Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daoist Alchemy and TCMA footwork

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Well, going back to my OP...

I can demonstrate some very effective footwork, which I could explain via these theories ....

did theory create them OR

did the footwork always exist and they just found a way to explain them via these things?

Which came first
    If I had to venture a guess, I would say they found a way to make existing foot work conform to the theories...people like to re-engineer things for some reason...
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

I don't think the printed and graphic artifacts are necessary to learning, but they do have a purpose, one solved in other ways as well.

A smart fighter will be a better fighter.
    Rote learning is one thing, but fundamental. Mindfulness in training gives you more responsive and strategic skills to augment those core tools. Training aids like that make people think and consider their training, try new things, explore and develop personal style, as they explore masterfully crafted indecipherably pluralistic memes.

Connecting thinking and doing is the proof of the fighter, not the training aids.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Well, going back to my OP...

I can demonstrate some very effective footwork, which I could explain via these theories ....

did theory create them OR

did the footwork always exist and they just found a way to explain them via these things?

Which came first
    The smooth skin of young Thai boys.... Heaven!
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 11-05-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiked View Post
    Sure, Dave. Demonstrate the effective footwork for us in a compliant situation and then a non-compliant situation to prove it works. Or you can just put up a video of a real fighter and claim he is doing magical Chinese footwork.
    Chinese effection jus ituater you claim hen a re, Dave ing magical fork. Sure, Demon justrationst us ing magicand compliant put us inese footworks. Or you compliand then a real fork footwork for ant sit works. Dave inese footworks. Or us ing magical footworks.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    Chinese effection jus ituater you claim hen a re, Dave ing magical fork. Sure, Demon justrationst us ing magicand compliant put us inese footworks. Or you compliand then a real fork footwork for ant sit works. Dave inese footworks. Or us ing magical footworks.
    Agree for the most part but variations will still consist of Daoist solutions. Daoist Magical Fork Form: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6SB6...x=2&playnext=2
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 11-04-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Demonstrations by the Celestial Master. Uptown Daodojo.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Demonstrations by the Celestial Master. Uptown Daodojo.
    What a strange coincidence...I just came across his website earlier tonight...he offers to teach taoist magic floating head battle power...for a fee of course...

No, really.....
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.

Cymac is a member of the KFM forum. http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...er.php?u=56515
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 11-04-2013 at 09:46 PM.

PM him, Cymac is a member of the KFM forum.
    niceeee

Quote Originally Posted by Spiked View Post
    Sure, Dave. Demonstrate the effective footwork for us in a compliant situation and then a non-compliant situation to prove it works. Or you can just put up a video of a real fighter and claim he is doing magical Chinese footwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    Simple honest question. Does it matter? in my opinion it shouldn't. as long as it exists
    Not many questions or discussions on the BB matter. That doesn't mean they aren't interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    What a strange coincidence...I just came across his website earlier tonight...he offers to teach taoist magic floating head battle power...for a fee of course...

No, really.....
    Cymac is a member of the KFM forum. http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...er.php?u=56515
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    niceeee
    Hope you like the color yellow!

The source or theory behind something one finds useful is not particularly important, especially in Chinese metaphysics. It is either seen as useful or not.

Who cares what someone else uses to come up with ideas? Most of the analysis I've seen of using five elements is not particularly out there, even if the metaphysical basis is.

People approach Chinese philosophy and metaphysics as though it were Western philosophy and metaphysics. The difference is that, on the Chinese end, people actually sought to use it, which meant, in the long run, lots of practical approaches that may work regardless of whether the idea that inspired them is correct.

I don't know real fighters of any stripe not on the internet who worry about this at all. Not from judo, bjj, muay thai, boxing. Not a single one.

It's a hobby held by a narrow group who work at computers all day.

I discovered this by doing a reading from the i ching.

It's a hobby held by a narrow group who work at computers all day.

I discovered this by doing a reading from the i ching.
    Well, i hear the real deal to study is the G Ching

Quote Originally Posted by Snipsky View Post
    Well, i hear the real deal to study is the G Ching
    He not only sees the future in nacho cheese, but that the future is nacho cheese.

The forums are merely the first wave. We are in the fondu of the future, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Newbie View Post
    He not only sees the future in nacho cheese, but that the future is nacho cheese.

The forums are merely the first wave. We are in the fondu of the future, if you will.
    I thought we were in the chips of the future and the cheese was like the spice that must flow to propel us forward as the great galactic nacho kung fu overlords?

Do we have different bibles or something? Is this Nacho religion?
    Kung Fu is good for you.