Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Can TCMA and Christianity mix?

Regarding what not to do, 'You shall not murder' is more appropriate than 'You shall not kill'. Because there are circumstances when taking a life may be justified, but murder can never be justified.

If you're not a Buddhist, Taoist, or non-religious spirit you should not practice Kungfu or eat Chinese food, leaves more for me. Especially eggrolls and plum sauce. https://www.google.com/search?q=chin...w=1440&bih=807
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 11-17-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    So, the idea that Jewish believers converted to Islam is highly unlikely, since their movement had died out a couple hundred years before.
    There were Jews who lived amongst the Muslim tribes but as time progressed the latter became very antagonistic towards the other 2 religions. Christians were a strong part of the Middle East but intolerance drove down the numbers over time.
    Many times, the Jews acted as intermediaries between Muslims and Christians.
    My time frame is 711-1492

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Regarding what not to do, 'You shall not murder' is more appropriate than 'You shall not kill'. Because there are circumstances when taking a life may be justified, but murder can never be justified.
    This supposes that we all don't follow the rules as given.

To that end, yep, it takes one person to screw it up for millions.

As for Christianity, for the most part, Christians can't get along among themselves, subscribe to different things and go out of focus all over the place about what's important. Judging by all the people in prison and the level of homelessness and wanton greed and lust for power that is exercised I'd say there aren't many Christians in North America anyway.
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 11-18-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    If your opponent punches on your right side of your face, you suppose to let him to punch on your left side of your face. If your opponent doesn't do that, you should punch yourself on the left side of your face, and help him to knock you out.
    Fighting is a means and not an end.

To achieve your tentative compromise or peace is the end.

We fluctuate between fights and tentative truces all the time.

There are many people that like Ye Fei the general fighting for Southern Song dynasty.

There are not that many people that like Qin Kuai the minister negotiated for a truce among Jin, Liao and Song.

Yin and yang coexist.

War and peace coexist.

Turing your other cheek or exchanging fists coexist.

It is a circle of Tao.

It is

--

We may find conflicts of interests between 2 parties or 2 songs.

We may also find harmony or mutually acceptable compromise/middle ground between 2 parties or 2 songs.

Listen to 2 different tunes of songs. And then listen to the harmony of 2 different songs.

Arts of wars and arts of peace.

That is.

The only issue that any Christian can have with any for of MA is if that MA advocates worship of any kind of spirit or deity.
    Christianity has no specific doctrine of "non-violence" other than a few interpretations of "turn the other cheek".
    The issues of "just war" or "holy war" are man-made.
    Theocratic war was done only in YHWH's name and ONLY be sanction of YHWH via a proven prophet and that time has passed and then some.
    Christianity leaves the use or non-use of violence to the individual believer, after all, it is HIM/HER that will answer to God for what they do and why they do it.
    As for the rest of this thread and some of the "educated" views on Christianity, all I can say as I have said before is that Google does NOT = knowledge.
    I though I had a good understanding of Christian doctrine myself but I was shown have very lacking that was in the first year of Theology class.
    Truly, we do NOT know as much as we think we do.
    Religious doctrines are never simple and reading MA debating them is like reading about two rabbis arguing about wing chun because they saw IP Man.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Last edited by bawang; 12-09-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Team Rock

More pix if you follow the link.
    Martial Arts group takes ‘leap of faith’
    Last updated: August 12. 2014 9:15PM - 154 Views
    By Jason Strickland - jstrickland@civitasmedia.com

The State Fair brings a variety of people and entertainment to the fairgrounds, but one group of entertainers has created a completely different life for themselves.

Team Rock performs martial arts three times a day on the Ditzfeld stage, breaking concrete blocks and flaming wooden boards in a variety of ways.

But their fair shows are only a small part of what they do all year.

“We are also a Christian ministry group so we do a lot of creative outreach for Christianity, which allows us the opportunity to travel all over the place,” said Team Rock member Kyle Palmer.

The 33-year old helped start the team in 2009. He said the United States didn’t have an extreme breaking team, so Team Rock became the country’s official representative in the sport.

