Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How is this technique supposed to be used????

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    it's in this 5 animal form of chan family choy lee fut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRFA5ssvsXA
    It's not Chan family, it's the Jiangmen line from Wong Gong.
    The technique is in the tiger form, tiger and dragon form, 5 animals form and continuous dual kicking form from that line.
    In terms of application it's a separating counter against a high attack.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Blog Entries
    It's not Chan family, it's the Jiangmen line from Wong Gong.
    ok sure......
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-05-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

curious i had to check that myself. i didn't see any connection to fut san either about wong gong. here is some of his info

Wong Gong aka Wong Ming Sang, was born in 1928 in the city of Kong Moon (Jian Men), Guangdong province of China. He began his study of Choy Li Fut Kung Fu when he was 10 years old from the famous Choy Li Fut Great-Grandmaster Chan Cheong Mo. Besides his great Kung Fu skill, he is also an expert in traditional Southern Chinese Lion Dancing . Each year when the city had its annual city parade and on all the other celebrations for different occasions, he was the lead lion head performer. He was also one of the senior instructors of Chan Cheong Mo's Hung Sing Studios in Kong Moon city.

When he was 17 years old, he met Great-Grandmaster Chan Yen, the chief instructor of the King Mui Village's Hung Sing studio. Wong Gong and Chan Yen got along quite well and Chan Yen invited Wong Gong to visit the King Mui Village. After Wong Gong paid respect to the original Hung Sing Studio founded by Chan Heung in 1836, he saw and admired Great-Grandmaster Chan Yen's fighting ability and his Choy Li Fut skills. He decided to ask Chan Yen to take him as a closed-door student. Chan Yen believed he was a good martial artist and a good student and accepted Wong Gong's request. When Wong Gong was 19 and 20 years old, he taught two branches of Hung Sing Studios for Chan Yen in the neighboring villages of King Mui as the head instructor.

In 1949, when China turned Communist, he went to Hong Kong to work as a traditional Chinese herbalist and acupuncturist. Although there were too many traditional Chinese medicine physicians in Hong Kong at that time, he was very talented and made his living as a marine seaman and worked on the ships as a carpenter and maintenance engineer for many years. Since Hong Kong was handed back over to China in1997, he has practiced Chinese medicine as a full time profession until today.

Wong Gong learned all of Choy Li Fut's unusual animal forms and the founder's special weapon, the Nine Dragon Trident and other advanced weapon sets from Great-Grandmaster Chan Yen. Grandmaster Doc-Fai Wong is his senior student and the primary representative of his teaching outside of China.

"Chan Family" in these discussions means the Chan Yiu Chi line as practised by Chen Yong Fa and the Choy Lee Fut ancestral association.
    There isn't some ****genous Chan family group that's everyone not descended from Jeong Yim. Wong Gong's line splits from Chen Yong Fa's at the first generation (his line is from Chan On Pak, not Chan Koon Pak).
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Blog Entries
    there are three main branches. Chan Heung. Jeung hung Sing. Tam Sam. everyone falls under one of these lineages. we all know chan family material isn't taught within Jeung Hung Sing's lineage. the idea of "chan family" Is not intended specifically blood line. if you are not buk sing or hung sing, you're chan fam. simple as that.

chan family= anynone connected to chan heung i.e. teaching same material, following same principals, approaches, concepts, philosophies, etc, etc.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-05-2013 at 03:39 PM.

chan family= anynone connected to chan heung i.e. teaching same material, following same principals, approaches, concepts, philosophies, etc, etc.
    Have you actually seen how diverse the various lines are?
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Have you actually seen how diverse the various lines are?
    sure. they all still filter through chan heung or jeung hung sing or tam sam.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    sure. they all still filter through chan heung or jeung hung sing or tam sam.
    Way to massively generalise in a massively inaccurate way.
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Blog Entries

I think we can all agree not all Chan Family is the same nor is all Hung Sing the same and all Buk Sing the same. The only thing I don't like in the photo is the extreme leaning back.

And for the record Wong Gong's CLF is a bit different becuase of the Chan On Bak stuff as there are a lot of differences with the direct family line material and the non-family stuff through Chan Koon Bak.
    Last edited by CLFNole; 11-05-2013 at 09:10 PM.

I think we can all agree not all Chan Family is the same nor is all Hung Sing the same and all Buk Sing the same. The only thing I don't like in the photo is the extreme leaning back.

And for the record Wong Gong's CLF is a bit different becuase of the Chan On Bak stuff as there are a lot of differences with the direct family line material and the non-family stuff through Chan Koon Bak.
    still goes back to chan heung. not jeung hung sing or tam sam.

regardless of their differences, buk sng and hung sing are still jeung hung sing's lineage. regardless of how different buk sing may be, they go back to tam sam. tam sam goes back to jeung hung sing
    Last edited by Snipsky; 11-05-2013 at 09:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    still goes back to chan heung. not jeung hung sing or tam sam.
    don't waste your time. the turns and twists CLF is taking these days are mind numbing.

regardless of their differences, buk sng and hung sing are still jeung hung sing's lineage. regardless of how different buk sing may be, they go back to tam sam. tam sam goes back to jeung hung sing
    Buk Sing's original root is Hung Sing. In the HSCLF forms they have, they're not much different than jeung hung sing's material. but this argument over silly stuff, i'm done with.

anyways, the five animal form isn't a Fut San Hung Sing form, nor is it Buk Sing either.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. We have this move in our Siu Sahp Jih but from a forward bow stance. With enough training it does seem to strengthen the back for those times when you take the risk of aching backward to drop under a high attack. Good training for recovering from a bad position.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    Frank thinks if you say something enough times it makes it true. And so year after year...

Blog Entries
    You will always be a loser eric. U waste of time its pretty funny how u try to act like u know something about clf history. You swear your words carry weight. Lame ass
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-10-2013 at 10:12 PM.