Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Knockout game

Kockout game, what would you do?

Thankfully I don't see much of this in the media any longer. But it is a question I have asked many elsewhere while it grabbed media attention. I consider it very serious. This " fun " can change lives in a second and not just for the puncher and the victim.

So, how would you respond? Disturbing video if only for the reason this was not a mutually agreed fight or any prior indications attack was imminent, ie a guy in your face. You may choose not to watch it. Innocent people minding their business getting slammed out of the blue for nothing they provoked. Some people have died as a result of this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U-Z1fZ9F3s

I merged your post into our 2013 thread on this, boxerbilly...

...but then I thought, maybe the KOCKout game is a completely different game.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...but then I thought, maybe the KOCKout game is a completely different game.

LMFAO. Thanks Gene. The kind of dyslexia I have. I letter drop and reverse the order of sentences and paragraphs. When I screw up I sometimes( maybe often, lol) miss it still. It looks correct to me. Thanks for merging. I read though it. Yeah, made a lot here upset as well. Kock out game. Oh man.

So again, anyone. What would you do? How do you defend against it?

Situational awareness plays heavily into this scenario. I've noticed most of the folks that have been victimized by this "game" were caught completely unaware.

To be honest, anytime I approach a blind corner or alleyway, I've trained myself to glance before I move into the line of fire, and in general tend to keep a watchful eye on people around me.

But, then again, I have (thankfully) not been tested yet on this one, so, who knows?

Seems like a swift and pre-emptive side kick to the attackers knee (Ala Jeet Kune Do style) might stop him in his tracks. But, then again, this would have to be conditioned until reflexive.

Even the concealed carry guys don't stand a chance with a sudden, random attack like this.

just sayin'...

herb ox

Quote Originally Posted by herb ox View Post

Even the concealed carry guys don't stand a chance with a sudden, random attack like this.

herb ox

That was my conclusion as well. If you don't see it coming there is nothing you can do. Nothing. Being aware or built like a monster are probably your only chance of not being attacked. As you pointed out. Most people are completely absorb inside their head, on the cell and a list of other things. Glancing up just enough to avoid collision. Even I am guilty of that. As I said in another post, it becomes a unrealistic goal for most of us to be turned on 24/7 while out and about.
    Like you, I try to do my best to keep mindful of it when things look sketchy.

I found it a bit disturbing when I was seeing news reports of people cashing in on that problem. Then I saw what they were teaching. I'm sure glossing over the keep your eyes open and showing things that will not help on the physical side. Some offered free lesson but again it was stuff that just did not apply to the scenario. It was at best after the fact stuff and most was questionable to me. I'm sure some meant well but others were cashing in and clearly selling false promises.

I am not sure if any police departments around the country offered any classes. If so, I would hope and assume they focused almost completely on prevention and not combating.