Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how about this for a quote

how about this for a quote

do people really not get the fact that if you "make up" a system, attributing it to some hoary mystical entity gives it instant caché, where as attributing it to yourself is horribly uncouth and jejune...
    this came up RE the mythical origins of Taiji at Wudang under Zhang San Feng

you can probably figure out which former poster originated this fine quote, but even if you can't we can discuss it
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

傻瓜

You ever comment on something that you are well studied in only to have some jerk tell you "who do you think you are? You're just some random internet fool, I want to see a certified paper from a doctor on the subject!!!"

However, if you make a comment, attribute it to an authority or a perceived authority on the matter at hand and no one says anything.

I think it's a human trait to contest what is in front of you and accept something you cannot contest immediately through a person.

This probably explains the tenacity of organized religions for one thing. It also explains a lot of the chest thumping and sh1t talk as we see so often in this particular genre of communications that is the typical martial arts forum.

Bodhidharma? Jesus? Zoroaster? Socrates? Moses? Did these people really and truly exist? Don't answer that anyone, because trust me, you don't know despite what you or I might believe.

Frustrating eh?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Bodhidharma? Jesus? Zoroaster? Socrates? Moses?
    of that list, two DEFINTELY 110% were real people, two almost certainly were people and one probably wasn't .....

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    of that list, two DEFINTELY 110% were real people, two almost certainly were people and one probably wasn't .....
    Yes, but which ones? lol

110%...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Yes, but which ones? lol
    you figure it out

this came up RE the mythical origins of Taiji at Wudang under Zhang San Feng

you can probably figure out which former poster originated this fine quote, but even if you can't we can discuss it
    six harmony spear traces back to a robber

praying mantis back to "wang guy"

chen taiji back to their patriarch who failed military exam and ran home

these were normal people

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

woah that guy is a pro 30 dan belts
    I guess we are who we are

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    woah that guy is a pro 30 dan belts
    Shoot, I've got 30 fan belts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Shoot, I've got 30 fan belts!!!
    I've got more than 30 ban belts.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I have a Tan belt....

I have a Tan belt....
    A few more years and you'll need a bran belt!

This you know because??? Always interesting when people have conclusions based on heresay about people that may or may not have existed thousands of years ago.
    You are entitled to your opinion of course...certainly not based on anything factual.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost