Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russian President Vladimir Putin

What to you all think?

Should MartialArtsMart carry this?

Vladimir Putin stars in judo DVD
    Thursday, October 9 2008, 14:10 BST
    By Simon Reynolds, Entertainment Reporter

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has released an educational judo DVD.

Putin, a martial arts black belt, is seen in a judo robe throwing his practice partner to the floor.

Addressing the camera, he said: "In a bout, concessions are permissible but only in one case - if it is for victory."

Putin's former instructor Anatoli Rakhlin credited the politician with the rise in popularity of martial arts in Russia, saying: "It's important that our Prime Minister is a sportsman and not a drunk.

"Victory is an integral part of judo. It goes back to when a Japanese master looked at a cherry tree laden with snow. The branches bent - but then flung the snow off. It's about giving and then winning."
    Learn martial arts with Russian PM Vladimir Putin
    Posted: October 08, 2008, 4:39 PM by Ronald Nurwisah

Wow. Is there anything Vladimir Putin can't do? The man rescued a TV crew from a Siberian tiger, flies fighter jets and invades small former Soviet states without breaking a sweat. So what's next for everyone's favourite world leader (sorry Sarkozy, even your hot wife can't win us over)? Teaching Russian kids judo, that's what.

Along with being a former KGB agent and political strongman, Putin is also a black belt Judoka. For the tape, "Learning Judo with Vladimir Putin" he enlisted the help of former world champion Yasuhiro Yama****a.

Hmm, it might be funny if other world leaders get into the act. Basketball basics with Barack Obama? Playing the piano with Stephen Harper? Horseback riding with George W. Bush. The possibilities are endless.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Absolutely yes!!!!
    Last edited by SimonM; 10-09-2008 at 10:28 AM.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Its a well know fact that Judo training leads to dictatorship-like ideology and a fine sense of wine.
    Judo is not for the democrat, heck, no MA is for people that believe in equality or democracy.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Zomg rotflmfao!!!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Its a well know fact that Judo training leads to dictatorship-like ideology and a fine sense of whine.
    ?????
    That looked like you were talking about Democrats.... so I fixed it for you.

Judo is not for the democrat, heck, no MA is for people that believe in equality or democracy.
    Especially if it requires enough sense to get in out of the rain. (or wear a rain-coat/"rubber")
    OTOH, Democrats don't really believe in either...... unless you go by their own patented off-the-wall definitions which have a rather remarkable resemblance to those of a communist dictatorship.

You yanks have a REAL funny idea of what constitutes communist dictatorships don't you?

You realise that in pretty much every other country on earth the Democrats would be seen as a right-centerist party, don't you?

Aaany ways let's steer this back away from politics.

And back to Judo... Judo is fun.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    You yanks have a REAL funny idea of what constitutes communist dictatorships don't you?

You realise that in pretty much every other country on earth the Democrats would be seen as a right-centerist party, don't you?

And back to Judo... Judo is fun.
    Judo is fun on the surface, deep down it is a path to a dark, powerful power, a corrupting power that takes hold of your very soul and puts you into a Hadakajime !

But the figure four RNC is such fun!
    Simon McNeil

But the figure four RNC is such fun!
    That's how they get you, then they "allow" you to do ne waza with one of the better looking female students then, beofre you know it you are in her Sankuku Jime !!
    Ah, sweet bliss....

Ok, laughing so hard that I have run out of letters to emote how funny that was.
    Simon McNeil

"It all starts with" that PC/"Politically Correct" BS.... and goes from there.

I can't help what other countries think is "right"/"centrist"/"whatever".

Probably a "good idea"... and one of your better ones, at that.

Look in Putin's eyes - do you see KGB?

I know what I see when I look in Bush's eyes - CIA
    Vladimir Putin released a video called "Let's Learn Judo with Vladimir Putin." It's a martial arts tape. He teaches Russian judo students how to punch, kick and knock down your opponent and if that doesn't work, poison his Gatorade after the match.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by bakxierboxer View Post
    "It all starts with" that PC/"Politically Correct" BS.... and goes from there.
    Like I said... REALLY funny notion about what constitutes a communist dictatorship.
    Simon McNeil

Like I said... REALLY funny notion about what constitutes a communist dictatorship.
    Heh!
    PC is the starting point for the "Big Brother" "Thought Police".

Russian President Vladimir Putin has been awarded the highest rank in taekwondo?

My Goal In Life Is To Be A Better Person Today Than I Was Yesterday. Martial Art Is One Of The Tools I Use To Achieve This.

The Equation For Good Kung Fu Is Based On Four Simple Principles Breathing, Relaxation, Continues Movement, Structure. Working Them Under Pressure Is What Good Kung Fu Training Is About.

You Have To Breath To Relax, You Have To Relax To Move, You Have To Move To Keep Structure

My Video Page
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dcrjradmonish