Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: kosoto gari

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    That's what happens when you are too smart for the room! I am surprised you aren't used to it by now!
    Sadly, unlike comedy, the stupidity on a forum vs. a comedy club has less to do with alcohol than it should.

That's what happens when you are too smart for the room! I am surprised you aren't used to it by now!
    oh, how true, how true

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Newbie View Post

before Sanjuro Ronin posts boobie pics.
    you say that like it's a bad thing
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    you say that like it's a bad thing
    I'm Irish. The difference isn't worth talking about.

No, both are outside sweeps, one is big and this one is small.

Kosotogari is osotogari before Sanjuro Ronin posts boobie pics.
    Well, I am familiar with the throw, I just never knew the name. I usually ignore names, to my own disadvantage. I can't even give directions to places, because I never know street names. I only know landmarks, Like turn right at the big oak tree and drive down to the green house and it is next to the barber pole, LOL!!

I'm Irish. The difference isn't worth talking about.
    Irish men like boobs, they even eventually grow their own
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Irish men like boobs, they even eventually grow their own
    Occasionally? Racist!

oh, how true, how true
    The burdens of greatness can tax the strongest of spirits!

Well, I am familiar with the throw, I just never knew the name. I usually ignore names, to my own disadvantage. I can't even give directions to places, because I never know street names. I only know landmarks, Like turn right at the big oak tree and drive down to the green house and it is next to the barber pole, LOL!!
    I'm the same way, I'm just trying to pick up some of the names now.

As for directions, don't even get me started.

I'm the same way, I'm just trying to pick up some of the names now.

As for directions, don't even get me started.
    Yeah, when I took Aikido I had to make flash cards to memorize the moves because they use the proper names in every workout. If I didn't do that though, I would never have learned them.

Even when I am introduced to someone, I immediately forget their name unless I make a special effort to remember it, and even then I may not remember it for long.

In fact. I used to have 6 people I supervised at work and I didn't learn their names for 2 years or so, and I worked with them every night!

Yeah, when I took Aikido I had to make flash cards to memorize the moves because they use the proper names in every workout. If I didn't do that though, I would never have learned them.

Even when I am introduced to someone, I immediately forget their name unless I make a special effort to remember it, and even then I may not remember it for long.
    For me, it's facial recognition, I simply don't have it. I recognize mannerisms over time. However, I teach at a university, and I can recognize a particular person's writing after only one reading.

For me, it's facial recognition, I simply don't have it. I recognize mannerisms over time. However, I teach at a university, and I can recognize a particular person's writing after only one reading.
    Interesting! I am good with faces, but not names. I saw a guy about two weeks ago in the parking lot of the local market. I used to work with him, but I haven't seen him in something like 15 years.

He knew my name immediately and called to me. I recognized him right off and knew where I knew him from and what we did together at work, but not his name. I had no clue what his name was. I told him I knew him but couldn't remember his name, so he reminded me. That was about two weeks ago, and I still don't remember his name, LOL!!!

Interesting! I am good with faces, but not names. I saw a guy about two weeks ago in the parking lot of the local market. I used to work with him, but I haven't seen him in something like 15 years.

He knew my name immediately and called to me. I recognized him right off and knew where I knew him from and what we did together at work, but not his name. I had no clue what his name was. I told him I knew him but couldn't remember his name, so he reminded me. That was about two weeks ago, and I still don't remember his name, LOL!!!
    I can't count the number of times I've pretended to know someone. If I don't know you enough to recognize facial mannerisms, I will almost never recognize you.

This has made some problematic situations with people I once dated briefly.

In fact. I used to have 6 people I supervised at work and I didn't learn their names for 2 years or so, and I worked with them every night!
    Oh, thank God I'm not the only one!

I have a very good memory about faces, places, events, etc., but remembering people's names has always been a challenge for me, unless someone's appearance and their name are both very distinctive. Even some people I know but not overly well, I have to stop beforehand and sort out their name in my mind before I talk to them sometimes. What's bad is most people remember my name, so I often reply to someone, 'Yeah, see you later', etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    What's bad is most people remember my name, so I often reply to someone, 'Yeah, see you later', etc.
    Ha, Yeah!! Me too!!

It's embarrassing. I have learned I have a visual memory though. When I remember something I am seeing it in my mind as I am recalling it.

If someone approaches me, and I don't recognize them, is kosoto gari appropriate?