Thread: Chee Kim Thong and Liu Wu Song of Wuzuquan's monkey lineage in Taiwan

Chee Kim Thong and Liu Wu Song of Wuzuquan's monkey lineage in Taiwan

"In 1967 Liu Wu Song, a master of Wuzuquan‘s Monkey lineage, visited Chee Kim Thong from Taiwan."

Does anyone know if this story is accurate? I can't help noticing the similarity of the name to Emperor Wu of Liu Song.

I have a feeling it's Fukien dialect for Liao Wu Chang, the Monkey Boxing king of Taiwan.

I know for a fact that "Liao" (I'm a Liao), is pronounced "Liu" in Ming Nan -nese.

I think unlikely, in those early days, GM Chee kept a very low proifle, did not teach much, except on a very small scale, and was still based in a small town in a rather remote location. And unlikely he travelled overseas much.

As for GM Chee's monkey style, he was highly skilled. It is part of our Five Ancestors style, and from verbal history, its a style he learnt at a very young age, from his grandmother, even befor he met his 5 Ancestors master. However, unlike other monkey styles that I see, ours is quite different. Its looks far more 'simple', hardly acrobatic although there are tumbles/rolls and low stances. But is very technical, paying attention to precision of movement and angles and of course speed. Requires a lot of training...