Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Can TCMA and Christianity mix?

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    In the Pagan philosophies of the time (200 A.D?) they also use triune formulas.
    This is where Christianity adopted a trinitarian doctrine. The word "trinity" is not in the Bible.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

The diagram above is interesting in that it defies logic. This concept rests in an understanding beyond everyday thought, which makes perfect sense. My limited understanding of the middle way in Buddhism is similar in that it is ultimately beyond conceptualization.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    if the epitome of CMA is dancing like a transgender Uyghur acrobat with down syndrome, then by all means.

When mixing ideologies, it comes down to how strict you are about those ideologies. If you are a fundamentalist on either side and believe that it is the truth, the whole truth and the ONLY truth, then no, they can't mix. If you are willing to compromise, then yes, you can. In my mind it's just that simple.

As far as the trinity being adopted into christianity later, most of christianity is either an adaption or a straight jack on older beliefs. Usually adopted in order to appease specific groups for the purposes of conversion. But some were there from the get go because they were previously held beliefs by the "original" believers. I didn't say that very well, but you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    When mixing ideologies, it comes down to how strict you are about those ideologies. If you are a fundamentalist on either side and believe that it is the truth, the whole truth and the ONLY truth, then no, they can't mix. If you are willing to compromise, then yes, you can. In my mind it's just that simple.

As far as the trinity being adopted into christianity later, most of christianity is either an adaption or a straight jack on older beliefs. Usually adopted in order to appease specific groups for the purposes of conversion. But some were there from the get go because they were previously held beliefs by the "original" believers. I didn't say that very well, but you know what I mean.
    Well said.

Question for people who are more read up on the Bible than I am:

Somewhere in the New Testament there is a quote that goes something like this:

Jesus said: "I and My Father are One."

How can this be interpreted? Does it mean that Jesus was a "Man of God", thus close to "His Father", therefore becoming as One, or does it mean that Jesus "was/is God." Also, do these concepts relate to the holy trinity at all?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by MarathonTmatt View Post
    Somewhere in the New Testament there is a quote that goes something like this:

Jesus said: "I and My Father are One."
    I believe this is the verse you are referring to.

John 14:9
    Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

How can this be interpreted?
    I'm willing to bet a few different ways.

Doctrine of trinity has three members of the Godhead. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

God is one, in three persons...of sorts.

Doctrine of Oneness believes God is a spirit, (the Father) who entered the Son, (Jesus the man,) like demonic possession, but the Holy, not demonic kind.
    The Holy Ghost is the spirit of God. Since God is an omnipresent spirit, he can send His spirit to whom he will.

God is one with three, (or more) manifestations.

I know it sounds like splitting hairs, but to some folks, the two camps are straight Sunni/Shiite.
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

emperor constantine basically flipped a coin and decided to suppport trinity over arianism to form a united church. the trinity is a joke.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-14-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

at the time there were multiple people thought to be massiach, such as honi the rainbringer. there were 3 or 4 jesuses, thats why jesus was known as the jesus "from nazareth".
    Most excellent tid-bit of information, sir. I wonder if "Honi" is where we get the word "horn y" from.
    Last edited by MarathonTmatt; 08-14-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Most excellent tid-bit of information, sir. I wonder if "Honi" is where we get the word "horn y" from.
    jewish historian josephus explains nicely the political atmosphere of the time that led to massiach fever. its free online.

1. There are MANY people with stories similar to Jesus, one is actually JUDAS the Galilean (note the name!)

2. There is no "Nazareth"... Jesus was most likely a Nazarene

3. There is a body of work emerging discussing James (Jesus' brother) and "Jewish Christians" and why they went extinct vs the Pauline Greek pro Roman church

4. After Nicea, a lot of Jewish Christians were told they couldn't be Christians anymore, and became Muslims eventually
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

jewish historian josephus explains nicely the political atmosphere of the time that led to massiach fever. its free online.
    Yes, you're right I have heard what you are saying before, I have a pal who used to be a theologian who has his own radio show.

Yes, you're right I have heard what you are saying before, I have a pal who used to be a theologian who has his own radio show.
    regardless of whatever religion or cultural or political belief, the most important thing in life is to produce offpring and continue your genes. when you realize that you neither hate or love religion.

whether tcma and chrsitianity can mix is a pointless question because there are almost no real christians. most christians these days fornicate before marriage and support gays. inhaling demonic spirits and moral implications of burning incence to oriental action figures is the least of their worries.

when you dont even know how to pronounce the name of your own god, worrying about compatibility with exotic calisthetics is moot.
    Last edited by bawang; 08-14-2014 at 10:11 PM.

I am a very devout Christian and I love the TCMA. I'm still a virgin, waiting till marriage, don't drink, smoke or cuss. There are differing reasons for each moral though. I am fully aware that I'm in the extreme minority bug it cool. As far as the mixing goes, I'm a full believer that they can. I teach tai chi and will be bai seeing (sp?) in October to my Sifu. YAY!!! But yeah, so there's that.

regardless of whatever religion or cultural or political belief, the most important thing in life is to produce offpring and continue your genes. when you realize that you neither hate or love religion.

whether tcma and chrsitianity can mix is a pointless question because there are almost no real christians. most christians these days fornicate before marriage and support gays. inhaling demonic spirits and moral implications of burning incence to oriental action figures is the least of their worries.

when you dont even know how to pronounce the name of your own god, worrying about compatibility with exotic calisthetics is moot.
    Totally agree 100% with all of that! A lot of people just stick with whatever faith they grew up with and never question anything. For instance, I do not believe I have to go through a priest for anything "holy." I can just pray for myself and be diligent, knowing I try my best in my own way. No one ever questions "the Church" or the clergy, etc. For instance, if we are not Christian or whatever, and we do not pay taxes to these people, then we are godless heathens and not even human. (less than human.) That was the Inquisition in the Mediterranian/Europe, and the witch trials, and that was the colonial attitude in the America's, Africa's, Asia, Macro-nesia, etc. Now it is like everything is somehow okay and the Pope is just some nice old man, and tourists who flock to the Vatican try to touch him thinking he will heal them like Jesus or something, but then the bodyguards tackle the person(s) to the ground for trying to touch the Pope- okay, sure- if that's "holy" I must be missing something.

Don't get me wrong though, I am not a Bible-basher, in fact I appreciate history and can appreciate the Bible. "neither hate or love religion." Well said.

And I would also add that there are a lot of rabbi's, preachers, and priests who do wonderful things for their communities throughout the world. I am not bashing anyone's religion or faith or the Bible, I just want to make that clear.
    Last edited by MarathonTmatt; 08-15-2014 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    It is a human concept. Perpetuated by humans.
    A trinity concept isn't that hard to get though. It's a common thread in a lot of religions.

Heaven> Earth> Man for instance.

1>2>3>10,000

Vishnu/Bramha/Siva

Jesus/God/ The Holy Spirit

and so on it goes.

It can't be reconciled because it demands faith. It has nothing at all to do with reason, logic or rationale.
    The only difference is the "oneness" of the Trinity doctrine.
    Honestly I don't find it that hard to understand myself BUT I never came at it with any preconceived notions of what I thought it meant...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !