Thread: UFC 167 Title Fight

Threaded View

UFC 167 Title Fight

Hendricks vs GSP full fight...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17...ht-video_sport

Hmmmm can't say I agree with the decision but Hendricks has no one to blame but himself. A good part of the fight was primarily a wrestling match and Hendricks made some very poor tactical decisions during the fight...he was landing lots of knees and elbows early and completely got away from that after the 3rd round. He also went from throwing combinations to just pot shoting and pawing with his right jab which was landing early. His biggest mistake was letting GSP up for no reason in the 4th when he was landing awesome ground and pound.

To GSP's credit he has the heart of a champion, was out gunned here but kept on attacking, jab was spot on a few take downs that Hendricks instantly countered. He tried some submissions throughout the fight kamuras and guillotines but at no point did he have Hendricks in trouble.

Reminded me of the Gustafson vs Jones fight...I think the judges gave the Champ a little more credit than the challenger.

GSP is clearly on the decline, his last fight against an inferior athlete Conduit, he was busted up badly and again last Sat, he looked the like the victim.

Hendricks needs to improve on his striking and combinations and he will dominate.

Post fight press conference, check out Dana White: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x17...ghlights_sport
    Last edited by Hebrew Hammer; 11-18-2013 at 02:12 PM.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost