Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: What has happened to this forum?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Maybe your posts just aren't that interesting.
    It has nothing to do with whether the subject is interesting or not. Even the most interesting subject, if everybody all agree with it, there won't be much to say after 1 or 2 pages. If we start a thread such as, "Is it right or wrong that Japan invaded China during WWII?" As long as we have one Chinese and one Japanese in this forum, The discussion can go beyond 2000 pages even if 99% of the American members may not have any interest in it. To have strong opposite opinions and willing to fight for it is the requirement for any thread to continue and last.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 12-28-2013 at 07:47 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

If you all want the forum to improve, be the improvement you desire. Don't be afraid.
    That's it!

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    It has nothing to do with whether the subject is interesting or not. Even the most interesting subject, if everybody all agree with it, there won't be much to say after 1 or 2 pages. If we start a thread such as, "Is it right or wrong that Japan invaded China during WWII?" As long as we have one Chinese and one Japanese in this forum, The discussion can go beyond 2000 pages even if 99% of the American members may not have any interest in it. To have strong opposite opinions and willing to fight for it is the requirement for any thread to continue and last.
    YKW:

Starting any thread is like going fishing. Maybe you'll catch a lot; maybe a little; and maybe you'll get "skunked" and not catch anything. Maybe if you start one after the holidays, more people might drift back and participate.

I know you were just throwing an example out, but I seriously doubt that a thread on Japan/China in WWII would go overly long. And unless the Japanese member were ultra-right-wing, I highly doubt he/she would debate that it was right. I'm Japanese (-American), and would find no interest in such a thread. Anyway, how would you know who is what? In my experience on other forums, MA or otherwise, most of those with Japanese or Japanese-sounding screen names are usually white guys.

It is true that threads that generate the most heated arguments tend to become the biggest. IMO, debate is invaluable, but arguing, at least beyond a certain point, is a waste. Then it becomes a matter of quality vs. quantity.

If you take side feverishly, the debate would catch fire.

iPhone 5s or Nexus 5

iPad air or galaxy note 8

then there is the microsoft surface (win RT).

Watching the microsoft commercial is fun enough.

There are always more lurkers or readers then posters in any forum.

Blog Entries
    I have just started a "Lean or not lean" thread. Let's see how far we can make that thread going.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

I have just started a "Lean or not lean" thread. Let's see how far we can make that thread going.
    1. If you WANT to throw the opponent, you lean toward his moving direction and weight.

Lean away.

2. If you WANT to neutralize the opponent's power and move,

you do not lean, you remain neutral to deflect or guide his power.

Stay away for the most part and add a little power to the same direction.

Do not lean.

There.

Spot on dlcox!

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    Interesting that this thread has 113 posts and 8 pages.....
    I know, right? Such is the nature of our forum. It's more fun to complain than to have constructive discussions. But that's okay. I like to complain too.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

YKW's "lean or don't lean' thread is moving along... I still hate the color scheme here though
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

The yellow color theme always reminded me of "post it" or "google keep".

Draw attention that is.

It's supposed to look yellow like cheese.

Nacho cheese.

******, we just crashed for a while. The new forum was supposed to remedy that. We'll have to ask IT what's up with that. Next year, though...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

yes, it crashed, so much for the new forum

maybe it doesn't like the faux nacho color
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

faux nacho color?

What's the realz nacho color exactly?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Guys I know why the server is having problems. The server is run on liquid nacho cheese and the coldness of the server solidified the nacho cheese thus jamming it up with hardened cheese and depleting the energy source needed to keep he server running. I have you found out Gene you sly snake in the grass.

Nice to know many old timers are still posting in the renewed forum.

Wow. I have been posting for the last 10 years.

From windows xp to windows 8.1 and iOS 7, android 4.4.

Great.

I don't come here as often as I used to. I spent about 5 and a half months trying to die in the VA Hospital. Just now trying to get it back together. The first thing I seen was a repeat of an old thread that had played out several times already. The most notable thing is that I see just a small hand full of the same names that are always ready to inject their opinions into everything. for a forum with so many members only a tiny hand full take part. Most of these are the ones that can speak of just about every fighting system ever though up. Google I think should be thanked for that. As long as these conditions continue, It will always be like this. People with real experience and ideas are afraid to join in because of this small band of bullies, who seem to spend most of their free time here or on a bunch of other forums doing the same things there.
    Jackie Lee