Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They ARE out there......

They ARE out there......

In the past, people have accused me of exaggerating when I talk about people affiliated with CMA who are out of their mind. I've been told that surely no one could possibly be that delusional... well this is a 100% real post

Which is funnier? the shaolin snake style? "Tigers play" please tell that to those attacked by tigers... the ground monkey and drunken kick
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    When someone said, "I don't live in violent place. I don't need to use my MA to fight. If I care about fighting, I'll get a gun." There is not much that you can say after that.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

My sifu, called The Ancient One, taught us,

"Tigers Play, Monkeys Play, Snakes get STOMPED!"

He was very wise!

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    people like that are what is wrong with TCMA
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

It's just sales

You sell your style, they sell their style.

In the end, all that's left of your fighting each other is just dust in the wind.

In the end, all that's left of your fighting each other is just dust in the wind.
    Great!!! I really like that Well said ..... and so true!

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    Great!!! I really like that Well said ..... and so true!
    Kindof like lkfmdc's posts seem so full of sound and fury, signifying nothing ...

Everytime somebody tries to say, "Oh, traditional martial arts were so deadly."

LKMFDC and the MMA mob, "It doesn't work in the ring."

"Because traditional techniques are outlawed."

"Oh, you're so stupid."

Meanwhile what lkfmdc's selling is TCMA for the ring.

Anyways, it's the same over and over again, just another derivative of the playground bullying days.

Kindof like lkfmdc's posts seem so full of sound and fury, signifying nothing ...

"Oh, you're so stupid."

Anyways, it's the same over and over again, just another derivative of the playground bullying days.
    Hi Andy,

Mate well put!

A very considered and calm response ... that's a welcome thing on the forum!

Yeah I kinda get that whole "Playground Bullying" vibe happening here which is sad as this has the potential to do so much for Chinese Martial Arts.

Of some consideration is the format of "Bullying". This is something that features in the news in Oz. Why? Because of the potential it has had in many people being Cyber-Bullied via Facebook, forums and other on-line aspects to the point that the person has taken their own lives leaving behind shattered families asking why?

One should really think twice before firing off a missive at another as who knows what the ramifications of such actions could be?

Is their Bullying in the Guan or School of Martial Arts .... most probably not as much as in other areas due to the culture of mutual respect that is or at least should, be promoted.

This forum should be like the Kwoon, the Guan or Tang.

Sure agree to disagree, have a lively yet respectful debate but if your aim is simply "to tear another to pieces" as has been suggested by others here on this forum (Gethin) then ask yourself does that represent the true nature of the martial arts we should all strive for and what of the potential fallout of such personalised attacks ...... where could this take people? One needs to be very, very careful.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

"Oh, you're so stupid."

Hi Andy,

Mate well put!

Yeah I kinda get that whole "Playground Bullying" vibe happening here which is sad as this has the potential to do so much for Chinese Martial Arts.

Of some consideration is the format of "Bullying". This is something that features in the news in Oz. Why? Because of the potential it has had in many people being Cyber-Bullied via Facebook, forums and other on-line aspects to the point that the person has taken their own lives leaving behind shattered families asking why?

One should really think twice before firing off a missive at another as who knows what the ramifications of such actions could be?

Is their Bullying in the Guan or School of Martial Arts .... most probably not as much as in other areas due to the culture of mutual respect that is or at least should, be promoted.

Sure agree to disagree, have a lively yet respectful debate but if your aim is simply "to tear another to pieces" as has been suggested by others here on this forum (Gethin) then ask yourself does that represent the true nature of the martial arts we should all strive for and what of the potential fallout of such personalised attacks ...... where could this take people? One needs to be very, very careful.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    honestly it has nothing to do with tma or sport, what he quoted another person saying was just idiotic. seriously dim mak, tiger screws monkey technique? Anytime someone mentions dim mak a red flag the size of the Atlantic ocean flys high.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I don't see this as anything more than ego at play or a sort of impotent rage still roiling.

Truth is, guys my age don't fight too much in competitive sport and unless they run with a bad crowd or live in the worst neighbourhood in the world, they don't street fight much either. So, there's that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I would like to say that idiotic things like that are a surprise to me but alas, that is not the case.
    Denial is not just a river in Egypt and for many people, delusion is their best friend.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    denial is not just a river in egypt
    haha 1 2 3 4 5 6
    I guess we are who we are

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    Hi Andy,

Mate well put!

On the other hand, 'personal attacks' and 'bullying' are terms that others can deploy to protect themselves from criticism. As is 'wu de', which is so often deployed to mean 'You can't criticise me, it's bad wu de!'.

One of the potential benefits of a CMA forum is that it offers a chance to apply criticism to groups which are otherwise closed off and insular. We have (mostly) middle aged men, running groups, who have actual ego invested in being called 'sifu' or other ridiculous self-awarded titles by other human beings. While their groups might be sclerotic, insular and utterly hostile to criticism, it isn't necessarily a good thing to replicate an obsequious relationship in the wider social domain.