Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knockout game

Hybrid View

Knockout game

Have you seen this new 'game' kids are playing in NJ? Called the knockout game.

Blog Entries
    It's not new per-say, 1st time I ever heard about it was in the 90's...mabe it's even older??

I remember watching tv and there was some news reporting with some street camera that showed a group (gang) of teenagers just waiting for some unsuspecting dude to walk by. Then BLAMO, cold clocked him in the side of the head as he walked past!!!

Goal was to be able to knock someone out with one shot.

I think that's what you're referring to?
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

I first heard about this stupid game, err, I mean assault around 10 years ago. Only a psycho coward would engage in this sort of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Subitai View Post
    It's not new per-say, 1st time I ever heard about it was in the 90's...mabe it's even older??

I remember watching tv and there was some news reporting with some street camera that showed a group (gang) of teenagers just waiting for some unsuspecting dude to walk by. Then BLAMO, cold clocked him in the side of the head as he walked past!!!

Goal was to be able to knock someone out with one shot.

I think that's what you're referring to?
    Yeah that's it, I had no idea it was that old I saw a video saying it was new, I guess not lol. Either way I can 'to wait until they hit the wrong person.

It's trending again sadly

At least, that's what the press is leading us to believe. I've seen a few reports on it recently too, Raipizo. Hard to say if it ever went away. There are a lot of stupid people out there. People still huff gasoline.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    At least, that's what the press is leading us to believe. I've seen a few reports on it recently too, Raipizo. Hard to say if it ever went away. There are a lot of stupid people out there. People still huff gasoline.
    Or do krokodil

I just started hearing about it last month when there were several incidents locally...an elderly man was killed....
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Found one of guy hitting a girl, the girl hits on the guy and when he's down the boyfriend runs over and basically punts his face in. Can't find the video right now but maybe someone else can.

Lightbulb

The big elephant in the room is that it's racially motivated. Black youths are attacking mostly white people. In New York Jews are getting attacked. No one wants to talk about this aspect though. Why is that? When Trayvon got shot all anyone could talk about was that Zimmerman was white(half white actually) and that t was racist. Now all the Al Sharptons having nothing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    The big elephant in the room is that it's racially motivated. Black youths are attacking mostly white people. In New York Jews are getting attacked. No one wants to talk about this aspect though. Why is that? When Trayvon got shot all anyone could talk about was that Zimmerman was white(half white actually) and that t was racist. Now all the Al Sharptons having nothing to say.
    I've actually seen a ton of stuff online trying to make it into a race thing...when the first news reports came out I didn't even think of it that way, just as delinquent youths, the papers didn't say anything about race...now that's all they talk about. Also a bunch of hoax and propaganda articles up now so it's getting harder to tell which ones are real...
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I've actually seen a ton of stuff online trying to make it into a race thing...when the first news reports came out I didn't even think of it that way, just as delinquent youths, the papers didn't say anything about race...now that's all they talk about. Also a bunch of hoax and propaganda articles up now so it's getting harder to tell which ones are real...
    Trying to make it into a race thing? It is a race thing unfortunately no matter how much people try to deny it by calling it random acts of violence. No one called Trayvon Martin's death a random a to of violence and it was one incident. This is many incidents that have been recorded. 27 known cases have been documented by the nypd and they all have one common denominator: black youths attacking Jewish people. If that isn't a race thing I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    Trying to make it into a race thing? It is a race thing unfortunately no matter how much people try to deny it by calling it random acts of violence. No one called Trayvon Martin's death a random a to of violence and it was one incident. This is many incidents that have been recorded. 27 known cases have been documented by the nypd and they all have one common denominator: black youths attacking Jewish people. If that isn't a race thing I don't know what is.
    The same NYPD that shoots unarmed black guys 41 times?

I never saw what the race was from the victims in my area, I was unaware of significant historical violence between blacks and Jews...maybe I'm just ignorant of it, but the Martin-Zimmerman thing brought out a whole lot of racist nonsense and the media ate it up/fueled it. They are sure trying hard to keep that kind of "dialogue" going, so I am always skeptical. I try not to pay any attention to those who have a vested interest in a "race war."

Kockout game, what would you do?

Thankfully I don't see much of this in the media any longer. But it is a question I have asked many elsewhere while it grabbed media attention. I consider it very serious. This " fun " can change lives in a second and not just for the puncher and the victim.

So, how would you respond? Disturbing video if only for the reason this was not a mutually agreed fight or any prior indications attack was imminent, ie a guy in your face. You may choose not to watch it. Innocent people minding their business getting slammed out of the blue for nothing they provoked. Some people have died as a result of this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-Z1fZ9F3s

I merged your post into our 2013 thread on this, boxerbilly...

...but then I thought, maybe the KOCKout game is a completely different game.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...but then I thought, maybe the KOCKout game is a completely different game.

LMFAO. Thanks Gene. The kind of dyslexia I have. I letter drop and reverse the order of sentences and paragraphs. When I screw up I sometimes( maybe often, lol) miss it still. It looks correct to me. Thanks for merging. I read though it. Yeah, made a lot here upset as well. Kock out game. Oh man.

So again, anyone. What would you do? How do you defend against it?