your balls, while you are trying to recover, or even try to strike. It might not work, but eventually you will improve you reaction and recovery time.

It depends on a few things. Any strike can down anyone if it is hard enough and/or accurate enough. That being said, I've seen many people try to kick others in the nuts and just get beaten for it. If you go there, just understand that it may earn you a more aggressive ass kicking should it not be successful.

Even if it is on point, some people can fight through intense situations, others can not. I mean, some people get hit by cars and walk away only to collapse later and find out that there was some serious damage.

As martial artists I'm sure we can all relate to the broken hand thing. When fighting in a sport venue, the necessity to win isn't as strong as it is when you think you may get seriously injured or worse in a real fight. Being in a sport venue does give you a sense of security that is not always present in a real combat situation. Some people can do amazing things when they believe it means life or death. Others are just weak and give up. There is no one rule when it comes to these kinds of things. Skills, conditioning, heart, intelligence... they all factor in.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    ....when it comes to these kinds of things. Skills, conditioning, heart, intelligence... they all factor in.
    And being Canada-arian!

In mma matches you see guys get hit hard in the nuts and the ref doesn't see it and they fight through it. You see guys get hit and back right off hold up their hands and hope the ref steps in. You see guys get hit, keep fighting and then when the ref steps in they drop. That speaks volumes. Not hard to interpret what is going on there. Reaction is dictated by circumstance more than the strike itself. You can fight through it most of the time, even if serious damage is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    And being Canada-arian!
    Either that or we'll ask you nicely to please stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    In mma matches you see guys get hit hard in the nuts and the ref doesn't see it and they fight through it. You see guys get hit and back right off hold up their hands and hope the ref steps in. You see guys get hit, keep fighting and then when the ref steps in they drop. That speaks volumes. Not hard to interpret what is going on there. Reaction is dictated by circumstance more than the strike itself. You can fight through it most of the time, even if serious damage is done.
    how much getting kicked in the nuts hurts depends on how strong you are mentally.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    how much getting kicked in the nuts hurts depends on how strong you are mentally.
    That carries over to a lot of injuries, but still, there are other factors. Having experienced something like that first hand and having fought through it, even once, is a pretty big advantage over somebody who has not as far as taking a shot like that goes. Those who are most prepared mentally are the ones who have faced such adversity and proven to themselves that they can push through it. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. Knowhatimsayin!

Been kicked there, but I'm pretty sure that a ruptured testicle might affect me differently.

There is being kicked in the balls and then there is BEING KICKED IN THE BALLS !!

I've been kicked in the balls in the middle of fights and it wasn't enough to stop me and other times a tap is enough to knock me on my ass.

Now, a good kick that gets it done regardless of anything is the kind the injures pubic bone, now THAT is a kick !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    There is being kicked in the balls and then there is BEING KICKED IN THE BALLS !!

I've been kicked in the balls in the middle of fights and it wasn't enough to stop me and other times a tap is enough to knock me on my ass.

Now, a good kick that gets it done regardless of anything is the kind the injures pubic bone, now THAT is a kick !
    It's sort of scary when you say it.

I don't have nuts but birthed three kids...beat that pain!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong