Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: bak mei video

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    Not entirely true. Before the introduction of mufflers and the New Queensbury rules, bare knuckle boxing included a fair amount of gouging, purring, wrassling and hurling. It was conceptually very similar to MMA. In America, especially in the Appalachia it was referred to as rough and tumble.
    gouging happened but was always illegal

wrestling is not bridging or chin na

purring is shin kicking and was NEVER legal
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    gouging happened but was always illegal

wrestling is not bridging or chin na

purring is shin kicking and was NEVER legal
    gouging and purring were legal in 1800s

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Thumbs up Application

Hello all,

I thought the spring power - short, shocking power looked very good. The video itself is nicely done. He has a good appreciation for application - I learned a few new interesting concepts that hadn't occurred to me before, especially from Gau Bo Toi. Foot work looks good too - hard to tell how rooted he is, but his rising and sinking is well coordinated.

Thanks for posting the link!

AQ

My Bak Mei video

My expressions are not the gospel to all, but they work for me. Unlike many others, I am not offended by opinions or constructive criticism. There are many ways avenues that can lead to the same destination and not every avenue is meant for everybody. The first step in my training is imitate my masters for it is the greatest form of flattery. Only later do I add my own spice. As far as bou faht, no matter if one faces Southpaw or orthodox to an opponent, I make sure I am content with countering the "what if's". One should be able to transition from one shape to another without breaking structure and flow. For those who can see it, I went through the Jik Bo, Gau Bo, and Sup Bot Mor Kiu in sequential order.. Yes, I can bare knuckle fight. There's not really much I wouldn't share these days because I'm not asking for an occult, nor am I out to prove others ways wrong. I may not find some work appealing, but I justify myself for the most part. If anyone wants a video response, inbox me on YouTube. IMHO CLC BM needs more men to step it up. I'm just getting started.