Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Knockout game

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    The big elephant in the room is that it's racially motivated. Black youths are attacking mostly white people. In New York Jews are getting attacked. No one wants to talk about this aspect though. Why is that? When Trayvon got shot all anyone could talk about was that Zimmerman was white(half white actually) and that t was racist. Now all the Al Sharptons having nothing to say.
    I've actually seen a ton of stuff online trying to make it into a race thing...when the first news reports came out I didn't even think of it that way, just as delinquent youths, the papers didn't say anything about race...now that's all they talk about. Also a bunch of hoax and propaganda articles up now so it's getting harder to tell which ones are real...
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I've actually seen a ton of stuff online trying to make it into a race thing...when the first news reports came out I didn't even think of it that way, just as delinquent youths, the papers didn't say anything about race...now that's all they talk about. Also a bunch of hoax and propaganda articles up now so it's getting harder to tell which ones are real...
    Trying to make it into a race thing? It is a race thing unfortunately no matter how much people try to deny it by calling it random acts of violence. No one called Trayvon Martin's death a random a to of violence and it was one incident. This is many incidents that have been recorded. 27 known cases have been documented by the nypd and they all have one common denominator: black youths attacking Jewish people. If that isn't a race thing I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    Trying to make it into a race thing? It is a race thing unfortunately no matter how much people try to deny it by calling it random acts of violence. No one called Trayvon Martin's death a random a to of violence and it was one incident. This is many incidents that have been recorded. 27 known cases have been documented by the nypd and they all have one common denominator: black youths attacking Jewish people. If that isn't a race thing I don't know what is.
    The same NYPD that shoots unarmed black guys 41 times?

I never saw what the race was from the victims in my area, I was unaware of significant historical violence between blacks and Jews...maybe I'm just ignorant of it, but the Martin-Zimmerman thing brought out a whole lot of racist nonsense and the media ate it up/fueled it. They are sure trying hard to keep that kind of "dialogue" going, so I am always skeptical. I try not to pay any attention to those who have a vested interest in a "race war."
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.

These kinds of assaults have been around forever.
    I think the media is making hay as usual.
    Stir the pot. Sell the ad space, get the ratings, think in a backwards old fashioned way, etc etc.

Many more people get shot to death each day than get knocked out by some *******.
    But that's not interesting enough unless it's a school or a mall or public place.

It is about perception more than anything else. Moulding it.
    You don't want to think that it is being done (perceptions being altered through massive info campaigns or dis info)
    But it is being done. It's been done for a long time too.

I don't believe it is any bigger a problem than any violent crime or criminal assault.
    It's a problem. there's a lot of problems with violent out of control people.
    Doesn't matter which culture you come from.
    That's a human thing.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Got to agree with DJ...

More nonsense...

http://news.yahoo.com/39-knockout-ga...012237553.html

I must say, IMO the very idea of a "hate crime" is fundamentally retarded...white, black or otherwise...

More nonsense...

http://news.yahoo.com/39-knockout-ga...012237553.html

I must say, IMO the very idea of a "hate crime" is fundamentally retarded...white, black or otherwise...
    Not really. You have to understand the foundation of hate crime came from a time when a particular ethnicity would commit (and get away with) severe crimes on another ethnicity. You can say, "yeah but its still just crime." But you have to take it from the cause of said crime. It's less relevant in this day and age, but don't demean the original issue facing minorities in the past. Those crimes were so brutal because they were fueled by racial hate.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Not really. You have to understand the foundation of hate crime came from a time when a particular ethnicity would commit (and get away with) severe crimes on another ethnicity. You can say, "yeah but its still just crime." But you have to take it from the cause of said crime. It's less relevant in this day and age, but don't demean the original issue facing minorities in the past. Those crimes were so brutal because they were fueled by racial hate.
    I don't demean the issues that minority groups faced, but if you drag someone to death behind your truck because your a racist or because he looked at you wrong, it just seems absurd to have different punishments for the same crime. Is one less heinous than the other? If I rob a bank because I don't want to work anymore, or I do it to give money to a charity, does it make a difference? Why should we favor the motive?

Under older laws, (or at least the enforcement and prosecution of the laws,) crimes against minorities weren't punished to the same extant as crimes against the majority. What was needed was equality in enforcing the law, not special laws for certain groups...that's was part of the problem to begin with.

Randomly knocking people out is not a new thing by any means. Sometimes it's racial, sometimes it's not. Douchebags all around.

Personally, I think the whole thing is being blown out of proportion. People are attacked everyday over tons of different things. Why should this get more attention than any of the others? Is it worse if they don't take your wallet?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Randomly knocking people out is not a new thing by any means. Sometimes it's racial, sometimes it's not. Douchebags all around.

Personally, I think the whole thing is being blown out of proportion. People are attacked everyday over tons of different things. Why should this get more attention than any of the others? Is it worse if they don't take your wallet?
    Media blows everything out of proportion, anything to incite fear and panic...a few years ago I was in downtown Bangkok during the Red Shirt riots, people in the States started messaging me asking if I was ok. I looked at the US version of Yahoo News on my laptop and the headline was something like "Bangkok Burning Down!" It showed a picture of the skyline all smoke and fires. I went outside and there was literally nothing out of the ordinary. The whole thing was a one block area where some protesters were burning some tires, but the pictures and videos made it look like a massive riot with buildings burning everywhere. Thai people were mad and asking me why they were saying this stuff on the world news....blew my mind, basically nothing at all going on and I'm watching the news totally distort, manipulate and blow everything insanely out of proportion...I've never trusted the media since....

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Thought crime is a tough one. Same with pre crime. I'm sure we could make a 20 page thread discussing the finer points of both.

What you are thinking of doing, what you think while doing and what you are doing are all very different and quite often very hard to pin down. The latter is what I think the focus should be on, as far as charges are concerned.

I don't believe conspiracy to commit should be a crime unless a real attempt was made to commit. I think that your motivation for a crime is something that should be considered during the investigation and during sentencing. Why you did something wrong isn't as important as the fact that you did. Once found guilty, then it should be a factor in deciding punitive action.

Hate crime laws are a result of a history that quite often turned their eyes to crimes involving race, religion etc etc... Swinging the pendulum too far the other way doesn't fix the problem though. It's always a struggle, and that struggle is important. Look what happens when we get comfortable or set in our ways. We strive for stability and security, but in reality we must always adapt. Forever. There is no comfortable end where we're all good. Such is the life.

Media blows everything out of proportion, anything to incite fear and panic...a few years ago I was in downtown Bangkok during the Red Shirt riots, people in the States started messaging me asking if I was ok. I looked at the US version of Yahoo News on my laptop and the headline was something like "Bangkok Burning Down!" It showed a picture of the skyline all smoke and fires. I went outside and there was literally nothing out of the ordinary. The whole thing was a one block area where some protesters were burning some tires, but the pictures and videos made it look like a massive riot with buildings burning everywhere. Thai people were mad and asking me why they were saying this stuff on the world news....blew my mind, basically nothing at all going on and I'm watching the news totally distort, manipulate and blow everything insanely out of proportion...I've never trusted the media since....
    Yeah. The 24 hour news cycle.

Manufactured drama in between BP commercials. It's not very subtle anymore, is it. I try to stick with print. Not that they are all good, but generally better IMO. It's dying though. Lately all these people do is run each others stories. There is a VERY small percentage great reporters out there, the rest are just leaches.

A lot of people are pretending this is a new game but it is just a copycat, and a terrible one at that. Any person who maliciously, and with intent to do bodily harm to another, should always be punished to the full extent of the law.
    Back in the UK in the 1960s, Pak' bashing was a sport of the hooligans', where the skinheads would attack Pakistani and Indian looking individuals and literally 'knock them out' because they appeared weaker than the other groups of immigrants.
    In parts of Russia and Eastern Europe, a similar thing was done to the Asian looking and some Caucasian (Georgians, Chechens, etc) groups collectively know as 'chernozophy' (black asses) by their Russian neighbours.

The knockout game is nothing new but it is definitely a symptomology of a sick society. Lock and load

Not surprising with an uptick in this after Ferguson.