“We’ve traveled literally all over the world,” Palmer said. “I’ve almost been to every continent with the team.”

Antarctica and South America are the only continents the team hasn’t traveled to. Palmer said the four-person team rotates members frequently.

“We’re always looking for new team members,” he said. “People that are willing to do this kind of work, willing to travel, willing to give up a lot to do what we do.”

Palmer lives in a camper with his wife and adopted son, while the other members share another camper.

Caleb Richmond, 21, joined the group with Cody Hansel nearly three months ago.

“I sold everything I had and now I’m on Team Rock,” Richmond said. “It was a huge leap of faith. I was going to join the Army, so I already had things lined up to sell and leave but I’ve never traveled all over or anything.”

He added that he was scared at first, but felt like he couldn’t pass up the opportunity.

“This isn’t an ordinary job,” he said. “It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity, so I decided to go with it.”

Alex “Jin” Algar is the fourth member of the team. He mostly does flips while breaking wooden boards. Richmond also does some leaping and flipping tricks, while Hansel and Palmer provide the muscle.

Palmer said he holds multiple martial arts records, including breaking 15 concrete blocks with his forearm.

“It’s actually isn’t a power thing, it’s a speed thing,” he said. “It’s a combination of both.”

The team is on tour most of the year, only taking breaks during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Richmond said he’s gotten used to traveling and living in a camper and added that he’s enjoying entertaining a variety of audiences.

“I’m still getting used to signing autographs and kids wanting my autograph,” he said. “That’s way over my head.”
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

If you train martial arts to protect the oppressed, you are keeping in line with the Bible.

If you train to be a bully, to be the oppressor, or to enjoy violence and blood shed you are going against the teaching of the Bible.

Jesus said at the end, cowards have no place in Heaven. Revelation 21:8.

Cowardice is a bigger problem among christians than violence, imo.

Christians who don't understand martial arts will say that TCMA is evil because they see videos like mysterious chi power, or qigong stuff, and see form drills and assume that it is a spiritual dance for some strange god. Lots of christians wrestle, play lacrosse, football - these were all originally methods of training for battle, so essentially martial arts. TCMA is misrepresented to christians by media and by spiritual guru hacks as being a spiritual practice and not a martial practice.

When you say "TCMA" to a christian with no M.A. Background, this is what they are picturing:
    Attachment 9024Attachment 9025Attachment 9026
    --—••—--•--—••—–-
    Its only a problem if there is a solution
    ⚓️

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Do you know a protestant movement that doesn't believe in the father, the son and the holy ghost?
    Unfortunately, yes. Unitarians. Those guys really bug me...
    --—••—--•--—••—–-
    Its only a problem if there is a solution
    ⚓️

Quote Originally Posted by Pipefighter View Post
    Unfortunately, yes. Unitarians. Those guys really bug me...
    Not just Unitarians though.
    Jehovah's Witnesses, Christadelphians, Christian sciences, Oneness pentacostals and a few more.

It is important to understand that the Trinity doctrine is a doctrine of Nature and simply states that Father, Son and HS share the same nature.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    It is important to understand that the Trinity doctrine is a doctrine of Nature and simply states that Father, Son and HS share the same nature.
    Not to start a religious war, but there is NOTHING "simple" about the Trinity.. it is an elaborate mental gymnastic to resolve fundamental theological problems .....

The best thing I have read on it is in fact "How Jesus Became God"
    http://www.amazon.com/How-Jesus-Beca.../dp/0061778184
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Not to start a religious war, but there is NOTHING "simple" about the Trinity.. it is an elaborate mental gymnastic to resolve fundamental theological problems .....

The best thing I have read on it is in fact "How Jesus Became God"
    http://www.amazon.com/How-Jesus-Beca.../dp/0061778184
    Actually, it is quite simple, its people that try to make it what it isn't that complicate things.
    I read Bart's book, as I read his others.
    Bart is not on the ball on this one, he seems to be working from a preconceived view ( the apparition hypothesis) and trying to justify it.
    Here is the view of one of the scholars he references in his book:
    http://larryhurtado.wordpress.com/20...od-per-ehrman/