Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flaws???

Flaws???

For example, .....................I am in an elevator with a guy, but.......suddenly, he attacks me for no reasons. He grabs me.....let's say........a bear hug. What do I do?

For example,............leisurely going up the floor on the escalator......then, this dude chokes me. What do I do?

For example,......playing football on the field. After the practice, I get sacked due to group of aholes who deemed me as "unfit' for their team. What do I do?

These are SOME of scenarios......................... would love to hear your solutions!
    And.... do remember my title, eh?

this is lame

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    this is lame
    not as lame as his "MMA is arrogant" thread.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

hahahah i feel you.

oKAy.......

sO, FOUr eGGSample.....I am wAlkiNg doWn tHe sTrEEt an d a PolAr BeaR StROllS up To Me an d sHooTs mE in tHe HeAd........

WHAT do i DO?

oR FOUr eGGSample.....I am SiTTiNG on THe JohN, A SOlaR EClipSe oCCuRS, It DIsLOdgEs AN As sterOId, that lANds in my sWiMMiNG p00l, wHICh CauSEs a tie DoLL wave waSShiNg thrOO my hOUSe and DRoWNing me.......

WHAT do i DO?

So, a troller approaches your thead on site and posts a lecture series about poo shu guanno being less familiar than groundfighting in silk. What do you do? Take a time out, or respond? Should I try to figure out who he may have been in his last troll incarnation?
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 11-03-2013 at 10:48 AM.

So.....I got to a public bathroom because i have a bad case of bubble guts. I pull down my pants, sit down and let it flow. then i realize there's no toilet paper!!! OMG what do i do?????

There is no alternative path.

this is lame
    Actually, this is good. This is more like reality. Martial artists who think that their muay thai roundhouse kick and grappling techniques will work in most REAL self-defense scenarios are kidding themselves. Tournament fighting, though teaching some necessary self-defense skills (timing, targeting, toughness, etc.), is still different than self-defense.

Here are some real situations that people I know have found themselves in:

1. A friend is pumping gas into his car. He is jumped by three guys. He has no room to maneuver and gets his ass kicked, because the martial art he trained in requires long ranged striking techniques.

2. A female neighbor is sleeping in her bed. She awakes to find a guy moving toward her bed. Fortunately, her screams scare him away.

My school practices long range kicking techniques and grappling. They are a good way of rounding out one's training and fighting skills. I know because I trained in and taught jujutsu before training in jujutsu was "cool". But if you are attacked while p1ssing at a urinal, you better have another fighting strategy. You better be able to fight up close and personal.

And if you practice grappling, have you ever practiced it while covered in sheets and blankets which can be used against you?

Not every self-defense situation happens in a parking lot, a bar or an area in which you can maneuver.

Not every self-defense situation involves only YOU. What if your wife and kids are present? What is happening to them if you can only engage one opponent at a time (like in grappling).

Train EVERY skill set you can, but especially those that are needed in REAL self-defense scenarios.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

what he attempted to do is lame. its not something most martial artists over look. its nothing new. if you're combat focused these are things your school touches on on a daily basis.

i still feel its lame

what he attempted to do is lame. its not something most martial artists over look. its nothing new. if you're combat focused these are things your school touches on on a daily basis.

i still feel its lame
    Since I don't read minds, I have no idea what he attempted to do. I can only see what he asked in this thread.

All of his questions were relevant.

Yes, they SHOULD be practiced in every school. But are they?
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 11-03-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Yes, they SHOULD be practiced in every school. But are they?
    i don't know. I can't see what all schools teach like reading minds. neither do i care. when i teach i will make sure they know what to do. until then, i'll keep learning. and i never said nor asked if you could read minds. but thanks for offering up that info.....now i know. you can't read minds.

Blog Entries
    So.....I got to a public bathroom because i have a bad case of bubble guts. I pull down my pants, sit down and let it flow. then i realize there's no toilet paper!!! OMG what do i do?????

DUDE!! I was eating a bowl of Hot Chili whilst reading this and laughed so hard some spice backed up the nasal passages!!!

ARRGGHGHH!!
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

DUDE!! I was eating a bowl of Hot Chili whilst reading this and laughed so hard some spice backed up the nasal passages!!!

ARRGGHGHH!!
    payback is a b1tch then cause your reply made me do some with the coke i was drinking.....almost chocked on it.

sorry hhahaha

Blog Entries
    Not sure the OP wants to get into serious discussion or not. There are so many not very serious discussions in the forum lately.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument